What don't you like about GTS? From the beta

• Thread starter diesel97
  • 505 comments
First opinion thread posted about the GTS beta and it's "What don't you like about it?" What are you like?

View attachment 635078
Its called feed back,If the only thing PD hears is loving and gushing nothing will ever change

edit: never said anything bad about the game, just making a thread for people to give their suggestions to make it better

Last edited:
But that is what beginner and intermediate are for. The lack of challenge in professional means no reason to buy this for anyone who is competent with race games.
You can always reduce potential of your car, what we have been doing in any other GT game released so far. :P Joking aside, I do agree a slider should exist, allowing for very easy to very hard.

I still don't want to rush with conclusions given it is a beta, and that we haven't seen any races lasting more than two laps.
Passing on the straight! That is ridiculous in a race for one series cars that don't have DRS. Passing is done under braking unless the car you pass has been held up.
What if I have better exit speed? If the section is long enough, it can be used for overtaking or in worst case, for evening with your opponent and then using braking or inside line to finish the overtaking.

But that is what beginner and intermediate are for. The lack of challenge in professional means no reason to buy this for anyone who is competent with race games.

So, let me get this straight: I've played every possible GT to date, I enjoy the physics, and I'm genuinely interested in all the new features on offer as well as the FIA Digital License, yet I have no reason to buy GT:S because of some slow AI? That's fairly trivial to me because I can always go online and find a fast and clean room if I want a challenge.

So, let me get this straight: I've played every possible GT to date, I enjoy the physics, and I'm genuinely interested in all the new features on offer as well as the FIA Digital License, yet I have no reason to buy GT:S because of some slow AI? That's fairly trivial to me because I can always go online and find a fast and clean room if I want a challenge.
I'm more a offline player and my connection is awful. If the AI is really slow, then it's the weakest point for me. What is the point of the career mode or the arcade mode if the AI is not competitive? I don't want another GT with a poor AI.

1. To have the option to remove the blinking "recommended" gear
2. Make the AI smarted and faster comparable to your car - it's looks very strange when racing the AI with identical car and you are much faster on straights than the AI like it's using only 90% gas pedal, and even slower on turns.
AI should act as close to human - it should race fast, but sometimes makes mistakes like early braking/late braking/too much gas out of turn etc.
From what I have seen to date there is nothing I properly don't like and nothing serious that cannot be tweaked.

1/ The HUD needs to have the current lap timer moved to be less obtrusive.
2/ Sound needs to be rebalanced.
3/ Interiors are bit too dark.
4/ AI need to be significantly quicker. They are laughably slow in the beta.

The game really needs solid AI, more than any other game to try and make the arcade and "campaign" playable and decent. It's giving out part-FiA licenses, so it should be progressive and challenging enough to make strong players out of the new players and give the elite players of Gran Turismo something to fall back on and enjoy. In both instances, the player should be improving from the AI, especially if there is a lot of them on the track. I am expecting this to improve.

I meant for players like ME who don't race online.

I meant for players like ME who don't race online.
Well, neither do I, usually (perhaps I should never have mentioned online), but still, you're saying I shouldn't buy it just because of the AI? If that's reason enough for you to avoid the game, then that's OK, but to me, the reasoning is a bit... off.

The thing I hate about the beta is that I haven't been invited. I was literally the first person to comment on the article that announced the beta on PS Blog, and that was after I had already signed up. I don't understand how that wasn't quick enough. I literally signed up within a minute of being announced. Also, if they looked at my account they'd easily see I'm a huge gamer by my trophies, including a platinum for GT6 so I don't get what their criteria is but I'm not happy.

Unless they're only inviting people that have PS4 Pro?

Interior view looks too dim for my taste

Crap. Honestly hate that about GT6. Other than that, it looks incredible for a PS3 game, makes Forza 4 look like trash (I played them one after another and was shocked how much better GT6 looks), but those dark cockpits really put a damper on the experience

Driveclub suffered from this a bit too, and Assetto Corsa did too on earlier builds. Hopefully it's less pronounced in GT Sport

Last edited:
Well, neither do I, usually (perhaps I should never have mentioned online), but still, you're saying I shouldn't buy it just because of the AI? If that's reason enough for you to avoid the game, then that's OK, but to me, the reasoning is a bit... off.
There is nothing at all wrong with my reasoning at all. I paid full game money for GT6. That was nothing more than a time attack game for me. That lasted as long as it took to get Assetto Corso on PC. My PC isn't good enough to support AI with an acceptable frame rate so it was a time attack game to me as well. For significantly less that half the price, with considerably better physics and laser scanned tracks.

GT was effectively dead for me due to that combination. I've kept up with development of GTS, signed up for the Beta - because I want to feel what the physics and force feedback are like - but there is not a hope in hell that I'll ever buy it unless it has a meaningful one player game element. The primary core to that is competitive AI.

So far I'm disappointed at the significant lack of any GT-R LM Nismo.

Où es-tu, GT-R?

IMG_2014.JPG

I have seen your favorite car in a very interesting video showing off other cars

According to this video the car is in the game

video at 1:23
Screenshot_20170319-224456.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The thing I hate about the beta is that I haven't been invited. I was literally the first person to comment on the article that announced the beta on PS Blog, and that was after I had already signed up. I don't understand how that wasn't quick enough. I literally signed up within a minute of being announced. Also, if they looked at my account they'd easily see I'm a huge gamer by my trophies, including a platinum for GT6 so I don't get what their criteria is but I'm not happy.

Perhaps the choice was Random?

Unless they're only inviting people that have PS4 Pro?

Marvin is using PS4 vanilla.

two things about the driver rating and penalty system that don't make me happy.

1. One is able to force oneself to the inside of someone while cornering and gently pushing him out without getting a lower driver rating or penalty. that's one of the things that should be absolutely addressed. and the guy being pushed out should not be punished. it could be a lower driver rating or a time penalty doesnt matter.
2. If one gets a time penalty where one has to slow down a certain amount of time, one can just keep going and the time penalty will diminish while cornering slower corners. so actually there is no penalty whatsoever.

I thought I read somewhere that FIA digital license was not going to be available in the USA . Update: Just looked at the list on gran-turismo.com. Not showing the USA listed, but the list says its not final.

Last edited:
I thought I read somewhere that FIA digital license was not going to be available in the USA .

At the time (nearly a year ago), yes, the US wasn't part of the digital license program. The lineup of countries was missing quite a few big names, but it was expected to grow between that time and the originally-scheduled release date. I'd expect an update on eligibility soon-ish.

Q: So, on a day1 fat ps4, is the game keeping a rock-solid 60hz under full grid/all conditions?
Anybody has played extensively on an old machine?

*Also, yeah, I don't like EU beta still not rolling

Seems like fine reasoning to me. If you're a person that wants to race offline and the game has AI incompetent enough that all you get is hotlapping with car shapes obstacles offline, there's no real point buying the game.

If you have a specific way you want to play a certain genre of games and one specific game doesn't offer that, why would you spend money on it? Why buy iRacing if you're an offline racer?

Other people may find enough value in GTS in the other offline modes, and people who are into online are likely to be happy. But if offline racing is your thing, GTS looks like a pretty poor choice at the moment. Especially with AC and pCARS 2 on the console offering pretty decent offline racing. And FM on the other side which is at least requires that you not suck on the highest difficulties. And the other games like F1 2016 and Dirt Rally offering solid challenges for the hardcore offline player.

GTS still has plenty of time to improve the AI, but for this game I seriously doubt it's a priority. I wouldn't be much surprised if they ported the code over from GT6 with a few tweaks and left it at that. Their focus is solidly online. I think it's probably fair to say that if someone wants an offline racing experience, this isn't the game for them. Nothing wrong with that, although some may find it disconcerting as that was Gran Turismo's primary claim to fame in the past.

Q: So, on a day1 fat ps4, is the game keeping a rock-solid 60hz under full grid/all conditions?

No word on that yet, but from impressions the frame rate seems pretty good.

There is nothing at all wrong with my reasoning at all. I paid full game money for GT6. That was nothing more than a time attack game for me. That lasted as long as it took to get Assetto Corso on PC. My PC isn't good enough to support AI with an acceptable frame rate so it was a time attack game to me as well. For significantly less that half the price, with considerably better physics and laser scanned tracks.

GT was effectively dead for me due to that combination. I've kept up with development of GTS, signed up for the Beta - because I want to feel what the physics and force feedback are like - but there is not a hope in hell that I'll ever buy it unless it has a meaningful one player game element. The primary core to that is competitive AI.
But still, you're telling me that I shouldn't buy it because of the slow AI. What if I'm in it more for the physics? I find it a bit pretentious that you're telling me to not buy the game just because the AI is slow.

Seems we look for different things in our racing games. I tend to look for physics more than AI, while it's vice versa for you. Can we leave it at that?

But still, you're telling me that I shouldn't buy it because of the slow AI. What if I'm in it more for the physics? I find it a bit pretentious that you're telling me to not buy the game just because the AI is slow.
Well it should definitely warrant some consideration. If you mainly focus on offline activities, than that is one of the core elements that would help out to make a better single player experience.

From what I've played of the beta this weekend, I own a base ps4, the game holds 60fps very well even when dealing with 20 cars on the track at once, and the major screen tearing issues of previous games appears to have been resolved.

Back