WRC officially in Gran Turismo 5!

• Thread starter Timppaq
  • 610 comments
I was real mad when SPEED dropped WRC couple years ago. I have no idea whats been going on.

Same here EERS but you can catch it some times on speed hd.

let me wondering...

if pd show us a probably nascar career mode or a wrc career mode for me its absolutly shure we will have a jgtc carrer mode to with the respective championship's tracks...

WOW!! Really good news ;) I have bin waiting for a good rally game for ps3. Looks like gt5 might be better then I hoped..

I dont think the format will change, KY has always done it in one single career, and doubt hes going to change... We might have Nascar Halls and WRC halls..

I was real mad when SPEED dropped WRC couple years ago. I have no idea whats been going on.

You and me both. I feel like a sailboat in the middle of the Atlantic without a sail or rudder. Drifting aimlessly without my beloved WRC coverage.

;)

ahh thats pretty good news! the pics look awesome:tup:
can't beat rally stages, nothing like not being able to blink for 5 minutes concentrating!

Rallying in GT5 is gonna be the dogs nuts ;) Lets just say that I'm more than happy with yesterdays teaser footage :cheers:

That's not a very realistic Solberg!

He doesn't have his mouth hanging open!! ;)

Seriously though, this is great news, so long as the rally physics have been vastly overhauled from GT4. Whoever said there wasn't enough grip is absolutely right, and the weight shifting on gravel and snow needs to be better.

Doubt they'll have a full WRC championship, just too many miles of stages to produce in GT5 quality. Instead I hope they have a selection of classic stages, such as the Col De Turini etc. If they've got Monaco, they could always include the Super Special layout too! :sly:

Also extremely excited about Nascar. I'll drive anything with four wheels and an engine! :dopey:

Seriously though, this is great news, so long as the rally physics have been vastly overhauled from GT4. Whoever said there wasn't enough grip is absolutely right, and the weight shifting on gravel and snow needs to be better.

Doubt they'll have a full WRC championship, just too many miles of stages to produce in GT5 quality. Instead I hope they have a selection of classic stages, such as the Col De Turini etc. If they've got Monaco, they could always include the Super Special layout too! :sly:

Also extremely excited about Nascar. I'll drive anything with four wheels and an engine! :dopey:

+1 Yes the grip and weight transfer was very bad in GT4 but right on in GT3. No on the classic stages there should be new stages. NASCAR is a plus for me. If you ever get a ride along then you'll know what I'm speaking of. Another thing the V8SUPERCARS are very close in power and weight so try and get a ride along in that to get an ideal.

I wonder, with this and the Nascar license, if PD has created these elements within GT5 in a fully formed sense, in a somewhat limited sense, as separate games entirely, or some combination of these.

I can't see an entire WRC series/career mode within GT5, but I can see how they could implement some of the cars and tracks/roads to add to the overall base that makes GT5-same for Nascar. I can see them taking the development of these parts of GT5 to the next level, and creating an entire game where you race the actual events with real-life drivers, something that has never existed at all in the GT series.

These would be games that could be purchased stand-alone by consumers who did not already have GT5, or if you already have GT5, they could be DL, hopefully for less money! I can't see them having the licenses and only using them within the Gran Tourismo series, it just doesn't make sense.

If that's how they do it, I'd buy them all. GT games are a bit sterile- beautiful, involving, realistic, but missing some of the elements that make a Nascar or WRC game enjoyable. The in-car and damage shots in the rally part of the trailer have me in great anticipation for what is coming from PD.:)
Don;t forget GT4 had the Super GT license (used to be the JGTC) and they fitted that into the GT mode like it was any other series. I think we'll get a combination of official and unofficial and I think all the licensed series will be cut down from the real series calenders. I think point to point rally stages will feature and showing the staggered start from the launch podium in a way confirms that, and there are liekly to be at least 3 official NASCAR tracks (Daytona, Indianapolis and Infineon) so I think we're going to see in game series that represent the real one but are cut down.

I'm so overjoyed by the WRC and NASCAR licenses!

I think having real life series in the game makes it more of a simulator than it has ever been before. I feel that they're now competing with real sims like iRacing instead of the more arcadish sims such as Forza. It's just great for the game's reputation in every possible way! 👍

I'm happy GT has WRC. GT5 is going to be even better than i thought.
Also, out of curiosity...is that Focus rally car the facelifted one or the pre-facelift one? It looks like the facelifted one to me.

I said before. The cars are from the 08 Season. Hence the hatchback Scooby and pref-facelift Focus.

Even I said that in Enthusia (for example), the cars don't feel as heavy. As I said that Enthusia didn't have as much control as I would like, someone mentioned that GT gives you too much control. The best rally racing game I've played was "Colin McRae Rally 2." PD has to change up the driving model to something more favorable for off-road racing. I STILL have not played GT5:P or even have a PS3 to say I've experienced the nuances of this deal.

Even I said that in Enthusia (for example), the cars don't feel as heavy. As I said that Enthusia didn't have as much control as I would like, someone mentioned that GT gives you too much control. The best rally racing game I've played was "Colin McRae Rally 2." PD has to change up the driving model to something more favorable for off-road racing. I STILL have not played GT5:P or even have a PS3 to say I've experienced the nuances of this deal.
I have GT5P, and I believe the rallying in GT5 is gonna be a huge improvement from GT4! A lot thanks to the (what I think) much improved simulation of the suspension. The grip is a lot improved in GT5P compared to GT4 as well. In other words, the overall physics feels 10 times more realistic in GT5P compared to GT4 IMO.

I use the controller though so I don't know for sure... :ouch:

The best rally racing game I've played was "Colin McRae Rally 2." PD has to change up the driving model to something more favorable for off-road racing. I STILL have not played GT5:P or even have a PS3 to say I've experienced the nuances of this deal.

They better not make the driving model anything like the Colin Mcrae series. Talk about 2 steps forward 20 steps back. You may have had fun with the game (not even the best in the CM series, in my opinion). However, the physics in said Codemasters games has always been below par. The central pivot system the games are known for do not a realistic rally game make.

Richard Burns Rally set the benchmark for rally realism in a simulation game. This is the model they should be attempting to emulate, if they are intending to emulate any other game at all.

;)

I still get amazed by the passenger lap in the rally school on RBR and how bad I am in comparison.

I have GT5P, and I believe the rallying in GT5 is gonna be a huge improvement from GT4! A lot thanks to the (what I think) much improved simulation of the suspension. The grip is a lot improved in GT5P compared to GT4 as well. In other words, the overall physics feels 10 times more realistic in GT5P compared to GT4 IMO.

I use the controller though so I don't know for sure... :ouch:

no doubt i just got done playing GT4 and now im playing GT5P its like 2 differnt games i drive the RX-7 in both games and when comming around coners in GT4 its real hard to get oversteer while in GT5P your thottle control has to be top notch to bring out the the full potential of the car Man i wish you had PS3 and GT5P john

^ To add to this, the rotary RX-7 in GT4 seems to have almost as much torque as a piston driven engine, and in Prologue, it's much more realistic. Which is a shame, I love the RX in GT4. :lol:

And mid-engined cars are more of a handful too. I'm really looking forward to rallying in GT5, because just about everything in Prologue is on par with many racing sims, but the immersion and beauty are just incomparable.

One thing about the rally tracks. Since the Nurburgring Nord is almost 13 miles, what do you think the average length of a point to point stage in GT5 might be?

Gah, I'm drooling again. :lol:

Before Sony starts teasing us to death, I decided to take advantage of both licenses we now see and created my own commercials. Enjoy the WRC version here:

[YOUTUBEHQ]Fr2msLZy2nI[/YOUTUBEHQ]

Last edited:
Before Sony starts teasing us to death, I decided to take advantage of both licenses we now see and created my own commercials. Enjoy the WRC version here:

Hey RACECAR, may we please have the link to your Youtube page???

Here's a Custom box cover that I made earlier today:

attachment.php

Attachments

• WRC copy.jpg
    WRC copy.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 379
Last edited:
Actually, I just had a thought. Regardless of whether GT5 rallying lives up to the standards of Richard Burns Rally, the mere fact that WRC will get promoted more in the United States by every copy of GT5 sold has got to be a good thing! Maybe next year I will be able to see WRC stages on TV again instead of computer, lol...

Actually, I just had a thought. Regardless of whether GT5 rallying lives up to the standards of Richard Burns Rally, the mere fact that WRC will get promoted more in the United States by every copy of GT5 sold has got to be a good thing! Maybe next year I will be able to see WRC stages on TV again instead of computer, lol...

Good point. GT is world reknown franchise and is a big time name over here so that definately could help it alot.

I am a huge rally fan. Cannot wait to try some proper stages in GT5. Grand Canyon was quite close in 4.

I hope they use tarmac stages too. And include classic rally cars from WRCs birth to now.

Well, courses like Citta di Aria and Costa di Amalfi (which very few people talk about) are like tarmac rallies to me. I'm sure PD could find some tarmac stages that would be fun to race. If you really think about it, there may even be some targa rallies. Think of events (not in any way releated to the WRC) like Targa Newfoundland and Targa New Zealand. It's just a start.

The rally element has been seen as weak to a lot of fans. Do you think this inclusion is a saving grace for PD in the rally department? I've mentioned that the course featured in the trailer somewhat reminds me of the Safari Rally. Do you think any past rallies can come about? And if so, which one(s)?

Back