Whats that hidden car (Are Open-wheelers coming to GT Sport)?

Australia
QLD,
StigBelcherStyle
I was looking through some pictures and discovered a mystery Open Wheeled car in a GT Sport picture.
it is quite well hidden behind the Peugeot 208. Can anyone help me identify what car it is?

Mystery Car.jpg

Mystery Car Cropped 2.jpg

Last edited:
...I'll laugh my head off if it turns out to be nothing more than some old tires stacked together as a trackside decoration.
That appears to be up on the racing surface.

Only thing that I can think off that fits the bill is the Aerial atom, and the large horizontal thing is the rear wing

It's a weird one, PD don't do social engagement so it wouldn't really be like them to throw in open wheelers like this and see if people notice, not really their style. The wing mirror of the Pug throws you off a bit but it definitely looks like a wheel with a fairing, a small, round headlight and a yellow suspension arm.

At a long shot it could be one of the unreleased VGT, like the Daihatsu.

RJbmUQf.png

Only thing that I can think off that fits the bill is the Aerial atom, and the large horizontal thing is the rear wing

The large horizontal thing is the wing mirror of the Pug. It got me to start with, you have to look closely to notice which bits are still the Pug, and which are the thing behind it.

It's a weird one, PD don't do social engagement so it wouldn't really be like them to throw in open wheelers like this and see if people notice, not really their style. The wing mirror of the Pug throws you off a bit but it definitely looks like a wheel with a fairing, a small, round headlight and a yellow suspension arm.

At a long shot it could be one of the unreleased VGT, like the Daihatsu.

The large horizontal thing is the wing mirror of the Pug. It got me to start with, you have to look closely to notice which bits are still the Pug, and which are the thing behind it.

Oh yeah you're correct, well this is impossible now. Could still be an atom or a new VGT but no way to tell for sure.

...Actually, now that I've paid a bit more attention, it might be (could be) an unreleased VGT. Initially, I thought there's a decent chance that it might be a Caterham, but I can sort of see the other front wheel right below the Pug's lower grille, and for me the track width is too wide for it to be a Seven.

Ideally, I'd like it to be an Ariel, but then the dark bit just above where the seats should be throws me off.

So, a good chance that it's an unfinished, as-yet-to-be-announced VGT from someone.

For a comparison, here's a pic of a Seven.

5.jpg

Back