Whats that hidden car (Are Open-wheelers coming to GT Sport)?

Ariel Nomad

Similar spring angle, location, and color. Could be version with road tires. Still probably in the wrong class of cars though.

Mud-Honey-Down-and-Dirty-with-the-Ariel-Nomad-105-876x535.jpg

Last edited:
Thought it'd be the BAC Mono, but that has a bumper cover as well.

Have to find a car with angled springs.

Not sure about that. I don't think we have seen any pre 2010 Car on the roster, have we?

that's what bugs me as well, the closest we have from what I've seen is the BMW Z4 GT3 which is a 2011 car. Nearly all of the cars featured so far are from 2015-2016.

I don't remember this at all! :boggled: Searched the screenshot and it seems the car was really easy to get. Maybe I got it but I have alzheimers and forget it! :ill:
http://gran-turismo.wikia.com/wiki/Toyota_Motor_Triathlon_Race_Car_'04

it's a fun car to drive back then. Not a stupidly fast car, but still fun. From what I remember it only has one forward gear. Or maybe that was the Nike?

Darn @Sharpie, nice find. It could be the Honda.

As for everyone conspiring that an opne wheel car doesn't make sense in the N class,
maybe this is a overtake mission, where you have to pass as many cars as possible?

Darn @Sharpie, nice find. It could be the Honda.

As for everyone conspiring that an opne wheel car doesn't make sense in the N class,
maybe this is a overtake mission, where you have to pass as many cars as possible?

If it is the Honda 2&4, it's a wee bit overpowered against the 86 and the other cars because, while its engine power sort of matches the other cars, it's much lighter. 893 lbs, so that's less than 450 kg.

I think @JKgo might be on to something with the stack of tyres theory.
I'm only looking at the picture on a smartphone but the object looks further back down the track to me and the depth perception doesn't look quite right to be a car at that size.
Does any one know which track it is taken from?
If it is a real world track might be worth studying the track to see if there are any objects there (ie. pit entry/exit lane barriers).

No open wheelers in the first two GTs.
Formula cars in GT3.
We only got TWO open wheel road cars(minus fantasy ones) in GT4.
GT5(1 F1 car split 6 ways) & GT6 were rehashed cars anyway.

It's difficult to get read on what we are seeing in that zoomed-in image.
But I wouldn't mind having a stab that it's the Chaparral 2X in a new colour scheme.

It's certainly wide and low enough.
And the way the "suspension yellow line" begins from 2/3rds down the wheel reminds me of the front body work of the Chappy.

i1qUtPpFBCR3fb.jpg

I'm probably gonna get some heat for this but here it goes.

At first glance it looked like that Nikki Lauda car to me because of the high peak, looking like a cowl in the back like the Ferrari T 312. Then I didn't put too much into since it appears to not be red, but of a darker color like black.

I still highly doubt it's the 312, but upon re-looking at it again today, I couldn't help but to search the car in black.

images (3).jpg
images.jpg
images (2).jpg

At first glance it looked like that Nikki Lauda car to me because of the high peak, looking like a cowl in the back like the Ferrari T 312. Then I didn't put too much into since it appears to not be red, but of a darker color like black.

I still highly doubt it's the 312, but upon re-looking at it again today, I couldn't help but to search the car in black.

View attachment 616979 View attachment 616980 View attachment 616981
Highly doubt it's a Shadow DN5, but if it is, then that would be epic. I'd be glad to know history hasn't forgotten them.

Highly doubt it's a Shadow DN5, but if it is, then that would be epic. I'd be glad to know history hasn't forgotten them.
Well look at that, I appreciate the info CZR!

After searching Shadow DN5, I did some reading up on it.
I had no idea that car was used by other constructors in F-1.
You learn something new everyday :).

I agree with you that it's highly unlikely, (front springs are at a different angle)but boy that'd be something if we got the older Open Wheelers in the game.

Definitely looks like a Caterham, nothing else has that kind of suspension angle and stone shields. If you look at the shape of the headlights, side mirror and rear haunches, you can vaguely make them out in the image... Nothing else fits, to my mind.

If it's painted black and from that distance tell me you can with 100% certainty tell me there's not one there??

Suspension arm is clearly visible, you can't see a Crossbow's tire through the front bumper can you?

I'm betting on the car either being that weird Honda concept because of their relationship with PD or another VGT we have yet to see. Either way, they're hiding it like the viper.

View attachment 616979 View attachment 616980 View attachment 616981

You've fallen into the trap of thinking the large block is part of the mystery car, when in fact it's the wing mirror of the Peugeot.

Back