1.03 update adds ONLINE ONLY mechanical damage (No further details known.)

  • Thread starter Thread starter fabianw
  • 638 comments
  • 114,710 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
20 bucks says that even though there is damage in, it's unrealistic. (As i haven't gotten on since the update was pushed out)

Hit a wall at 50 MPH and your car should be totalled (killed engine or destroyed suspension). Period. FR? Engine would be shot. MR? Front suspension would be shot to crap and crushed in to make it undrivable. You get the idea. I want to see full-blown damage.

Basically, what i'm asking for is iRacing style damage, which would never happen because SONY would tell PD that "the damage is too realistic" and that car manufacturers probably don't want their cars to get totalled on GT5. :lol:

I'll still have a lot of fun on the game because it shouldn't be the real damage simulator. It should be a driving sim :)

I don't need all that, but I know know that racing on the Ring with heavy damage is very scary. ;lol: caught some grass and my race was over after that. :lol:
 
I fiddled around with it for about 10 minutes. It seemed pretty impressive. A lot more than I was expecting, though I'm hoping it is implemented into GT Life post haste (along with more consistent collision physics, as well. Then the AI wouldn't dare try that PIT nonsense on me).
 
I don't need all that, but I know know that racing on the Ring with heavy damage is very scary. ;lol: caught some grass and my race was over after that. :lol:

haha. I agree, when I was tailing you I was trying to be so careful, but when you slid off the track and caught control it was nice. This really makes me drive carefully, like JDM said, if you slip you better pray you can pull a 360 and get back on track without hitting the wall.

I love it! I will be racing online more.
 
Sounds awesome! I'm gonna try it the weekend when I have more time, I pray they add it to at least time trial mode :) would be cool for the endurance races when you lose concentration for a spilt second!
 
Regardless of what the patch does or doesn't do, I'm just very glad they're releasing any updates at all. So many Japanese developers seem to just release a game and leave it as-is, never releasing updates or content.

I hope they can keep it up for a while, it's nice to be able to sign in and have new stuff to play with every now and then.
 
Can someone tell me all the things that were patched in? So clueless..
 
Gran Turismo was better without the damage.

Turn it off, period.

Test it soon, but as my driving is not good enough yet i'm fine with it not being in GT Life for the moment.
 
So is the mechanical damage limted to online racing only?, cause it does nt seem to have any sort of affect in GT mode
 
So this patch only did stuff to online modes? :(
 
Did they add back and forward to replays? Do they even know its missing?

I think people have a right to complain about the damage not being in single player and up until now not in online. Its in the friggin commercial! We shouldn't have to be grateful they are adding stuff that is advertised as being in there already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v3aCp899F8

Realistic damage? Where? I am level 17 and have yet to see anything remotely close to what happens in that clip even visually. Coming soon I guess.
 
I don't need all that, but I know know that racing on the Ring with heavy damage is very scary. ;lol: caught some grass and my race was over after that. :lol:

But... isn't it a good thing you are scared flying down the ring? Wouldn't that happen in real life? You slip up, your race is over.
 
i'm looking forward to the ability to back up the games!
 
Does the damage get repaired during a pitstop?
 
Ok, to sum it up.

The patch included:
- Mec. damage. But currently only online. Not in A or B spec mode or special events.
- You have an option how much much you want mec. damage to inflict you.

They DID NOT fix the Birthday exploit or the savegame files. Now the savegame files should be COPY PROTECTED! But it should also be stored a backup online (like an option to upload before you quit game or pure online saving).
This will prevent people from downloading sick saves with game 100%, all cars and a **** load of money. This is the most fair option for those who want to backup saves.

(Edit: This is my view only. As I have alot of inisght into game design and programing, this is what seems most logical at this point to me.)
So, why not in A or B spec you ask?
Well, that would force them to make the AI cars take mec. damage as well. If they did that, they would also have to alter / re program the AI. They cannot drive like they do now when mec. damage is fully included. And a tweak is simply not enough here. They would have to see you, and each other in order to not bump you off the track, or brake at idiotic places when you are close behind them. Same with B spec, that guy with mec. damage? Now that would be frustrating!
Chances are they are working on that as we speak. And hopefully next patch will include it in A and B spec mode, with a new and better AI.
 
Last edited:
Yes it does. Im loving the mechanical damage and the wobbling of the dfgt when your wheels are messed up
 
That is awesome. I'm looking forward to online racing now.
 
Damage is great, I just did couple of Practice and Racing on the Laguna Seca and NUR-RING, its freaking awesome! I love how sometimes i only may bet allighment wheel problems while some give me suspension problems that will shake the heck out of my wheel. Heck even with MID speed hit i got so much engine problems that it took my 300 HP car 0-60mph in about 20 seconds, and top speed of 104mph! HAHAH! ANd that was only mid collision!!! Now every time someone is behind me I pray they brake early! The fear factor is much greater then before!

So any info about damage in Single Player A spec? Im almost level 20.
 
Did online mode always show tires wearing down and fuel being consumed? I just noticed it after the patch but maybe it was because I was paying more attention to that area.

I actually like it. I set it at light for now that way it slows you down for a few but doesn't knock you out of the race completely. Really shook the wheel.
 
Yeah fuel and tires were ON before.


Could someone try to take some ONLINE pictures of DAMAGED suspension.
 
I was having an all crx race a little while ago. Someone ran a corner to hot and nailed my left rear wheel. It was then toed in prob 8 degrees and massive woobling. Good stuff
 
20 bucks says that even though there is damage in, it's unrealistic. (As i haven't gotten on since the update was pushed out)

Hit a wall at 50 MPH and your car should be totalled (killed engine or destroyed suspension). Period. FR? Engine would be shot. MR? Front suspension would be shot to crap and crushed in to make it undrivable. You get the idea. I want to see full-blown damage.

Basically, what i'm asking for is iRacing style damage, which would never happen because SONY would tell PD that "the damage is too realistic" and that car manufacturers probably don't want their cars to get totalled on GT5. :lol:

I'll still have a lot of fun on the game because it shouldn't be the real damage simulator. It should be a driving sim :)

Well the game needs to cater to 10m ps3/GT fans.. and less than 5% of those are hardcore fans... The game won't be any fun if you have to restart each race after the very first corner on the track.

I agree its not a real damage simulator, its a driving sim and it does that well.

How ever if someone hits my car online and I take an enormous amount of damage, that isn't going to be much fun :nervous:
 
Can it be used in arcade mode. Downloading now.
BTW thanks PD for supporting it.
 
Ok, to sum it up.

The patch included:
- Mec. damage. But currently only online. Not in A or B spec mode or special events.
- You have an option how much much you want mec. damage to inflict you.

They DID NOT fix the Birthday exploit or the savegame files. Now the savegame files should be COPY PROTECTED! But it should also be stored a backup online (like an option to upload before you quit game or pure online saving).
This will prevent people from downloading sick saves with game 100%, all cars and a **** load of money. This is the most fair option for those who want to backup saves.

So, why not in A or B spec you ask?
Well, that would force them to make the AI cars take mec. damage as well. If they did that, they would also have to alter / re program the AI. They cannot drive like they do now when mec. damage is fully included. And a tweak is simply not enough here. They would have to see you, and each other in order to not bump you off the track, or brake at idiotic places when you are close behind them. Same with B spec, that guy with mec. damage? Now that would be frustrating!
Chances are they are working on that as we speak. And hopefully next patch will include it in A and B spec mode, with a new and better AI.

I think they already had that stuff in the game, but maybe they're doing it this way to discourage piracy - just a strong hunch 💡

From a long time ago, Kaz mentioned about how damage will be GT5, and how the AI had to be approached differently so they don't go around crashing and ruining the race. Either it's there or they failed code wise

I mean these updates seem to be all lined up ready to go...
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back