what tracks from previous gran turismo games did you miss in this one?

  • Thread starter Thread starter goku loves gt
  • 63 comments
  • 3,583 views
To be honest, the one I miss most is probably Midfield Raceway. I absolutley loved that track on GT4, I spent hours on it :(
 
El Capitan
Seattle
New York
Infineon

The only track left from the old American Championship event is Laguna Seca.

And of course the 4 variations of Motegi

I do like the new tracks though.
 
I miss Citta di Aria so much, does it seem to anyone else like the tracks all got wider, i feel like I'm in and ocean of tarmac.

I also would like to have seen Tahiti, Infineon, El Capitan, Amalfi, SSR11, Complex string, Apricot hill and Seattle.
 
Red Rock and Grindlewald are the ones I want the most. I have no idea why they disappeared after GT2.

Yea, I'm still waiting for a next-gen version of Red Rock Speedway. :( I would love to see High speed Ring the way it was in GT1 and GT2 as well (all the turns were banked, not just the larger ones. The smaller turns 3 and 4 were banked as well).

I don't miss Grindy, really. Eiger is sort of a substitution for Grindelwald (same region) although if I had to compare them both, obviously Grindelwald is a more involving track.
 
From GT2... i can't remember the name but it was one like you are near a beach or the sea, something like that, i remember all the turns, and the 3rd and 4fh were near a (i dont know the name but its like a large rock on the right side and in the left side were a big montain drop, like if you're falling and its water down there)... the word in portuguese is "falésia" , in english maybe fall or something!

TERRIBLE ENGLISH xD
 
From GT2... i can't remember the name but it was one like you are near a beach or the sea, something like that, i remember all the turns, and the 3rd and 4fh were near a (i dont know the name but its like a large rock on the right side and in the left side were a big montain drop, like if you're falling and its water down there)... the word in portuguese is "falésia" , in english maybe fall or something!

TERRIBLE ENGLISH xD
Tahiti Road?
 
pretty much all of them especially test track now theres no tracks to floor it on and cares dont even reach top speed much this time around since they made them weaker if you read the review before release date
 
El Capitan
Infineon
Paris
 
I miss the Seattle Circuit the most. The track layout wasn't the best but it was a lot of fun. Plus it was awesome to drive the track in-game and then go out and drive the same streets in real life!

I also miss Midfield quite a bit. My fondest memories of GT3 are from blasting around Midfield in an F686.

I REALLY hope there's some track/car DLC for GT5 adding these 2 tracks (and others) would be EPIC.
 
Infineon Speedway

Personally, with the addition of NASCAR to the game, I was shocked NOT to see Infineon in the track list, considering it be another place that they actually race on, and one of the only 2 road courses they race on throughout the year (The other being Watkins Glen.) I have to agree as well Seattle needs to be in as a DLC.
 
Is Seattle the one with the hills then? There's me thinking it was San Francisco... maybe I'm thinking of a similar track in GRID...
 
red rock was always my absolute fave.

i kinda liked seoul as well. for some reason to me the madrid track seems like a combination of seoul and new york.. probably just the roundabout at the one end.
 
I miss Citta di Aria so much, does it seem to anyone else like the tracks all got wider, i feel like I'm in and ocean of tarmac.

I also would like to have seen Tahiti, Infineon, El Capitan, Amalfi, SSR11, Complex string, Apricot hill and Seattle.


I fully agree... Citta di Aria and Seattle need to get back...
 
I miss seattle...midfield....tahiti circuit....apricot hill.....old rome circuit..... and i loved el capitan and also complex string.
 
Infineon raceway, midfield raceway, el capitan... And i would kill for SPA-francorchamps coming as a download later on..
 
I really do miss midfield and seattle. However, I would also love to see the Las Vegas drag strip come back.
 
FireEmblem62 tks :D

yes the tahiti was the one, lot of hours in that track, it was really good to see it again!
 
Infineon Raceway and El Capitan - Really liked those tracks.

Also wouldn't mind the Swiss Alps returning.

Would definitely pay extra for these if they were to become available for download.
 
pretty much all of them especially test track now theres no tracks to floor it on and cares dont even reach top speed much this time around since they made them weaker if you read the review before release date

Obviously you haven't yet raced on the 20km+ long Special Stage Route 7 then? Seems to have longer straights than Le Mans. :scared:

Me, i miss heaps...;
- Apricot Hill
- Complex String (GT3)
- Green Forest Roadway (GT2)
- Tahiti Maze
- Tahiti Dirt Road (GT2)
- Tahiti Road (GT2)
- Motorsports land (GT2)
- Red Rock Valley Speedway (GT2)
- Grindelwald (GT2)
- Midfield Raceway
- Pikes Peak Hillclimb (GT2)
- Rome Circuit (original layout, don't mind GT5's one though, but still)
- Seattle Circuit (including short track)
- Rome-Night
- Smokey Mountain North
- Smokey Mountain South
- Test Course (GT2's small version)
- Special Stage Route 5 Wet (GT3)
- Special Stage Route 11 (GT3's version)
- Swiss Alps
- All four Fuji Speedway versions (GT4)
- All Twin Ring Motegi Versions (GT4)
- Both Infineon Raceway courses (GT4)
- Tsukuba Circuit Wet (GT4)
- Cathedral Rocks dirt courses (GT4)
- Chamonix (GT4's version, not the biggest fan of the new all snow surfaced one)
- Grand Canyon (GT4)
- El Capitan (GT4)
- Citta di Aria (GT4)
- Costa di Amalfi (GT4)
- George V Paris (GT4)
- Hong Kong (GT4)
- New York
- Opera Paris (GT4 - PLEASE bring this back PD, IMO its one of the best street tracks in GT!)
- Seoul Central (GT4)
- Las Vegas Drag Strip (GT4)
- Test Course (GT4's version)
- Gymkhana (GT4)
- Motorland (GT4)
- Beginner Course (GT4)

Yeah, thats pretty much every track not in GT5, but i really do miss them all. :(
 
El Capitan
Midfield
Seattle
Red Rock
Motegi
 
By the way, where is the dragstrip you can see at 1:46 in the GT E3 2009 trailer? Did they cut it out?

 
apricot hill
Motegi

but i have the nurburgring now so i can happly pound round that all day long:)
 
Back