We’ve finally got some official photos from the 2008 Gran Turismo Awards held at SEMA last week. Apparently, the JR Rocha’s winning G37 was painted black since he posted pictures of the vehicle on his blog. We also have the winners from the other categories – all of which were in the running to be included in the next game. Here’s how the awards break down:
- Best Japanese Import and “Best in Show” – JR Rocha’s 2008 G37
- Best Truck/SUV – John Wargo’s 1938 Chevy Pickup
- Best European Import – Robert Gal’s Volkswagen Concept Car
- Best Domestic – James Shipka’s 1967 Chevrolet Camaro Rally Sport (“Big Red”)
- Best Hot Rod – Jason Lavigne’s Factory Five Racing 1933 Hot Rod
After seeing some of the other entrants, there are sure to be some comments on Yamauchi’s final choice. What do you think?