2014 United Sports Car Championship

  • Thread starter Thread starter Earth
  • 6,133 comments
  • 323,597 views
I can smell the bacon cooking.

Man, I would love to be there.


Hey, any GTPer's chiming in here at all, cnd, Jav?
You guys here/there?

Chaz, can you smell the bacon?
 
It's nice to back in front of the big screen and away from the computer, tv coverage until the finish 👍
 
>the city of ganassi
 
Since I know you guys are all smarter than me: What is the idea behind the square hole in the fender above the tire? A lot of the designs have this. Brake cooling, I guess?
 
It is to prevent the car from flipping over if air gets under there. At least to my knowledge.
I have a faint memory them being introduced because too many cars went airborne in Le Mans/WEC in past years.
 
I thought it was also so the tyre people could check the tyre for any signs of damage or blisters.

Probably wrong.
 
Yeah, when a car gets sideways those openings grab air and help flip the car.
With the hole, air escapes. Simple terms without the positive/negative high pressure stuff.
 
ACO LMP cars have the holes as well. As well as the Big Honking Fin.
 
ACO LMP cars have the holes as well. As well as the Big Honking Fin.

Well the Swan neck at the end of the shark fin is suppose to also limit the ability of cars flipping. I wonder how it'd look on a DP car.
 
Here is the 2013 fender.


43 fanwalk.jpg
 
They're quite more aggressive in WEC P1 cars
upr18y.jpg


Audi say they did the rear ones to prevent dirty air from getting to the rear wing and disturbing the aero.
 
Muscle Milk can still win this race.Other than the flat tire they had early in the race and a spin they have been hovering near the leaders all night.

My picks from yesterday

P-#42 Oak racing -17 laps
PC-#54 Core -leader
GTLM-#4 Vette --p2
GTD-#94 Turner -4 laps and just dumped the Mazda :cheers:
 
Muscle Milk can still win this race.Other than the flat tire they had early in the race and a spin they have been hovering near the leaders all night.

My picks from yesterday

P-#42 Oak racing -17 laps
PC-#54 Core -leader
GTLM-#4 Vette --p2
GTD-#94 Turner -4 laps and just dumped the Mazda :cheers:

nice picks, I picked the Vettes in GTLM, and the SRT GT3 Viper in GTD which isn't doing good. I didn't pick anyone in the P class.
 
Picket Racing claiming the 02 car passed them under local yellow.

And another MRN classic from last night.Patrick Pilet is now called Patrick Pellet
 
My picks from yesterday

P-#42 Oak racing -17 laps
PC-#54 Core -leader
GTLM-#4 Vette --p2
GTD-#94 Turner -4 laps and just dumped the Mazda :cheers:

You made me check mine:

In Prototypes - #90 Corvette - 6th, 2 laps down
In PC - #25 8Star Motorsports - 2nd, 1 lap down
In GTLM - #911 Porsche - 1st
In GTD - #48 Audi - 18th, 27 laps down
 
GTLM notes. BMW has quietly come up in the ranks. I guess its all about staying consistent. With roughly 6 hours to go we have one porsche and one corvette on the lead lap with only 11 seconds separating them. In third place is number 56 (white BMW color) is 1 lap down. The number 55 BMW (black color car) is two laps back in fourth.
 
GTLM notes. BMW has quietly come up in the ranks. I guess its all about staying consistent. With roughly 6 hours to go we have one porsche and one corvette on the lead lap with only 11 seconds separating them. In third place is number 56 (white BMW color) is 1 lap down. The number 55 BMW (black color car) is two laps back in fourth.

Also with Vipers early issues for both car (can't recall what happened to the 91) and them being even further back I think BMW can be happy and push to keep it that way. We'll have to see though.
 
The Morgan is incredible through the infield, I think we could be looking at the series champion come the end of the season...
 
After all the horrible wrecks and other things last year, I'm glad he's alright but as the first major race of the year I think we can all agree that wreck wasn't the best way to start this motoring year.
 
That's the first time I've seen the crash, I couldn't see any yellow/white (or whatever colour slow car is in American racing) which is pretty stupid.
 
That's the first time I've seen the crash, I couldn't see any yellow/white (or whatever colour slow car is in American racing) which is pretty stupid.
The whole thing happened in a couple of seconds, the Ferrari was accelerating normally out of the corner and lost the power on the straight. There was no time for a warning.
 
The whole thing happened in a couple of seconds, the Ferrari was accelerating normally out of the corner and lost the power on the straight. There was no time for a warning.

It looked like it had been crawling for a quite few seconds judging by the replays, enough time to throw out a local yellow.
 
The whole thing happened in a couple of seconds, the Ferrari was accelerating normally out of the corner and lost the power on the straight. There was no time for a warning.

Exactly it was just bad luck which feels like carry over (for me) of what was last year. I hope the best for Memo
 
It looked like it had been crawling for a quite few seconds judging by the replays, enough time to throw out a local yellow.
Nope, there was no time to react in any way.
 
Nope, there was no time to react in any way.

I've watched it again on Youtube and from the moment the director sees the Ferrari is going slowly to the Corvette plowing into the back of it is 9 seconds...
 
Back