What are you Eating/Drinking?

• Thread starter Super-Supra
  • 22,201 comments
Some more Chef's Plate stuff:

image.jpeg

Pork chop with maple mustard sauce, rutabaga mash, and sautéed cabbage. Cabbage wasn't my sort of thing, but the rutabaga proved tasty, and that maple mustard sauce was delicious.

image.jpeg

A cold noodle dish (other than the still-warm quick-pickled yellow pepper. I felt healthy eating it, but it wasn't super filling.

image.jpeg

Yesterday's pan-fried cod with a hominy/pablano mix, and a onion/tomatillo salsa. Tasty, but could use some more heat.

Saturday, I went to grab some fried chicken from my favourite place, as it was their last day of business:

image.jpeg

Had to take it to go because of my foot. Just hidden under the biscuit is a small container of tasty, spicy bacon-laced collards. I'm gonna miss that place. :(

Had rice, sautéed gailan and baked salmon for dinner. Now having a Lagunitas Undercover Investigation Shut-Down ale for post dinner/dessert.

Had rice, sautéed gailan and baked salmon for dinner. Now having a Lagunitas Undercover Investigation Shut-Down ale for post dinner/dessert.

That is a fantastic beer. Perfect dessert!
:cheers:

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Last night I enjoyed 3 of Goodlife's Descender IPA.

Appearance: pouring into a snifter glass reveals a hazy, deep orange color. Regardless of a heavy pour or a light pour a huge head forms made of large fluffy, foamy bubbles that fade quickly and leave exceptional lacing on the glass.

Smell: citrus hops dominate the nose with sharp/zesty grapefruit and orange notes. A nice pine/spruce resin smell on the back end. Malts are unnoticeable.

Taste: huge flavor. Tropical fruits start the experience and it finishes with a pine resin finish. It has a touch of sweetness from the malts but this beer is all about the hop profile and it does not disappoint.

Mouth feel: creamy, effervescent, moderate sharp bitterness.

Overall: an in your face IPA with light sweetness and malt backdrop. Hops are intense-sharp slightly bitter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Decide to try out the curry house just at the end of my road. Never been there before as it looks a right dive, but what a surprise. Excellent food and staff, plus loads of chef's specials I've never heard of, which is always good in a curry house. Can't believe I've lived 150 yards from this place for 3 years and never tried it - doh!

1xo1a8.jpg

Bum like a Japanese flag this morning though... :scared:

Made a new batch of chili and was looking for a different way to eat it besides just in a bowl n cornbread. So I remembered seeing this on TV and decided to try it...

Verdict: tasted good but way too many carbs

image.jpeg

So we recently got Apple Butter and Apple Sauce from Eckerts. I think.

Needless to say, the Apple Butter brought reason to a triple decker sandwich this morning. (Heel slice in the middle) It was absolutely wonderful.

The Apple Sauce though... homemade and chunky. It WAS the BOMB!

image.jpeg
Visited Heathen Brewings Brewpub here in town today. I enjoyed 2 different IPAs.
Malice Triple IPA at 10.1% (left) and Kevlar IPA at 8.3% (right). One was better than the other. If you would like a review of either, let me know.
I also ate a plate of truffle fries and a personal pepperoni pie.

I made a batch of that japanese Golden Curry. It was good, but now I have a major headache. I had to doctor it up a bit with a bunch of sun dried tomatoes, carrots, onions, and cauliflower.

View attachment 525871 Visited Heathen Brewings Brewpub here in town today. I enjoyed 2 different IPAs.
Malice Triple IPA at 10.1% (left) and Kevlar IPA at 8.3% (right). One was better than the other. If you would like a review of either, let me know.
I also ate a plate of truffle fries and a personal pepperoni pie.
Those look ridiculous. :bowdown:

I also had a pie today (Zeek's, Spanish Steps), but missed the Black Raven IPA in the pic because oops. :embarrassed:

20160313_145535.jpg

I love me some basil.

I like the word pizza better, in case it matters... I was just using his language. :D It was a tasty pizza. 3 or 4 slices for tomorrow.

I was raised to call it pizza. But, somehow along the years it morphed into "pie". My wife still looks at me funny when I say it. It's round, it's cut into slices, its got a crust, it's delicious, it's pie.:lol:

image.jpeg
Lagunita's "Little Sumpin' Sumpin' Ale".

Appearance: A rather clear. light amber/orange leaving 1-2 fingers of creamy off white foam. The head settles quickly leaving an exceptional lacing down the entire glass. Tiny bubbles float from the bottom.

Aroma: Heavenly scents encompass the nose. Sweet fruits like cantaloupe and peaches with a mix of lemony pine.

Taste: It is on point with the aroma. Perhaps some bread/biscuit flavors on the end due to its wheat backbone. It's sweet and hoppy. It's a perfect balance between the two.

Overall: This is a winner for me. It's always in my rotation. Always in my fridge. I like piney hops and a sweet malt balance. This beer has no equals when it comes to that balance, for me.

Cheers

Cheers.

Their Hop Stoopid is great. Their super strong Brown Shugga' is great. Their new one, the CitruSinesis (pain to spell) is pretty decent but I have a bias towards less malty IPAs. Not to say it's malty though, as it's not really all that malty. Just being picky.

Back