What don't you like about GTS? From the beta

• Thread starter diesel97
  • 505 comments
If people have questions about the beta, please let me know I will try to answer as many as I can in a timely fashion. I spent a large amount of time playing and streaming the game over the weekend.

From what I've played of the beta this weekend, I own a base ps4, the game holds 60fps very well even when dealing with 20 cars on the track at once, and the major screen tearing issues of previous games appears to have been resolved.

How can you tell the FPS on the PS4?

I haven't played the beta but this is what I think needs improving from the streams I've seen.

1. They need to give us the option of changing the Hub to our liking, like PCars.
2. Remove the start timer when waiting for the online race to begin or put in the corner a countdown timer.
3. Keep improving the engine sounds, there getting better but the transmission whine could be toned down a little, make the engines sound louder, I also miss the turbo spool sound from older GTS builds, perhaps It needs to be mixed a bit better.
4. Cockpits look a little dark although that could just be from video compression on the streams.

That's what I'd like improved so far.

If people have questions about the beta, please let me know I will try to answer as many as I can in a timely fashion. I spent a large amount of time playing and streaming the game over the weekend.

You seem like a likely candidate to ask this question of.

Did you sign (or agree to) a Non-Disclosure Agreement before testing the Beta and if yes are you worried about any consequences?

It seems to me a lot of beta testers are ignoring it if there was one at all.

Cheers.

But still, you're telling me that I shouldn't buy it because of the slow AI. What if I'm in it more for the physics? I find it a bit pretentious that you're telling me to not buy the game just because the AI is slow.

Seems we look for different things in our racing games. I tend to look for physics more than AI, while it's vice versa for you. Can we leave it at that?
I've not said you shouldn't buy it. I said "No reason to buy it" Not you shouldn't buy it. You can leave it at that.

Not something I don't like, instead an improvement such as more engine roar and grawling sound because I have just watch a video and listen to RaceRoom engine sound sample makes me think PD need to pay attention for that. Race cars are an animal. They are brutal and wild, that's what make them exciting. I don't mind with the road cars sounds like, they are okay I guess.

Last edited:
Its called feed back,If the only thing PD hears is loving and gushing nothing will ever change...

Very little chance of that on this site ;) If it's feedback you wished to give, then a non-partisan title such as 'Your Feedback about the GTS Beta' would have done a better job, surely?

I'm with Oddball on this.

Cars and grouping wise...I wish they could at least apply a paintscheme on the Peugeot Gr.3...it looks so out of place with its odd bodywork and no racing livery whatsoever...and that thin rear wing doesn't help that much

Also I wish they could swap category for the Bugatti VGT, from Gr.1 to Gr.3, it doesn't really fit into a LM prototype class...but I understand there's some marketing image blah blah going around, it's asking too much I know

The AI. Why get only three different settings? There are only beginner, inter, and pro?! It's too few. I wouldn't like to play another slow GT games in offline mode...

Very little chance of that on this site ;) If it's feedback you wished to give, then a non-partisan title such as 'Your Feedback about the GTS Beta' would have done a better job, surely?

I'm with Oddball on this.
If you look at the threads you can see one for what you like and one for what you don't like , makes it easier to read through

Can anyone recommend links to beta footage that shows in-cockpit close, clean racing? The Beta Tester footage I have found so far seems to be more of an "arcade mentality' with lots of collisions and a lack of good racecraft. Nothing wrong with that, I'm just interested in seeing more what the immersion is like from a "drive it like you own it" perspective. 👍

Can anyone recommend links to beta footage that shows in-cockpit close, clean racing? The Beta Tester footage I have found so far seems to be more of an "arcade mentality' with lots of collisions and a lack of good racecraft. Nothing wrong with that, I'm just interested in seeing more what the immersion is like from a "drive it like you own it" perspective. 👍
This is one I chanced upon and seemed pretty sim-orientated, though he does cycle through the views a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6IN-4x_2nCcaVjCwNXbZ-A

If you look at the threads you can see one for what you like and one for what you don't like , makes it easier to read through
Sorry, yours was first by quite a few hours. Like I said, feedback goes both ways and as yours was first, it set a precedent; so I remain with Oddball on this.

I'd like to see blind spot indicators come back. It's a huge reason why online races are so messy.

This x100, and rear view mirrors in all driving views are essential too. With all the other sims having these things, how does PD not ?

Also since we are now required to pay a fair bit of money to race online via PS+ vs GT6, there should be dedicated servers for all GTS online racing.

I don't remember the youtuber's name but, I saw a beta gameplay yesterday, youtuber was driving a yellow Focus ST. In cockpit cam, I noticed that the rpm gauge wasn't moving like it moves in real life. It was like a clock. Saying laggy might be more correct. (English isn't my second language sorry :) )

Can anyone whose in the beta right now confirm whether this is a one time problem or an unseen bug in the beta?

The trees have been greatly downgraded. From gorgeous trees to the classic 2d sprites at the Nurb. The final release better have the 3d trees.
I noticed that too. Not only at Nurb, Brands too.

Man, I am really torn: On the one hand, I want to be blown away coming from GT6 to GTSport, and I'm not. In every way, this game is like an "update" to GT6 rather than the next BIG STEP for the series.

But for some reason, the game really is fun, and that may be because the AI is improved "enough" to allow for Grid starts and the handing is great.

With all that said, here are my main "issues" and they revolve around (the lack of) immersion through graphics and presentation:

-Graphics in general are not too impressive on regular PS4. I'm seeing jaggies on the sides and roofline of cars. I've only owned a PS4 since November, but no other game I've played has jaggies on the system. Also, interior view is a little dark as somene mentioned.
-The atmosphere is still really dry. Can we get some atmosphere to the races? I'm not asking for Grid 2 but maybe something like Grid Autosport; A Calendar would bring life to this game in Offline mode. For example, Do you want to race in the Mercedes Festival on Christmas Day or in the Nissan Festival on July 4th?

-The atmosphere is still really dry. Can we get some atmosphere to the races??
I agree with you. The atmosphere, outside of the Nurb, is "meh" at the best. Where are the flags, people in the pitlane, the chopper, TV cameras,the nice animations along the track, etc?
By the way, the VW VGT sound is even more awful now! This car won't exist for me as long as they keep this weird engine sound.

Based only on videos:

1. Sounds still need work. (Better though they are, thank goodness)
2. Collision physics.

Agree with you, and I think about another point, maybe flat tyres ? It's a simple thing that they never put in there games ! The only thing that they setup on tyres was the ability, not the tyres degradation.
It's a simple point but it change many feels in a race, and in the game in general

Sorry, yours was first by quite a few hours. Like I said, feedback goes both ways and as yours was first, it set a precedent; so I remain with Oddball on this.
Eh, this thread is fine. It gives people an area to discuss what they find to be negatives of the game and should help with direction. That way people can post here rather than getting people winded in the main discussion threads, as that is a likely scenario to happen.

It'll act much similarly to the ill-named "whining and crying" thread.

Eh, this thread is fine. It gives people an area to discuss what they find to be negatives of the game and should help with direction. That way people can post here rather than getting people winded in the main discussion threads, as that is a likely scenario to happen.

It'll act much similarly to the ill-named "whining and crying" thread.
I think you have perhaps missed the point ;) Why start with a negative assumption, why not a general thread for impressions/comments on the beta? This is why @daan commented originally, I suspect.

I do appreciate that some people don't like reading through a lot of posts, but unfortunately, making two threads won't make that easier, not really.

1.) Going off track is too Grippy.... In the elite beta race on williows the fastest current leaderboard driver put 2 wheel off track, and the 2nd place driver was not able to over take. The loss of speed due to 2 wheels of the track is not being punished. Going on the grass should result in the grip levels being lot less. I assume the physics don't update so fast so they wheels still retain grip over bumpy surface.

2.) In Assetto corsa there is a time Delta to 3 decimal places and really really helpful during a race. In the format 1.XXX. trying a different line helps to show how much time is lost and which line is incrementally better. Racing at high level is all about incremental improvements. This feature is a Core feature that ought to be included. Once used the usefulness of it becomes apparent to improving lap times and understanding fine difference in incrementally different racing line

I think you have perhaps missed the point ;) Why start with a negative assumption, why not a general thread for impressions/comments on the beta? This is why @daan commented originally, I suspect.

I do appreciate that some people don't like reading through a lot of posts, but unfortunately, making two threads won't make that easier, not really.
Didn't miss your point, just didn't agree with it. The second part of your post covers why I think it's fine this way. When you get people talking negatively in the general discussion you tend to get more of an outbursts, essentially telling them to go away, no matter how aggressive or passive the person is being. It's almost like a safe haven so to speak lol.

Well, the second part of your post covers why I think it's fine this way. When you get people talking negatively in the general discussion you tend to get more of an outbursts, essentially telling them to go away, no matter how aggressive or passive the person is being. It's almost like a safe haven so to speak lol.
Whilst the two thread approach can create an echo-chamber false impression. Mostly I ignore outburst posts these days, it does make life simpler and calmer.

Back