Worst car in gt1

• Thread starter gordon gt
  • 185 comments
If I had a choice of buying either the Mazda Lantis, Mazda Demio GL-X, or the Nissan Silvia S13 K's 2000cc, I'd buy the S13!
Did you mean K's?

K's GOOD (turbo). Q's BAD.

Perhaps you meant to say S13 Q's?

Otherwise you've said, "if I had a choice between a piece of junk, another piece of junk, or a version of one of the best cars in the game, I'd choose that version of one of the best cars in the game".

I was terrible with the Honda Del Sol LM Race Car. When maxed out, the Toyota Soarer can be very slow to get off the line. I can't think of too many favorites and least favorites since I haven't played GT1 in a while.

I think gtmaster08 meant K's all along SportWagon. Q's are just as bad as those 2 pieces of junk.

The Lantis comes close to the worst, but I personally don't think it's that bad of a car. Sure it understeers a lot and the AI have troubles driving it, but you can make it oversteer and even powerslide (although only for a fraction of a second) with full oversteer settings.

I thought the del Sol LM is one of the easier cars to drive John?

The Soarer is slow because of turbo lag? Or is the gearing too tall?

Due entirely to the huge disappointment upon driving it, I would have to say the Aston Martin DB9.
I know there are plenty of tinny underpowered buzz boxes to pour scorn and derision upon but you expect them to be rubbish.

Not so the Aston.
I was really excited about this Car when I saw it in the game but what a let down :indiff:
Even when race modified, blah.

The Silvia is a middle range car, too slow to hang with the Skylines, Supras, NSXs but too fast for Preludes, Integras and FTOs. I'm no big fan of it either, it doesn't have "character" that draws you to it, if you know what I mean. It's a good drift car though.

A fully-tuned 1988 Silvia K's can certainly hang with Skylines on most courses, though, as you might expect, because it doesn't have an extreme amount of power, it does have trouble at the Test Track.

Edited after gtmaster08 asked his question, to clearly indicate the reason for trouble at Test Track.

When everybody talks about how boring a car is...I become more interested to try it out :D. Just kidding.

I agree the Lantis RM is totally 👎, too ricey for that type of a car. And it doesn't match the performance, when you look at it you will think it's quite fast, but in reality, it's nowhere near fast.

A fully tuned '88 Silvia K's can hang with stock Skys, but what I mean is a stock Silvia. Surely a stock Silvia can't match stock Skys? And a fully tuned Silvia also won't match tuned Skys.

And gtmaster the answer to your question is located above your post i.e. in SportWagon's post. Read carefully.

The tuned Silvia can hang with the tuned Skyline in the Hard-Tuned series, such as the AI tune and drive it. In general, it won't match human drivers of tuned Skylines, no.

A stock Silvia K's is a good starter car; can annihilate the Sunday Cup, needs tuning for the FR series, though.

I always assume it's a duel between human players. So glad you agreed with me there. I don't take into account AI driving because most of the time they're not driving the cars to their full potential, hence the results would be unfair.

Did you mean K's?

K's GOOD (turbo). Q's BAD.

Perhaps you meant to say S13 Q's?

Otherwise you've said, "if I had a choice between a piece of junk, another piece of junk, or a version of one of the best cars in the game, I'd choose that version of one of the best cars in the game".

Yeah, I meant to say the S13 Q's. After all, they can't even take a NA tune to level 3!!

These slow cars are quite fun actually, it brings you 'back down to earth' after driving LMs and supercars. Makes you appreciate how fast they are.

The worst car 'award' methinks should not go to the slowest, but to the least useful/worst programmed car. In GT2 it will be Clio 16v, in GT1 I haven't found any.

These slow cars are quite fun actually, it brings you 'back down to earth' after driving LMs and supercars. Makes you appreciate how fast they are.

The worst car 'award' methinks should not go to the slowest, but to the least useful/worst programmed car. In GT2 it will be Clio 16v, in GT1 I haven't found any.

Heh I remember the Clio in GT2 having LESS horsepower after tuning. That sucks.. I was very disappointed with some GT2 cars, with dark paint some looked like blurry shiny boxes, like the black Aston Martin Vantage. :crazy:

I'm not sure about the worst car in GT1.
I had some problems with tuned turbo cars, expecially the Legacy wagon,
I just barely could rev it up enough in the start to get going. :nervous:
And when hitting something engine "stalled". Had to hit handbrake and try to start it up again...

I remember when I was playing my first GT mode game, I had a lot of money and wanted an expensive car. A black NSX Type S sounds nice.
I tuned it to the max and set it up the way I did for almost every car without even testing it first lol. Stupid rich kid, me. :sly:
It was totally uncontrollable.
I couldn't even make the turns on test track without spinning or crashing.
I had set it to have way too much oversteering, since I was used to front engine cars...
After a couple unsuccesful test runs I left it there in the garage, and took a look at it once in a while, trembling in fear. :bowdown:

It's not a bad car, actually it become one of my favourites after I learned to set it up right. Not the same car tho, I had to sell it, i had messed it up too much..

The Clio had less hp after tuning because when you bought it it loses a LOT of hp (from 170 something to 100 something I think) and it only can accept a few power tunings to raise it's power to ~120. Hence you think it loses power, but it's actually not. The dealer is the one to blame, they lie to you.

In GT1, with high turbo stage cars you get extreme turbo lag. Which is what you described with your Legacy. It doesn't make the car worst, it will still be fast when going smoothly. It's just when starting from a standing still it gets annoying.

Yeah the NSX is pretty wild in simulation mode. In arcade it's a bit more controllable. In sim mode, especially if you tune it all the way, it took all your concentration to drive it properly. It's the GT1 equivalent of the TVR Speed 12 in GT2. But hell it's fast when you master it.

I agree...the NSX is really tricky in gT1. :scared: I doubt real-life NSX's handle themselves this way...sliding and getting spooked all over the place. There would be more NSX-lawsuits if this were true. :guilty:

LeGnNd-1 is right on about hte Clio in GT2: it's basically the dealer saying "look, we've got this Clio 16v here and it's got 170 horses!" But when you get it back to the garage, it's only got 108! :lol: And then you can't tune it past 120 or something. :banghead:

I know, I forgot to add I'm not saying those were bad cars. :)
I liked the Chaser LM too, don't remember it's handling tho, but I liked racing with it.

Never drove a chaser in gT1, but i remember doing a few races in gT2 in one. But i didn't spend much time with it and have no memory of my Chaser LM experience. There's so many cars in gT2, i think i probly just drove it a couple days till i got tempted by whatever the next model on my list was. 💡

The velnerable Chaser LM is not in [size=+1]GT2[/size].

There are a few Chaser models, and it looks like they can be race-modified.

But the velnerable Chaser LM of [size=+1]GT1[/size] is not there. It was a strange car. It was race-modified, but pure black, except for silver (aluminum-looking) around the fenders. It looked sort of like a home-made race-mod. The car felt sluggish, and had suspension problems in its default tuning. Learning to win with it gave one a feeling of accomplishment in the game.

(Right now I'm still shocked that I can't jump back in to [size=+1]GT1[/size] and get anywhere close to reasonable performance. I'm just doing something wrong. Its to do with confusion from other physics models; I'm not sure if it's mostly [size=+1]GT4[/size], or Alfa Romeo : Racing Italiano, but I cannot develop appropriate reactions to drive [size=+1]GT1[/size] with suitable abandon and make corrections. So I end up going very slowly. :(

P.S. There is no such word as "velnerable". I made it up.

P.S. There is no such word as "velnerable". I made it up.

"Venerable" is the word.

The Chasers have always had a propensity to be rather heavy, thus the handling. They have the power to match, though, but this does not make them GT All-Stars contenders in GT2 or easy means for wins in GT1. Still, a rewarding car it is to succeed in.

Yea, he's right. GT2's got the Chaser Tourer V, Tourer S, and the Chaser TRD Sports X30 models. That last one (the sports x30) is a prize.

The Chaser LM in GT1 is a good car, but it's handicapped by its heavy weight and handling. It constantly wants to spin out so rookies best stay away from it. The power is quite good though. It's fast, but demands respect. With enough skills you can win many of the hardest races in it. And it's definitely not the worst car in GT1.

The one in GT2 (fully-tuned RMed Sports X30), however, is somewhat tamer. Still fast with loads of power, but easier to control and not so oversteery. But also still heavy, so it's only good for the not-so-fast races. If you're going up against LMs and the like you're not gonna win. Still a good car though, and far from being the worst.

I love both, and raced both quite a bit if I want a challenge. It's a good test of your driving skills.

Back