2014 United Sports Car Championship

  • Thread starter Thread starter Earth
  • 6,133 comments
  • 323,678 views
In all of my years of watching racing, I've never seen such a massive accident at this level of racing.
 
Just to remind you, do not post videos of this, as fatal videos are taboo here. We don't know what's going to happen, and we all pray both drivers will be okay, but take the precautions and leave it.
 
Last edited:
That is perhaps the most sickening hit I have seen in a very long time.
 
He's being taken to a hospital
 
Skipping infield care center and going straight to Halifax Medical Center.
 
Mateo is fine though right?
 
Mateo got out himself, so i'd say yes.
 
Mateo is fine though right?
According to his race director yes. That's what they said on MotorsTV.
Also taken to the medical center obviously.
 
I'll go on record now and say that's one of the worst hits I've witnessed in motorsport. To watch it live as well.... :(
 
Farnbacher is fanning himself with the door?
 
Halifax, Canada? :eek: Nothing like transporting someone all the way from Southern USA to northern Canada... :eek:


My continued prayers with Memo, he's probably hurt badly to go to Halifax...
 
Yeah, he got out of the car and was taken to the infield care center.

Also, Halifax is a mile from the track, so it just speeds up the process in case Memo does have injuries that need immediate attention.
 
Consider yourself lucky, I have seen a few deaths while in attendance over the decades...it's never a good thing, I hope everyone is OK from this one.
Same, only on TV fortunately, but it always hurts so much.
My thoughts are with him and his family now.
 
The DP just caved in? I'm amazed.
 
If it took them longer to get Memo out, i'd be really worried... looking at the Gainsco wreck it looks like it had absorbed the impact a lot.
 
why is the 911 not moving?
 
Aaahhhhh, that's a relief... If it's just the local American hospital, at least it means that it's not Halifax, Canada... If there were a need to transport the drivers out of the country.... :eek:
 
That wreck was easily as scary as Wheldon's IndyCar one. Going to be hard to get back into the swing of things with that in the back of my mind.
 
Back