What are you Eating/Drinking?

• Thread starter Super-Supra
  • 22,273 comments
You shouldn't eat this late, Solid.

I'm eating #1 combo(burrito supreme thingy) from Taco Bell with XL Baja Blast( :drool: ).

Can't get enough E. coli in your diet, now can you?

You like to live too dangerously, my friend.

I was hungry for some meat and cheese.

Can't get enough E. coli in your diet, now can you?

You like to live too dangerously, my friend.

I was hungry for some meat and cheese.
Dang it. I heard about their green onion to lettuce scare or something like that. I forgot about it. :ouch: Oh, well. I hadn't been to Taco Bell in a while, so I was suffering from Baja Blast withdrawal anyway. :P

Dang it. I heard about their green onion to lettuce scare or something like that. I forgot about it. :ouch: Oh, well. I hadn't been to Taco Bell in a while, so I was suffering from Baja Blast withdrawal anyway. :P

I should talk; since my oldest had a sleepover yesterday, we had Taco Bell that night so I didn't have to cook or do dishes. The wife brought it home and I asked, "Not enough E. coli in our diet, hun?" She said, "Oh, ****, that's right!" "Well, it's too late, now."

Solid and family like to live dangerously, too.

Lightly toasted bread
dsc00403qq1.jpg

PLUS

Fruit Jam
dsc00405qb6.jpg

PLUS

Vegemite
dsc00406ai9.jpg

EQUALS

Best. Sandwich. Ever.
dsc00407ud2.jpg

An omelette. Three eggs, some fine-chopped black forest ham, and cheese.
(Although I appear to be missing approximately 2/3 of it now)

Christmas morning goose hunt provided me with two geese. One for Christmas dinner, which was fantastic, but different this year, and one in the freezer for a special dinner, later.

This, of course, means I made a goose stock.

Goose Stock

1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 onion, chopped
2 quarts cold water
1 large goose carcass
4 carrots chopped
1 cup chopped celery
2 bay leaves
1 tablespoon of fresh oregano
1 tablespoon of fresh parsley
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper

Prepare

Heat the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 5 minutes, or until soft and golden. Add the water, goose carcass, carrots, celery, and bay leaves and bring to a boil; with a large spoon, skim off the foam that forms on the surface.

Reduce the heat and simmer gently for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Line a colander or sieve with cheesecloth and strain the stock into a bowl or other container. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. This is your goose stock.

It should firm up after refrigerating because the collagen you cooked into a liquid state is now firming up. The stock has collagen from the goose carcass. This is what makes soup stocks so damn tasty, so don't think it's gross. Remember, the texture and taste is fantastic and you CANNOT buy this stuff in a store.

But, what do with it. How about...

SVALBARD BEET SOUP WITH GOOSE STOCK

Soup

2 tablespoons olive oil
2 red onions, chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 pounds beets, peeled and cut into 1-inch dice
2 bay leaves
2 carrots, chopped
5 cups Goose Stock (above recipe)
1 teaspoon chili powder, or more to taste
2 to 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Fine sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper (to taste)
1/4 cup sour cream

Prepare

In a medium pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Sauté the onions and garlic until soft and light brown, 4 to 5 minutes.

Add the beets, bay leaves, carrots, and stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 35 to 40 minutes, until the beets are soft. Remove the bay leaves.

Transfer the soup to a blender, in batches if necessary, and puree until smooth. Return the soup to the pot and reheat. Season with the chili powder, lemon juice, and salt and pepper. Pour the soup into bowls. Add a tablespoon of sour cream to each bowl, and serve.

I work Tuesday - Saturday, so I had today off.

My brunch(pretty much breakfast) this morning was Cheddar-Beer potato chips by our local Kettle Chips.

Just finished some white rice(I prefer brown), fried tofu w/veggies, Korean pork.

I am full.

Today, for dinner, I made my famous Beef Ragu over rice. I wanted mashed potatoes instead of rice, but was out voted.

I just finished Taco Bell steak quesadilla, but I pretty much went there just for the Mountain Dew Baja Blast. :drool:

Back