WRC officially in Gran Turismo 5!

• Thread starter Timppaq
  • 610 comments
I'd say no. I just tried the GT rally for the first time and it was kind of disappointing. It's like they were 90% of the way to giving us a really awesome rally experience, but couldn't be bothered to make the tracks narrower, give us more options as far as events, etc.

If you've just started and are on beginner the tracks are wide ,they get better on the harder levels.

I'm stuck on 2 rallying events. The Ford Focus at Toscana on Grand Tour and Toscana again on the Loeb challege. I just can't beat any of the time even the bronzes.

Whats a good car to lap on the GT rally?

Requirements: 245hp and dirt tyres.

That shouldn't be a question, when there's a premium model of the legendary Lancia Delta in the showroom. Soup it up a bit if needed. It's gonna pull through for the Intermediate challenges as well.

So now that the game has been out for a while, anyone want to try to get a rally league going? I was thinking we could incorporate the Course Generator in the following way:

The 'Commissioner' of the league creates X number of tracks and shares them online. Competitors then send the replay file to the commissioner to review. There are a few problems though. There is no real way to ensure that someone hasn't spent hours and hours practicing on the same course and sent in the resulting best lap. I think we would either have to say oh well and let everyone do as many practice runs as possible, OR just go on the honor system. I would hope we could trust everyone, but you never know.

We could keep the groups small so that no one person would have to review too much. Personally I would like to start modestly with some low budget junkers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=iv&v=Shh4nxCxTEs&annotation_id=annotation_234033

but if people wanted to have some higher powered more advanced rallies too, that would be cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3Mag3kA2J8

On the other hand we could also have some rallycross events. What do you guys think?

Wow I can't believe PD can get so many official series in one game.

Who needs DiRT 2 now?

Also, it appears there will be point to point rally stages. I think that is huge and awesome.

GT5 is going to be a beast! Can't wait.

Dirt 2 is more fun than clinical. A bit like Forza 3, Dropping a 1000hp Skyline engine into a Dato 510. Not clinical, but fun. Gran Turismo 5 thankfully for me is both. Still love Dirt 2 though.

Latest Posts

Back