Update 1.34 (February Update) speculation thread

• Thread starter Envoxeb
  • 860 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a direct copy-and-paste of my guesses from the January speculation thread. I can't wait to go 0/8 again this month. Kidding aside, I feel these are still some pretty safe bets.

Track: Twin Ring Motegi

Cars:
1. Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo ‘96 (Returning Standard)
2. Honda Civic Type R ‘97 (Returning Premium)
3. Pagani Huayra ‘13 (Returning Premium)
4. Chevy Camaro Z28 302 ‘69 (Returning Premium)
5. Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak ‘98 (Returning Standard)
6. Mazda MX-5 Miata (NA) ‘89 (Returning Premium)
7. Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary ‘88 (Returning Premium)

Last edited:
Long time no guess:lol: (last time was April 2018)

TRACK: Goodwood Hill Climb (better have rally stage)

CARS:
1. Honda Civic Type R (EK9) '97 (Return)
2. Honda S2000 (AP1) '99 (Upgrade)
3. Honda NSX Type R (NA2) '02 (Return)
4. Lexus LFA Nürburgring Package '12 (Return)
5. Mercedes Benz SL 55 AMG (R230) '02 (Return)
6. Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution V GSR '98 (Upgrade)
7. Toyota Castrol TOM'S Supra (GT500) '97 (Return)
8. Toyota GR Supra '19 (New)

... 9. Chris Forsberg's Nissan 370Z Formula Drift Car :sly: (New)

Last edited:
I have been thinking of this since Route X dropped in the last update. How do you feel if Route X did not get a circuit experience, but instead, the next update brings back Speed Test mode. I know it breaks from the pattern of previous updates, but it would be a good addition and of use to those who are into this type of tuning. Just a thought

I have been thinking of this since Route X dropped in the last update. How do you feel if Route X did not get a circuit experience, but instead, the next update brings back Speed Test mode. I know it breaks from the pattern of previous updates, but it would be a good addition and of use to those who are into this type of tuning. Just a thought

We had a circuit experience for Northern Isle Speedway; we're not above it.

I was looking at the GT6 premium cars and searching for the most "important" missing Cars in GT Sport.
I know there's still a thread about, but in my opinion we have High chances to get:

-Mazda RX8 or Miata NA
-Ferrari 430/599/California
-Lexus LFA/IS F
-Mercedes 300SL
-new manufacturer (cizeta? Bentley? Cadillac? Fisker? Isuzu? Lotus?)

My most accurate prediction is:

Some cars
A track (Maybe real world)
Some new League events
Route X circuit experience (:lol:)

(I kinda hope if it is a real world circuit it isn't Spa, purely for entertainment value!)
giphy.gif

As I said before the past 1.32 update I expect the upcoming is more than circuit+car+unknownbugfix

Um, it was, at least for those who actually RACE in this racing sim(cade...): BoP changes to Gr. 3 plus changes to the physics model completely reshuffled things for anything Gr3 related. Lots of leagues are in mild turmoil.

So really it was cars+track+oldbugsfixedbutbroughtsomenew+screwallgr3racers

Um, it was, at least for those who actually RACE in this racing sim(cade...): BoP changes to Gr. 3 plus changes to the physics model completely reshuffled things for anything Gr3 related. Lots of leagues are in mild turmoil.

So really it was cars+track+oldbugsfixedbutbroughtsomenew+screwallgr3racers

Our Gr.2 and Gr.4 leagues are still going good.
Gr.3 I'm sure we'll survive.

Last edited:
I've updated my list to include an 8th car. I've also marked the ones I'm most confident in with a bold/asterisk:

Track: Twin Ring Motegi*

Cars:
1. Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo ‘96 (Returning Standard)
2. Honda Civic Type R (EK) ‘97 (Returning Premium)*
3. Pagani Huayra ‘13 (Returning Premium)*
4. Chevy Camaro Z28 302 ‘69 (Returning Premium)*

5. Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak ‘98 (Returning Standard)
6. Mazda MX-5 Miata (NA) ‘89 (Returning Premium)*
7. Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary ‘88 (Returning Premium)
8. Toyota 7 Race Car '70 (Retuning Standard)

GT League Event:
1. Type R Meeting (to coincide with the recent Integra and my speculated Civic Type R additions)*

Last edited:
Ok, so before I just posted the hypothetical Super GT car list. I purposefully made it to exclude any JGTC cars as those are just simply too ancient.

Now I'll actually do some speculation:

- 1995 Toyota SERA (N100) (Returning Standard)
- 2008 Ferrari F430 Scuderia (N500) (Returning Premium)
- 2007 Ferrari FXX (N800) (Returning Premium) (it was treated as a road car in past entries)
- 2008 Lamborghini Gallardo (N600) (Returning Premium)
- 2013 Pagani Huayra (N700) (Returning Premium)
- 2012 Audi R8 LMS Ultra (Gr.3) (Returning Premium)
- 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 (N300) (Returning Premium)
- 2020 Toyota Supra A90 / Supra A90 GT500 (New to Series) (Either or both)
- 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT-8 (N500) (Returning Premium)

Potential Tracks:

Silverstone / Circuit Ascari / Matterhorn (pick one of the three)

- Route X Circuit Experience with a Tomahawk VGT
- Events are really anyone's guess at this point. PD have really failed to utilise all these new cars in the recent updates.

Cars that I don't believe will return:
- Any outdated racing series that does not meet FIA Gr4/3/2/1/B categories.
- Lotus, Ginetta, Lister or Marcos
- Any fictional "LM Race Car" modelled before Gran Turismo 5
- Race Modified Original Race Cars from GT5 or any other race car, real or fictional, with another car that already has an analogue in GT Sport. Ex: Corvette RM vs C7 Gr.3.

Cars that I don't believe will be featured in this game:
- 2018+ Hypercars
- Race cars that already have direct analogues in this game (Vantage GT4, M4 GT4, Callaway Corvette GT3)

Last edited:
I wonder if the reason why the an additional Route X layout wasn't in the PS3-era games was because it simply needed more tweaks? Perhaps in GT Sport, we could see its final version, and perhaps with tunnels that look a bit more reasonable - and not so much like something from F-Zero or WipEout. I also would definitely consider Alsace, Colorado Springs, or Sardegna obtaining new layouts, as I believe they're the only original courses without new layouts that also follow the naming format of other areas, like Tokyo Expressway or Dragon Trail. Also to note that Broad Bean & Northern Isle don't have other layouts, either, so I really don't know.

I do think it's very interesting that Route X is the first returning original course - here's hoping more original circuits are to come, perhaps even including city circuits, despite the fact that the real-world landscape of those areas could've easily changed considerably since their last inclusion. (An obvious one being New York City.) But even then, I wonder what may be better: the original circuits for some of the city courses returning, or perhaps using real-world street circuit layouts in those same locales? This could easily apply to locales such as Hong Kong, where you had the GT4 city course, but there's also the real-world Formula E circuit. There was another Formula E circuit in Brooklyn, which could replace the New York City course seen in GT4, unless PD decides to update the latter Manhattan-based circuit; if they truly wanted, maybe they could even combine the two courses. It's especially interesting given that Kaz wants to add Formula E to the series, which could say something about future city courses to come, given Formula E's prolific use of street circuits.

I also hope that multiple layouts could be added even for the same locale, if the other layout only appeared in another GT game, like we can see with the three layouts of Rome. Perhaps we could even see a singular location of "Eiger," which could take the layouts of the Eiger Nordwand from GT5, but also Grindelwald from GT2, with one layout merging the two locations. In a similar vein, if some of the Special Stage/Clubman Stage areas truly were set in Tokyo, you could potentially create some nutty layouts by merging them with the Tokyo Expressway course. On the other hand, I wonder if there's really much to indicate where the Special Stage/Clubman Stage courses are set, as they may not necessarily be set in Tokyo, or even Japan, for as little as I know.

EDIT: It does seem like SSR7 and SSR5 are connected or at least very close to another, according to the GT wiki. Hopefully we'll be able to actually race the connected layout in the future. It also seems that much like what I mentioned regarding the Rome Circuit, SSR11 had two layouts - one in GT1, and another in GT3, wherein I'm most familiar with the latter.

Finally, I think if the Ferrari FXX (or FXXK, etc.) were added, it'd be in Gr.X, much like the Pagani Zonda R and the McLaren P1 GTR. I also would think that in a future game that uses the group system, the Aston Martin Vulcan, KTM X-Bow R, and the Toyota S-FR Racing Concept would all be in Gr.X, as they're mostly track-only cars, and this may actually help the Vulcan, as I wonder if one of the reasons it's so bad is because it's been "dumbed-down" for the N-series?

Last edited:
the Nations and Manufacturer's schedules for the next season don't include any TBA locations. That implies that any February update won't include any, or at least, not any suitable for FIA races.

the Nations and Manufacturer's schedules for the next season don't include any TBA locations. That implies that any February update won't include any, or at least, not any suitable for FIA races.
Could mean a new track like Spa, Silverstone, pretty much any where. Didn't the final FIA race take place on Tokyo Expressway?

Well, here I go again with this. I'm judging of course based on past patterns with update content.

Track: I'm going on a limb and saying Twin Ring Motegi based on them adding Suzuka, Tsukuba, and Fuji already. It will have the same layouts as in GT6 since that's what PD did with the previous courses. Alt choice: Spa Francorchamps (not-kidding here), I honestly think this could jump in GTS soon since they are in-fact adding FIA tracks.

Cars: This is a bit more difficult to determine as I learned in these past updates that any car is at play when they added cars I did not expect at all (DeTomaso Pantera, Mclaren P1 GTR, etc). I'll try though.

- Honda Civic EK9 Type R '97, based on them adding other Hondas from the 1990s. Though most of those Hondas have been standard cars from GT6 rather than premiums. PD hasn't really added a GT6 premium Honda other than the 2008 Epson NSX Super GT car.
Alternate: Honda Civic EG6 3-Door SiR-II '93, it's another 90s Honda and has been with the GT franchise for a long time. It's also a standard car.

- Ford Mustang Boss 302 '13, Polyphony Digital has been adding Fords all through the past year from GT6. Now, they're out of premium Ford GTs; so I imagine Mustangs are next. I would say the 2013 Shelby GT500, but that sounds more like something Turn 10 would do. Polyphony Digital I think would add the slower model first.
Alternate: 2007 Ford Mustang GT, PD could be more silly and just add the earlier 5th gen Mustang.

- I'm predicting another Gran Turismo award car like the past cars added; the Aston Martin DB3S & Fugu Z. I would list the car, but I forgot what other cars got a GT award.

- Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 '69 - based on PD adding the classic Corvettes that were premiums in GT6. I think the Camaro would be their next choice since the C2 & C3 are now in GTS. I would say the Art Morrison Corvette, but that's technically not under Chevy. So, they may not place it in GTS yet.
Alt Choice: I also just remembered another classic Corvette that is under Chevy, the 1959 Sting Ray Racer Concept. Based on the classic race cars and concepts added; it's not out of the realm of possibility.

- 2006 Toyota Yellowhat YMS Supra - After adding the late 2000s Lexus SC430 Super GT car, I think it's possible that PD will continue with the older Super GT cars (& JGTC cars). This would be next in-line after the SC430.
Alt Choice: 2018 Toyota Supra GT500 Concept - A wild card of PD once again having early access to another race car from Toyota just like with the Supra concept added months ago.

- 2006 Nissan Xanavi Nismo Z - Similar reason to the Yellowhat Supra above.
Alt Choice: 2009 Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) - PD seems to be just adding their premium Z cars from GT6 right now with the Fugu Z being the only exception. I imagine they'll eventually add the older Zs at some point, but not until the Z34 makes an appearance.

- 1988 Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary - I'm going with this for a Lamborghini on that there aren't many from GT6 yet to add and I don't think PD would pick a Murcielago first being PD.
Alt Choice: 2006 Murcielago LP640, if they did go for a Murcielago; I would in fact see them adding this over the SV on the fact PD does things like this a lot. They choose the slower model for certain cars.

- BMW Z4 M Coupe '08 - They've recently started adding back premium BMWs from GT6 (e92 M3, M3 GT2, Z8) and I think this would be next on being another Z-roadster. It's also a ///M car like the M3s and M4s already in the game.
Alt Choice: BMW M5 e60 '08 - It's another ///M car from GT6 that was a premium.

Note: I would try to think of new-to-series cars, but I'm not sure what they could add as these have been random. That's why this list has been GT6 premiums. Though, I imagine that there will be 1 or 2 new-to-series cars added none-the-less since they've been doing that.

Here's my prediction:

Cars:

1. Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 Superveloce '09 (N700)
2. Porsche 718 Cayman S (N400)
3. Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo MR '98 (N300)
4. BMW M8 GTE '17 (Gr. 3)
5. Ford GT GTE '17 (Gr. 3)
6. Ford GT '17 (N700)
7. Honda Civic Type R '97 (N200)

Track:

Twin Ring Motegi (Super Speedway, West and East Short Courses, and Road Course)

GT League Events:

- Type R Meeting (Beginner League)
- Made in Flacht (Amateur League) - basically racing events focusing on N-Class Porsches.
- Club ///M (Amateur League)
- Additional races in Gr.1 Cup (Professional League)
- Additional race in Porsche Cup (Endurance League)

As much as I want one, I doubt we'll get a "Honda" in the next update. We just got one in 1.32.
Could be a Spoon N300 car, if it's Honda based.

We missed out on a Toyota again, for the last couple updates. Any Toyota has to make an appearance for the next. A Lexus model? May happen side by side with a Toyota.

Thought we may have been due for a French car in 1.32. The 2CV comes to mind as a standard that could be updated to Premium.

These updates have some awesome surprises of late.

I think that might mean that we are not getting an update until after the next season has ended.

Personally, my opinion is that we won't get a February update until the end of the month.

Could mean a new track like Spa, Silverstone, pretty much any where. Didn't the final FIA race take place on Tokyo Expressway?
What? No, it means the opposite of that. If they introduced a Spa or Silverstone they'd almost certainly want it to be in this season.

I think that tracks like spa, silverstone, Laguna seca etc. will be released by Gran Turismo 7. New game will be released this in December and it will contain Sport Mode like now.

I'm sure that PD has monthly like 20 new cars ready to put in the game, but they are holding most of them for new game. we get mostly GT6 models (outsourced work) and only one or two new cars made by PD. Next year we will get new console and PD will for sure release GT7 on ps4. Maybe we will get pikes peak, goodwood and other tracks, that are not compatible for sport mode.

About 1.33 update: probably some new layout for Alasce.

Cars? 6 rerurning GT6 premiums, 1 remade standard, 1 new to the franchise, 1 sema/pebble beach car.

I think that tracks like spa, silverstone, Laguna seca etc. will be released by Gran Turismo 7. New game will be released this in December and it will contain Sport Mode like now.

I'm sure that PD has monthly like 20 new cars ready to put in the game, but they are holding most of them for new game. we get mostly GT6 models (outsourced work) and only one or two new cars made by PD. Next year we will get new console and PD will for sure release GT7 on ps4. Maybe we will get pikes peak, goodwood and other tracks, that are not compatible for sport mode.

About 1.33 update: probably some new layout for Alasce.

Cars? 6 rerurning GT6 premiums, 1 remade standard, 1 new to the franchise, 1 sema/pebble beach car.

Given their production times there is no chance in hell that happens.

GT7, maybe 4 years into the PS5 gen give their time management and planning incompetence.

Given their production times there is no chance in hell that happens.

GT7, maybe 4 years into the PS5 gen give their time management and planning incompetence.

100 milions PS4's on the market. They don't waste a chance to release new game and sell it. Hopefully...

I would absolutely HATE another GT6 fiasco where they release their latest game on an outdated system.

I would probably skip it like I did GT6. But let's see if they have done anything to address their crippling management issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back