Project CARS 2‘s latest patch has arrived on Xbox One. Patch 2.0 arrived on PS4 earlier this week and now those who play on Microsoft’s console can enjoy the improvements. Slightly Mad Studios has tweaked many parts of the game including a much-needed fix related to the game’s career mode.
The bug in question occurs during qualifying during your driver journey. When the player sets their time and opts to skip forward to the end of a session, the AI will respond with near impossible lap times. As a result, this would push the player down the pack and make the qualifying experience less than ideal. This issue is no more with the arrival of patch 2.0, so those struggling with this can rejoice.
Other tweaks include console support for external applications. These can enhance your Project CARS 2 experience by offering more dashboard information or act as a crew chief delivering in-race information.
When it comes to patches in racing games, simultaneous releases between each platform become less and less common. Xbox users usually suffer the worst and need to wait a bit more (or a lot more) time than their PS4 companions. Kudos to SMS for getting 2.0 out for Xbox owners only a few days later than the other console platform.
The full list of changes are as below:
• Improved driving line assist.
• Various AI behavioural and race line improvements.
• Multiple improvements and enhancements to multiplayer, and lobby handling.
• Improvements and enhancements to audio and sound effects.
• Improvements and enhancements to replays and replay cameras.
• USB keyboard support improved.
• Improvements, enhancements and fixes to Career flow.
• Enhancements to various cars’ handling and standard setup improvements.
• Tweaks and fixes to Achievement / Trophy unlock logic.
• Tweaks and fixes to setup UI and flow.
• Improved default assists for gamepad users.
• Fixes and improvements to headlights and brake lights.
• Fixes and improvements to ICM appearance and functionality.
• Improvements and enhancements to steering wheel support.
• Fixes and improvements to certain weather / tyre combinations.
• Optimisations to tracks across the game.
• Myriad render and performance tweaks and improvements.
Keep an eye on our Project CARS 2 forum for the latest discussion involving the 2.0 patch!
Featured image taken by Gethema.