What are you Eating/Drinking?

• Thread starter Super-Supra
  • 22,199 comments
I get mine with mayonnaise, pickles and mustard. Or plain.

I have to get plain because I don't like any sauce or other toppings, although I do throw a handful of fries under the bun for good measure. The cheese does a good job of softening it all up.

Boterham met confituur and a banana.

Please someone translate correctly because when it comes to bread, sandwiches and stuff, I still don't know the correct word.

Sunday lunch at Din Tai Fung:

IMG_4226.JPG

IMG_4227.JPG

IMG_4229.JPG

IMG_4230.JPG

IMG_4232.JPG

IMG_0714.JPG
I enjoyed 2 of these last night at a local place.
Trap Door Brewing
HAZED UP IPA
8.2% ABV

Appearance and aroma:
An unusual take on an IPA. It is as cloudy as a Hefe Weizen. Just looking at it, with its thick burnt orange color blanketed in haze, you would expect it to smell of bananas, cloves or bread that are the typical notes for a Hefe. This on the other hand is strongly grapefruit and pine forward with a slight mango sweetness at the end.
It left delicate lacing down the entire glass.

Taste: an immediate pink grapefruit citrus bomb followed by pine sap. The first few sips required my palate to make some adjustments to the unrelenting piney bitterness. After my mouth new what we were up to, it was a most enjoyable beer. Even with pucker factor at 10.
Overall: Not everyone's cup of tea.
7.75 out of 10

I was stupid and purchased an 18-count box of Mac & Cheese at Costco that I've been trying to use before it expires. However when plain it can get old fast so I've been mixing stuff in with it to add some variety.

So far I've tried:

Peas - Surprisingly good
Cholula hot sauce - decent
Jalapeno & Chedder brats - Amazing!

I have to get plain because I don't like any sauce or other toppings, although I do throw a handful of fries under the bun for good measure. The cheese does a good job of softening it all up.
Wow, I thought I was the only person on Earth who eats their burgers either plain or with fries as a topping.

Wow, I thought I was the only person on Earth who eats their burgers either plain or with fries as a topping.

If you're from around the Pittsburgh, PA area, it's almost mandatory to have fries on top of any sandwich, including burgers.

Fries should be included as a topping for sandwiches (like burgers) on menus. Double fries bacon cheese burger should be a thing. Having fries as a side order is just a distraction from the burger.

If you're from around the Pittsburgh, PA area, it's almost mandatory to have fries on top of any sandwich, including burgers.
Yeah, I've seen that, but I mean fries should be the only topping other than cheese on an ideal burger. I'm only talking about the traditional hamburger toppings here though.

A couple of thick slabs of turkey breast and mashed potatoes after a bike ride.

Starving!

I went to their website, most of their stuff comes with rice. I'm not sure what that is on top, it looks like mashed potatoes.

Either way, fried meat in curry gravy, can't be bad is far as I'm concerned. Looks great.

On top is omelette. ;)

Katsu Curry is a staple in every Japanese menu. In Japan they taste heavenly (and cheap too!)

Went for lunch in an organic restaurant where most of the food is farmed on site. Wasn't half as pretentious or expensive as I thought it would be and it's nice dining surrounded by hydroponic farms and knowing to food couldn't be any fresher. Not sure about the fish I had though because they didn't have any ponds nearby.

I am having a bit of fruit and a pint of mince lol, At lunch I'm going to have a fruit snack then for dinner maybe a salad with oven cooked chips

Back