zzz's | Digital painting practice | 31/8

• Thread starter zzz_pt
  • 240 comments
Wow! I absolutely love the 5th and 7th shot.:drool: Beautiful lighting and I love the angles you shot them from. The other shots are great too, but those two are my favs.

Nice work Ricardo!👍

Very great work on these last pics Ricardo. Obviously the angles are a strong point of this set but tonning and lighting are also superb 👍
And Merry Christmas to you :)

Thank you Nux and Jérémy! :cheers:

As I've mentioned elsewhere Ricardo, lovely GTO shots!
I adore the composition, toning and atmosphere in both. Though the second is my absolute favourite. The perspective it renders is amazing man! :)

That second 250 GT shot is absolutely mesmerizing !
Love the last couple of sets you made also. Great diversity of angles and different tones.

Magnifiscient editing job on these 2 GTO pics, first one has a really nice retro feel in in and the second with that angle and cockpit detail is just stunning. :bowdown:

I'm late argh, everything is nice, the Karma pics are excellent, I love this car and these SSRX shots are greatly managed, both Ferrari 250 GTO are edited the way I like. Both Mercedes and Bmw GT3 aerial camera views are insane !! Bravo Ricardo :cheers:

So cool, that last one, two very different cars but both British!

And great Ferrari shots, I like the last one there the most as well! :drool:

Man those 250 GTO shots are really great, love the toning and compositions, especially the second one. Very, very nice. :) 👍

Also nice concept on the last piece with the Mini & F1. 👍

Not sure how I feel about a 250 GTO in anything but red. :P Is the first one a HDR? The sky has a HDR-ish glow thing going on that draws my eye away from the car. The second shot is lovely though, the detail of the interior, the winding road stretching up ahead - great stuff!

I also really like the McLaren/Mini shot - super cool stuff. My only complaint - try and fix up those jaggy wheel arches on the mini! Great work though.

I absolutely love the 2nd 250 GTO shot! Simply amazing! :drool:👍 I also think the last two shots are great. But the first shot has been let down by PD's poor texture quality.

Last edited:
So cool, that last one, two very different cars but both British!
And great Ferrari shots, I like the last one there the most as well! :drool:

Mr Bean's and Rowan Atkinson's cars :D
Thank you Ciro!

I see you did there, Mr Bean's Mini and Rowan Atkinson's F1 :)👍 I love it!

:)👍 Thank you Joahn!

GPR
Man those 250 GTO shots are really great, love the toning and compositions, especially the second one. Very, very nice. :) 👍

Also nice concept on the last piece with the Mini & F1. 👍

Thanks you! I'm glad you liked it. That's a good sign. :cheers:

Not sure how I feel about a 250 GTO in anything but red. :P Is the first one a HDR? The sky has a HDR-ish glow thing going on that draws my eye away from the car. The second shot is lovely though, the detail of the interior, the winding road stretching up ahead - great stuff!

I also really like the McLaren/Mini shot - super cool stuff. My only complaint - try and fix up those jaggy wheel arches on the mini! Great work though.

Yes it's an HDR shot. I hoped no one would notice that litle "glow thing". :D In fact that "thing" wasn't caused by the merged shots but my laziness on editing the sky. I had to clean it up and ended up doing a real bad mask. :D

On the mini I agreed with you. Those arches are really ugly but since I did just a quick edit on LR I didn't touched the image itself in PS (I even forgot to open it in PS to add my signature/stamp). ^^

Great feedback. Thank you Robert. :cheers:

I absolutely love the 2nd 250 GTO shot! Simply amazing! :drool:👍 I also think the last two shots are great. But the first shot has been let down by PD's poor texture quality.

Thanks Nux. :)

Yes, those textures are sh** :D as my first panorama lol. I think I chosed a bad place and a bad way to make it. I did 3 horizontal shots and merged them from bottom to top. Usually panos are more...panoramic. :D

The secret for so many people like the 2nd GTO shot is this small detail:

:D

I always wanted to make some "tribute" shots to some of you guys. Never had the time and talent to make it real though. I'm happy I did this à lá Kodje shot accidently. hehe
Maybe I'll try to make some more tribute shots in the follwing weeks.

à lá Kodje

ps: Not as good as he would do it but as I was editing this HDR I was finding some "kodje's" mood in it... and I liked it. :D

@Kodje

DEVOQUE

...​

Your 250 GTO shots are really shining through, the tonal work on them are really, really amazing. Props to you, zzz. 👍

Your 250 GTO shots are really shining through, the tonal work on them are really, really amazing. Props to you, zzz. 👍

Thanks Jaden. :cheers: Nice to see you comment in my gallery.

I'm really diggin your latest entries and also the GTO Kodje style and the Devoque.

Cheers Nicolas! The overall qualiti of everyones entries is getting so high that is hard to win a comp these days.

PREVIEW:

M5 ALPINA

...full set soon...

Amazing gallery you have here. Totally in love whith these 250 shots. Love these warm old feeling they have. Second shos is magnificient !

Never imagined the M5 or any other car to look good in chrome green but you've certainly managed to pull it off.
Clean tonal work as usual and a stunning bonus as well. 👍

Like Jaden I agree on the fact that this car looks good in this color. Very nice compositions and tones, love the Pano.

Happy New Year Ricardo :cheers:
Wow what an incredible gallery - sorry I'm only just getting around to visiting now.
So many incredible images with clever concepts, great compositions and brilliant editing. Standouts for me so far are the Monster Camaro, Mazda RX 500 and RUF 3400S sets but all are fantastic. 👍 :bowdown:

Thank you Jaden Nicolas and Nathan! :) In fact I hate greens...but this particular green looks like a candy green in every car :D

I'm glad that you guys are liking my stuff.

Back