Your Very First Playstation game?

I think it was a Crash Bandicoot game. Don't remember which one though.

When my parents bought me a PS2, they also bought Need for Speed: Most Wanted, Midnight Club 3 DUB Edition and GTA San Andreas! :D

When my parents gave me a PS3, my dad bought me Need for Speed: Undercover. :(

I can't remember the first PSX game I had, BUT, I can remember why I wanted a playstation,

They had been out for around 6 months and Mum decided to rent one from the local video store for me to try for the weekend to see if I liked it, I only got to play Formula 1 original edition and Nascar 98, I think by the time the PS2 came out I would have had all the racing games available for the PSX,

once a month my friends and I have a vintage video game night, have a few brew's and get on the old PSX, nothing like some old fashioned Formula 1, Metal Gear Solid, Colin McRae Rally, or GT1 or GT2, to remind ourselves why we enjoy what we have to play today,

Road & Track presents : The Need for Speed, Destruction Derby 1 and 2, Tekken 1 and Tekken 2 and Wipeout, bought them all within a month of owning my 1st PSX :D

The first PS game that I played: Ridge Racer 1
The first PS game that I owned: Gran Turismo 2 (if my memory serves me correctly)

Mine was either Gran Turismo or Need For Speed: High Stakes. I was never good enough in Gran turismo to get the licenses because i was only like 7 so i just did the sunday cup over and over until i got the Viper.

I wish i had gotten Gran turismo 2 back then though since the iso on my psp freezes up.

Need For Speed
Alien Trilogy

Ridge Racer
Tomb Raider
Resident Evil
Tekken 2

Gran Turismo 2

EDIT: I still love playing Syphon Filter -- the BOOOOOMing home theater experience is *awesome* (grenades)

Last edited:
3xwX7.jpg

Well, that was the first disc I had for my PSX. Back in 1996.

The first real game...well.

tomb-raider-ps1-box.jpg

Me too, I was able to pick 2 free games with my PS1 and chose Tomb Raider and the original Formula 1, also picked up Alien Trilogy and Tunnel B1 used.

Tomb Raider pretty much blew my mind, i'd not been a gamer at the time pretty much since the days of my old ZX Spectrum and C64, and didn't have a PC, so those 3D graphics...wow.

ps3 with uncharted 2 bundle. uncharted 3 but especially 2 are still really great.

ps1 and 2 are 2 long ago. owned a ps2 but only played psx at friends or borrowed it.

i do remember buying a nes with mario 1 and duckhunt when it just came out. also buying a release day snes with street fighter 2 world warrior for 500 gulders back in 92. scandalous pricings. owned a neo geo aes but sold it, bought a neo cd and sold then got a neo geo cdz which i still own. besides racers, i really like fighters (neo geo, duh).

Gran Turismo (1, 2), Spyro(1, 2), Crash Bandicoot (1, 2, 3 and CTR), all at the same day my parents bought my psx, and those were the only ones I had because I never got bored of them

Back