2014 United Sports Car Championship

  • Thread starter Thread starter Earth
  • 6,133 comments
  • 323,599 views
Every time I look at the spotter guide, I'm annoyed at how many GT America's there are in the GTD class, while there's only one Viper, one BMW, and a pair of Aston's.
 
This equally irritated me, since I really wanted to see the Viper dominate the GTD and GT3 classes.
 
I see that the stands are almost completely empty. If I was there, I'd bring a tent, sleeping bag, and a big pair of headphones blaring white noise. :sly:
 
MRN are bored that there is no real on-track action right now, so they talk about food. :lol:
 
MRN are bored that there is no real on-track action right now, so they talk about food. :lol:

They mostly sound like fat guys to be honest, especially the one talking the most about food.
 
Every time I look at the spotter guide, I'm annoyed at how many GT America's there are in the GTD class, while there's only one Viper, one BMW, and a pair of Aston's.
Not that suprising, considering a Viper GT3-R will set you back $459,000; while a Porsche GT America only costs $269,000. Plus, Porsche tends to supply a factory driver for endurance races and have a notoriously good customer program.

Also, TRG is not selling the Aston's yet, and the low top speed of the BMW Z4 ($440,000) makes it undesirable for Daytona. I couldn't find a firm price for the Ferrari 458 GT3, saw $340,000 but that seems low for a Ferrari. An Audi R8 LMS Ultra will cost you $329,900 (And is the only one which has a customer support program to rival Porsche), although for those 3 you would need to spend extra to adapt it to GTD specs.

Edit: For a couple of GT3 cars not in the series, a Nissan GTR GT3 will cost you $436,416, and a McLaren MP4-12C GT3 costs a lofty $519,865. (Both prices before necessary modifications for GTD) Which explains why we don't see either of those in the series.
 
Last edited:
Not that suprising, considering a Viper GT3-R will set you back $459,000; while a Porsche GT America only costs $269,000. Plus, Porsche tends to supply a factory driver for endurance races and have a notoriously good customer program.

Also, TRG is not selling the Aston's yet, and the low top speed of the BMW Z4 ($440,000) makes it undesirable for Daytona. I couldn't find a firm price for the Ferrari 458 GT3, saw $340,000 but that seems low for a Ferrari. An Audi R8 LMS Ultra will cost you $329,900 (And is the only one which has a customer support program to rival Porsche), although for those 3 you would need to spend extra to adapt it to GTD specs.

Not to mention it's basically a Porsche Cup Car, they're the most common car of that type and they're bullet proof.
 
Nobody sits in the grandstands for a road race. Everyone is in the infield.

I see that the stands are almost completely empty. If I was there, I'd bring a tent, sleeping bag, and a big pair of headphones blaring white noise. :sly:
 
Muscle Milk back on the lead lap :)
 
Muscle Milk back on the lead lap :)
Oh really? If they can stay out of trouble I can see them in the top 5 by the end, maybe better. They just keep climbing the charts as everyone else falls
 
They stopped again so they went back -1 again and the #01 guys have hammers and drills out doing something to the RF
 
Its easy to see there's nothing dramatic happening on the track since its so quiet in here.:lol:
 
Its easy to see there's nothing dramatic happening on the track since its so quiet in here.:lol:
Good action up front between Dixon and Fittipaldi, but the rest of the field has spread out.
 
This video was just posted on YT. This is not me recording. It seems as though there have been some TV viewers where FOX blatantly decided not to air the race for them.


The DC one didn't, but they did move it over to the MyNetwork affiliate they also own.
Honestly I can understand on that one, Virginia vs Virginia Tech is much bigger locally then Rolex.
 
Finally back from a lengthy dinner, seems like I have missed a bunch. Hope that's not a P2 car that's burning...
 
I believe some if not all of them broadcast the NASCAR races on MRN, they're the reason why I don't listen to their NASCAR broadcasts anymore. They have the rights because NASCAR owns MRN.
Actually, MRN only covers races at tracks owned by ISC (aka NASCAR), tracks owned by Bruton Smith are covered by the Performance Racing Network. MRN, though, also covers all races not owned by Smith with the exception of Indy, which has its own radio network.
 
This video was just posted on YT. This is not me recording. It seems as though there have been some TV viewers where FOX blatantly decided not to air the race for them.



Fox Sports is not the same thing as Fox. FOX is a broadcast channel. FSN is a cable channel.
 
Technically it is illegal anyway for a local channel to not show a national program unless they air it on another broadcast channel they own (And it has to be one of the smaller ones, aka My Network TV or Ion). I remember reading some NBC affiliates got in trouble by not showing Monaco last year.
 
I hope that was not an ad or endorsement of Yoohoo...
 
Will never understand the abuse American series have to deal with TV-wise....although to be fair ESPN won my award for worst broadcaster for their ALMS coverage. Fox is pretty much my runner-up pick though.

I could rant for days about the BS we put up with these stations, but I won't. Deep down I know I can put up with a lot of stuff, so short of not catching a race at all or having it cut short, I usually feel satisfied with most race broadcasts.

Also WHAT?^^^^ What in the world did those NBC affiliated show instead and WHY???
 
Back