2014 United Sports Car Championship

  • Thread starter Thread starter Earth
  • 6,133 comments
  • 323,398 views
Jav
Was it really? If so I'm happy, was gonna post this picture from the iRacing forums which shows the Ferrari in fact left enough room:
View attachment 106533
Yup....

Should at least been given a remark about it, as it ain't gonna be forgotten...
 
I missed the last two hours, because I had do some family related stuff. Who won? And what were some of the major events that happened?
 
I'm shocked that the officials weren't better trained. The video clearly sights that there was no contact between the cars. Maybe they need to start hiring drivers to official so this doesn't happen again.
 
So Level 5 are winners. Finally.
 
Even though they are two different leagues... It should've been a penalty as Andre had the line. Here the R8 had the line and the Ferrari was coming up, but should've dropped to give the line.

But what ever.... It's over, and Sebring will tell the tale after this..

There was no 908 at Le Mans in 2012 so I don't know what you're talking about.

So Level 5 are winners. Finally.

Wow...great start to 2014, we have one driver hurt (glad Memo is going to be fine) and then to make it way over the top they take away the win, and then give it back to them. Now the other team (Audi) is going to be even more mad...

This is an utter joke, and I feel bad for the viewers acr4oss the ocean that have to see this mess.

Why is it that Italians are awarded victory after the celebrations are over...now he'll know what Fisichella felt like.
 
Last edited:
Maybe my idea of proper racecraft isn't correct, but in my mind, if 2 cars enter a corner side-by-side, the outside car is required to leave room at the apex for the inside car. And the inside car is required to leave room at track out for the outside car. No?
GT6 players < (cleaner than) professional Daytona 24 hour drivers.


Oh, I read most of the posts on the previous pages. The IQ hit I took has caused me to believe that GT6 open lobbies are some of the cleanest, friendliest and most well-respected drivers in the world.


Both drivers could've backed down, but neither did. It's called communication. Those two drivers now know that - when they go to Sebring - they both won't back down. The "crash" or avoidable "contact" is obviously stemming from the fact that it was the first time those two drivers ever raced together... On the last lap... Of the world's second most prestigious race... In the debut inauguraul year of a new championship...


I would've done the same as the Audi and the Ferrari - the opportunity to win the 24 Hours of Daytona does NOT come very often. The opportunity to win the first ever Tudor United Sports Car Championship (race or championship, tomato tomato) comes once.


Again, the stewards should've caught the actually dirty overtake in the bus-stop chicane and counted that as the reason for an acceptable penalty.


As for GTPlanet, guys, we're not getting anywhere. I know, I'm surrounded by fans of both Audi, Ferrari, and neither, but attacking ourselves doesn't make the Race director any less strange.
 
There was no 908 at Le Mans in 2012 so I don't know what you're talking about.



Wow...great start to 2014, we have one driver hurt (glad Memo is going to be fine) and then to make it way over the top they take away the win, and then give it back to them. Now the other team (Audi) is going to be even more mad...

This is an utter joke, and I feel bad for the viewers acr4oss the ocean that have to see this mess.

Why is it that Italians are awarded victory after the celebrations are over...now he'll know what Fisichella felt like.

It is a shame, as the racing itself was actually damn good. Especially GT classes. I did kinda forget that LMP's existed though. In all truth I think they'll all be gone within two years.
 
He was in the lead, pulling on the the Ferrari. Clearly going to win. The Ferrari shoved the 911 over one and one-half car lengths to take the win. Hard racing? More like dirty at its most mediocre point... Reckless/careless should be the call

Just because one car makes contact with another doesn't automatically qualify it as dirty, its how far and how hard the contact is that makes the difference. Two hip shoves does not mean dirty, its the final lap and they are racing hard. This however, is dirty:



How are the two the same? The Sebring race incurred no penalty. This did. It is what was acceptable from these two races to cause this penalty to be issued. What is hard racing, and what is reckless driving and how do you penalize those..

No, they aren't the same. Today's race was bad call (which thankfully was reversed, even though I still despise Scott Tucker) with two cars racing hard and NO contact, the other did involve more contact but both cars made it with serious damage or being taken out.



Anyhow, lets just agree to disagree. Overall (sans the crappy ruling/coverage/cautions/), I enjoyed the racing. The return of four class has definitely added more excitement to this race then I can remember for a long time and strangely we ended up seeing something we rarely ever saw in Grand-Am or ALMS: Action in all of the classes. I really hope to see more of the same for the rest of the season, especially at the enduros.
 
Last edited:
There was no 908 at Le Mans in 2012 so I don't know what you're talking about.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Meant 2011....
.

Just because one car makes contact with another doesn't automatically qualify it as dirty, its how far and how hard the contact is that makes the difference. Two hip shoves does not mean dirty, its the final lap and they are racing hard. This however, is dirty:



No, they aren't the same. Today's race was bad call (which thankfully was reversed, even though I still despise Scott Tucker) with two cars racing hard and NO contact, the other did involve more contact but both cars made it with serious damage or being taken out.
I think the fact they still had three cars at the time and Audi down to one due to ALL FERRARI incidents (with partial help to McNish in the first hour) it should've been one. It was a hard race and EVERYONE KNOWS that the ACO was secretly pulling for the R18 after the race... Except for the diehards maybe. It's like the ASPCA commercials, you either skip it at sight, or stick with them and cry.


However the damage that occurred hampered performance, along with the cut, because he did gain time otherwise he would've locked, maiming the pass around the horseshoe could've been the death wish for LV5...

If the flag never flew, the results would be different than they are now...
 
@audi__sport and flying lizard motor-sports are appealing the decision post race.
 
@audi__sport and flying lizard motor-sports are appealing the decision post race.

Called it

Wow...great start to 2014, we have one driver hurt (glad Memo is going to be fine) and then to make it way over the top they take away the win, and then give it back to them. Now the other team (Audi) is going to be even more mad...

This is an utter joke, and I feel bad for the viewers across the ocean that have to see this mess.

Why is it that Italians are awarded victory after the celebrations are over...now he'll know what Fisichella felt like.

I knew that they weren't going to roll over and be like "whatever you say NASCAR"
 
Called it



I knew that they weren't going to roll over and be like "whatever you say NASCAR"
They (IMSA) won't probably change the results, but do what happened when Mattais Ekkstrom (a factory driver that audi cars about) didn't win at Nuremberg due to violation of Parc Ferme. (They made no winner so neither Audi or BMW got the win)
 
They (IMSA) won't probably change the results, but do what happened when Mattais Ekkstrom (a factory driver that audi cars about) didn't win at Nuremberg due to violation of Parc Ferme. (They made no winner so neither Audi or BMW got the win)
whuuuuuuuut? :p
 
They (IMSA) won't probably change the results, but do what happened when Mattais Ekkstrom (a factory driver that audi cars about) didn't win at Nuremberg due to violation of Parc Ferme. (They made no winner so neither Audi or BMW got the win)

I don't know. If IMSA doesn't want to be burned down (by internet) they probably wont go that route, as we all said this could have easily been avoided if they called them on the lap prior, rather than last lap. Oh why IMSA/NASCAR, why didn't you fools listen to the more clear visioned fans!!! :scared:
 
whuuuuuuuut? :p
Yes... Where Martin Luther was from.... That other HRE guy no one remembers but mixes up.

And where all the war crimes were tried at..

I don't know. If IMSA doesn't want to be burned down (by internet) they probably wont go that route, as we all said this could have easily been avoided if they called them on the lap prior, rather than last lap. Oh why IMSA/NASCAR, why didn't you fools listen to the more clear visioned fans!!! :scared:
That would be best case scenario.. If anything, they will leave a remark like I said they should...
 
I bet if there was no penalty there would be no discussion on the controversial call...

So, anyone ready to start that NBC Sports petition? And please, don't give me the "Not everyone gets NBC Sports" argument because the exact same can be said about Fox Sports 1 and Fox Sports 2. This is about getting a network that gives a damn about the sports it covers.



Nevermind the ridiculous amount of international drivers it gets and now the reintroduction of the ACO spec classes :rolleyes:

Have to admit, while NBCSN isn't perfect, they delivered the best broadcasts for races out of all the channels I watched races on this past season.

I think it's just American broadcasting in general that is terrible at delivering quality broadcasts. It's as if network execs couldn't give an F about putting effort in their broadcast presentations. They must think as long as the ratings are up and the stats show their methods works, they are happy.

One thing we can all agree on is that GT3 cars create some incredible racing, I love them.

I can't agree on this. What I can agree on is that GT3 cars create incredibly AWESOME racing :lol:👍
 
So IMSA royally screwed themselves :lol: That'll teach them for having an avoidable contact rule that applies even when no actual contact occurs.. Who writes all this stuff? Rules should be specific and crystal clear so there is no confusion and thus no controversy and embarrassment like we're witnessing..
 
So IMSA royally screwed themselves :lol: That'll teach them for having an avoidable contact rule that applies even when no actual contact occurs.. Who writes all this stuff? Rules should be specific and crystal clear so there is no confusion and thus no controversy and embarrassment like we're witnessing..
These guys:
monkey_news.jpg
 
I bet if there was no penalty there would be no discussion on the controversial call...



Have to admit, while NBCSN isn't perfect, they delivered the best broadcasts for races out of all the channels I watched races on this past season.

I think it's just American broadcasting in general that is terrible at delivering quality broadcasts. It's as if network execs couldn't give an F about putting effort in their broadcast presentations. They must think as long as the ratings are up and the stats show their methods works, they are happy.



I can't agree on this. What I can agree on is that GT3 cars create incredibly AWESOME racing :lol:👍
If there was no contact before, there wouldn't be anything to fuss about...

And NBC did a great job with F1, and I wish they could do Le Mans, as Fox will butcher it all up with channel switches and offline hours, where speed always had continuous televised races with the exception with updates around the world.

And fox needs to get rid of all the transvestites they got.... No no no no no no no no.... :nervous::yuck:
 
That's actually correct. He's talking about a DTM race at the Norisring, which is located in Nuremberg.
Oh. :'c I've never heard of it, so I thought he meant Nurburgring.
 
I agree, I think NBC does a good job with Sports overseas because of the fact that they do the Olympics or at least that is part of the reason.
 
I agree, I think NBC does a good job with Sports overseas because of the fact that they do the Olympics or at least that is part of the reason.
Costas kills any broadcaster.... If he and Brian Williams and Morgan freeman team up, 👍:cheers:, that would be the best tv thing to watch, ever.

I also like my NBC local down here, and watch nightly news every night and download the ones I miss on my ipad. They have great sounds, something fox sucks at, good pictures, which abc sucks at, and makes them look actually 3-d, something that abc and fox both suck at...
 
Norisring is amazing. I wish they ran more races there.
 
I think at the end of the day...there is one thing we should be focusing on...and that there is a viable, highly competitive sports car series here in North America...

The 2 GT classes in particular are great...and like them or not, with NASCAR's deep pockets there will be money put behind this thing...

If the racing stays competitive, more and more teams/makes will be attracted to the series and it will only get better...

Things will be tweaked over time and will only get better...we have to remember we are bringing together two entirely different series with very different rules and trying to make it work...
 
Back