zzz's | Digital painting practice | 31/8

• Thread starter zzz_pt
  • 240 comments
Very sexy set, all pics are great, the yellow paint works well with the blue overall toning of your shots. My fave will be the preview shot and #11. ;)👍

The RUF set was very nice, even if the lighting did make it seem like it was a TVR instead (the darkness created a sense of impending doom :lol:). It looks great though.

And I like the complete contrast from that set to the Mercedes Vision GT preview. The VGT shot looks very bright and very speedy. Only complaint is that the camera is slightly to the right rather than directly behind the car. :P But that's just nitpicking, it really looks great!

I like the VGT shot too. The sense of speed and the nice colors and contrast are fitting perfectly with the silver/chrome car.

Really nice Ruf set, the kinda bluish toning gives a tv documentary pause and screen capturing feeling :)

Matterhorn is a great track, and here is an efficient composition, if you draw a vertical line the Mercedes logo will join the top of the mountain, sense of speed and car color are nicely managed. Of course X2 shots are worth taking.

Bravo Ricardo :cheers:

I agree with Nicolas about your preview shot for the RUF set. Very (and more than that) impressive, great composition and the rendering of the rim is wow...
But the rest of the set is excellent, love the contrast between the low stauration of the scenery and the almost flashy color of the car. Great composition, realistic rendering, original angle... What else ? Great job my friend !

Edit : I agree with Hervé about the VGT AMG shot : great composition, and wise use of the portrait format 👍

Impressive work on that RUF set. I like desaturated colors of the background and bright color of the car, that combination gives really nice results 👍 Thanks to that, your photos are having very cool feeling; a bit movie like 👍 And a car looks premium. Good job!

The RUF set was very nice, even if the lighting did make it seem like it was a TVR instead (the darkness created a sense of impending doom :lol:). It looks great though.

And I like the complete contrast from that set to the Mercedes Vision GT preview. The VGT shot looks very bright and very speedy. Only complaint is that the camera is slightly to the right rather than directly behind the car. :P But that's just nitpicking, it really looks great!

Welcome to my gallery Alex. :) This RUF is the one I like less...But when I painted it in this color everything changed. :D
Well, the VGT shot is not a preview but...since I took a lot of shots maybe I'll upload a few more. :)
And yes, the camera should be a bit more to the left. But I took this shot in a 11" monitor ^^. In fact I've been shooting and playing in this old TV since my PS3's HDMI output broke. :S

I like the VGT shot too. The sense of speed and the nice colors and contrast are fitting perfectly with the silver/chrome car.

Thank you Nicolas! :)

Really nice Ruf set, the kinda bluish toning gives a tv documentary pause and screen capturing feeling :)

Matterhorn is a great track, and here is an efficient composition, if you draw a vertical line the Mercedes logo will join the top of the mountain, sense of speed and car color are nicely managed. Of course X2 shots are worth taking.

Bravo Ricardo :cheers:

Thank you for passing by Hervé! That was the idea behind the RUF set. I'm glad you noticed it.
I'll be using X2 more often from now on. :)

I agree with Nicolas about your preview shot for the RUF set. Very (and more than that) impressive, great composition and the rendering of the rim is wow...
But the rest of the set is excellent, love the contrast between the low stauration of the scenery and the almost flashy color of the car. Great composition, realistic rendering, original angle... What else ? Great job my friend !

Edit : I agree with Hervé about the VGT AMG shot : great composition, and wise use of the portrait format 👍

Looks like the preview gathers more "Likes" than the rest of the set. :D I'm feeling like my set have desappoint you (all) somehow. lol
Thanks for you feedback Jérémy!

Impressive work on that RUF set. I like desaturated colors of the background and bright color of the car, that combination gives really nice results 👍 Thanks to that, your photos are having very cool feeling; a bit movie like 👍 And a car looks premium. Good job!

Welcome to my gallery Qnrad. :) And I'm glad you captured the mood of the RUF set. :cheers:

Looks like the preview gathers more "Likes" than the rest of the set. :D I'm feeling like my set have desappoint you (all) somehow. lol
Thanks for you feedback Jérémy!

It happens sometimes :P

But no, the set is full of great pics (have a look to your flickr comment for my feelings ;) ).

Great work on these last two pics. Like the contrast in the Range one, nice choice of color in the AMG VGT shot, with a beautiful light straight from the game.
The first shot with the Nissan Rocket is just splendid. The toning makes it ultra-realistic 👍

@Kodje Thank you for you positive fb. I jus t saw your comments on flickr. :)
The light engine in GT6 is amazing indeed!

@NBDESIGNZ Thank you again mate. :) I love this "GT #34" changeable color. :D

This set was a request from @dbarrade to recreate his Lotus Elise. I hope he likes it.

Deans K20a Lotus

B&W

COLOR

...​

The Elise looks fantastic in that black, the 3400S set is also fantastic (Ascari is great for photo sessions, isn't it? :P), and yet another menacing photo of the AMG VGT - although this one doesn't appear to eating children... unless it's already done so. :lol:

OH WOW! That is an amazing job! The real thing for comparison:

Group-1-DSC_2778_DSC_2792-15-images-Edit.jpg

DSC_2903.jpg

@zzz_pt best Christmas Present Ever!!!! I can't thank you enough Ricardo!

Last edited:
I like the toning in the RUF set. The first preview and the last bonus shot are great! However, I just think there are too many shots with similar angles in this set.

Now your 1st VGT shot I like a lot! Great angle and composition. Perfect amount of contrast and vibrancy.:drool:

The Elise set is really cool too.;)👍

I like the RUF set, very nice toning and mood to them and the colour of the car works great. 👍

Your Delta Wing comp entry is great too. As is the black Elise, they look very nice indeed. 👍

And to answer your question, I plan to open my Gallery this weekend sometime. I have some stuff in the works but have had little time to get things done. But I'll have my holiday break after today so more time to get my photoworks going. :) 👍

Last edited:
Great edit work on this Elise set, it offers an incredible level of details. Love the rendering of the wheels and the rims, the reflections on the car. Bravo !

The Elise looks fantastic in that black, the 3400S set is also fantastic (Ascari is great for photo sessions, isn't it? :P), and yet another menacing photo of the AMG VGT - although this one doesn't appear to eating children... unless it's already done so. :lol:

Thank you for passing by and for you kind words. My VGT only eats miles and tires. :D

Great elise shots!
Wich is the location from 1 pic?

Thanks mate. Le location is the last one (Ciudad de las artes y ciencias). :) (go here)

Lovely, lovely shots, I must say the Deltawing pic is especially good, nice work! 👍

Great to see you arround ;) And even better to see you in my gallery. I'm glad you liked it. 👍

:drool: Keep it up! Nice Nice Nice ... 👍
}:^{>

Thank you! :cheers: (go here)

I hope you don´t understand this wrong but i need to say it , you have improved ,... ALOT !!!!

I'm glad you noticed it. I know my first shots in my GT5 gallery were a complete disaster. I didn't knew how to shoot properly yet in photomode interface and I was a lot rusty in PS.

Thank you for your sincere comment on my gallery! :cheers:

(go here too)

OH WOW! That is an amazing job!

@zzz_pt best Christmas Present Ever!!!! I can't thank you enough Ricardo!

I did my best in the time I had. :) I'm glad you like it mate. 👍
As for my Christmas present, I would love a ride in you Elise. :D :D

Amazing looking car. Definitely better than in GT6.

I like the toning in the RUF set. The first preview and the last bonus shot are great! However, I just think there are too many shots with similar angles in this set.

Now your 1st VGT shot I like a lot! Great angle and composition. Perfect amount of contrast and vibrancy.:drool:

The Elise set is really cool too.;)👍

Hi Nux! You're right. I have some shots with similar angles indeed. I don't like this car very much (from all the RUFs at least). I just played with the BGs. :D

Thank you for your feedback. :cheers:

GPR
I like the RUF set, very nice toning and mood to them and the colour of the car works great. 👍

Your Delta Wing comp entry is great too. As is the black Elise, they look very nice indeed. 👍

And to answer your question, I plan to open my Gallery this weekend sometime. I have some stuff in the works but have had little time to get things done. But I'll have my holiday break after today so more time to get my photoworks going. :) 👍

Great news! I just saw your Evoque entry and I fell immediately in love. One of my fav cars in GT6 photographed by one of my fav photographers in GTP.

Thank you my friend for your comments! :cheers:
(go here)

A+ work! Really bold blacks and you can almost touch those textures! Really nice update.

Thank you! It means a lot that comment coming from you. When I opened my GT5 gallery (10.2012) I heard about you a lot and serch you work... We all know the rest. ^^ Your work speak for itself.
(go here)

Great edit work on this Elise set, it offers an incredible level of details. Love the rendering of the wheels and the rims, the reflections on the car. Bravo !

Thank you Jeremy! :) It's a shame that PD didn't solve the problem of custom rims widths. :/

Great edit and recreation. Shot #2 is my fave.

Thanks Nicolas. 👍 It's a sublte HDR image.

PCM 002 ENTRY (I changed it for this)

Wow! I absolutely love the 5th and 7th shot.:drool: Beautiful lighting and I love the angles you shot them from. The other shots are great too, but those two are my favs.

Nice work Ricardo!👍

Back