2014 United Sports Car Championship

  • Thread starter Thread starter Earth
  • 6,133 comments
  • 323,594 views
In other news, the 07 is behind the wall. Good on them for making it almost 19 hours; I don't think many of us expected that.
 
+the sunset and vuala
 
I've watched it again on Youtube and from the moment the director sees the Ferrari is going slowly to the Corvette plowing into the back of it is 9 seconds...
9 seconds are nothing.
 
The car was unsighted. The driver's side is on the right and as he was pulling out he hit him. It was unfortunate, but was also influence by the sun and if the backmarker wasn't there he wouldn't have hit him. But it's happened already.

Just my opinion.
 
The whole thing happened in a couple of seconds, the Ferrari was accelerating normally out of the corner and lost the power on the straight. There was no time for a warning.

Why didn't the Ferrari driver just pull over onto the grass when he knew he was traveling at dangerously low speeds?
 
Why didn't the Ferrari driver just pull over onto the grass when he knew he was traveling at dangerously low speeds?

I'd guess he was trying to get it started and find some power again, probably thought he'd done enough to get out the way too, just an extremely unfortunate accident, don't think anyone can be blamed.👍
 
Why didn't the Ferrari driver just pull over onto the grass when he knew he was traveling at dangerously low speeds?

Because you always try to get the car back to the pits in endurance racing, and he was off the racing line. It was just a very unfortunate incident and no ones fault.
 
Why didn't the Ferrari driver just pull over onto the grass when he knew he was traveling at dangerously low speeds?
Because it happened in a really short amount of time and the driver didn't knew what was up with the car and was confused?
 
Any HD streams out there? All I have is MotorsTV.
 
I can smell the bacon cooking.

Man, I would love to be there.


Hey, any GTPer's chiming in here at all, cnd, Jav?
You guys here/there?

Chaz, can you smell the bacon?

All that track food smelled great yesterday (watch out for the infield hot dogs, though) but we're not going back today. Definitely doing this next year too, it was terrific!
 
They're quite more aggressive in WEC P1 cars
upr18y.jpg


Audi say they did the rear ones to prevent dirty air from getting to the rear wing and disturbing the aero.

I noticed this right away on (I think) all the P cars. It looks ugly to me, especially since I'm used to the DP's having the vent slats, but if it improves safety then I'm of course all for it.
 
In Germany we also say "Four Fiftyeight", just in German... obviously.
 
#97 AMR has gone. :(
 
Maybe the Magnus guys can get Mr.Cone in for a interview.

That would be awesome. Speaking of the Magnus guys, one of the messed around with the Wikipedia page for Shane Van Gisbergen :lol: I was gonna post the link but it looks like someone took it down again. Found a picture of it from Twitter

Be48ThoCQAIcO5l.jpg:large
 
I just noticed I don't see Team Sahlen. They had just moved up to DP IIRC last year. Anyone know what happened to them? The PDF guide from this thread shows only a single Cayman entry for them in Conti ST but a quick web search showed an announcement from last fall saying their 2 DPs would be in the new series (and 2 Caymans in Conti).
 
I was under the impression they didn't have the budget to justify upgrading their DP's to the new specs.
 
Last edited:
Apologies if already posted:

IMSA ‏@IMSA2h
Memo Gidley, underwent surgical procedures on both his left arm and left leg at Halifax Health in Daytona Beach, Florida. (more)

Graham Goodwin ‏@dsceditor2h
Memo Gidley has "an unstable fracture in his back that will require additional surgery before he can be released from hospital"
 
That green flag lasted long.
 
Someone needs to give a few of the drivers in the #87 LMPC a stern talking to, not to many smart decisions going on over there as far as some of their drivers go..
 
That tire got completely destroyed. It's amazing how tires can be destroyed so easily.
 
I thought they said these debris cautions were supposed to be short, sure seems like it is taking a long time to just go grab a tire off the track.
 
I thought they said these debris cautions were supposed to be short, sure seems like it is taking a long time to just go grab a tire off the track.
Actually, one of the Corvettes hit off of the course.
 
Back