2014 United Sports Car Championship

  • Thread starter Thread starter Earth
  • 6,133 comments
  • 323,251 views
I find it sad that we in the United States have fans in other countries seeing coverage before us

The ending was great and once I saw the tire blow out I was happy for the 10 team.
The racing seems great, but the PR sucks.
Get it together IMSA if you want more fans to support your series.
And thanks for the live stream, I mean, NO thanks.

Hey! I can use the LIVE timing and scoring for the Indy race while watching a LIVE race on TV!!
 
I wasn't sure what to expect, but it was an excellent race. The track sucks; however, I'd rather see Kansas than Belle Isle or Long Beach though...
Yuck. My least favorite track of all is Kansas. I don't mind LB or Belle Isle.

Insanity at the finish. I was excited. I was cheering for Westy to get Ricky there at the end. The GTD race was superb. Tough luck for Flying Lizard and AIM there getting tangled up in T1

I root for Wayne Taylor racing but I like Westy as a driver. And I feel for Flying Lizard, from last race a sure victory on last lap then running out of gas. Then todays misfortune.
 
Last edited:
I root for Wayne Taylor racing but I like Westy as a driver. And I feel for Flying Lizard, from last race a sure victory on last lap then running out of gas. Then todays misfortune.
I like SoD the most of all the full season prototype teams.

I'm really feeling for the Viper Exchange team. They were penalized yet again, but Bleekemolen kept ahead of the whole field at the end of the race. They should be the ones in victory lane
 
I like SoD the most of all the full season prototype teams.

I'm really feeling for the Viper Exchange team. They were penalized yet again, but Bleekemolen kept ahead of the whole field at the end of the race. They should be the ones in victory lane
Agreed on the Viper. I don't understand the stop and hold penalty they got though. It wasn't for when they spun with the Audi was it?
 
Yeah it was, just a bit too optimistic of a move by Ben Keating probably cost them that one..
 
This what happened to me when I asked Magnus a twitter question :lol: :lol: :lol:

upload_2014-6-2_0-32-30.png
 
Ryan D Ya'll
 
I really like the format of the Kansas PC race. It gives the am drivers some quality seat time hopefully making less carnage at the Glen.

It's two 45 minute races with the am racing the entire first stint. The am can run the second one too, or the pro can come in and race the second race. One of the Bar1 am drivers is pulling the double
 
"It's safe to say Andretti is a thousand percent interested in returning to sports car racing," Lopes added. "But there's also a lot that needs to happen between now and next year for that to happen."
The article summed up in a sentence. "We want to come back, but we need money/sponsors/renters"

Wonder why all these LMP2 teams are coming to TUSCC because LMP2s are running 5 horse Briggs and Stratton motors to be slow enough for those old, ugly, and dumb DPs and the races are rigged by NASCAR in a black helicopter throwing cautions every time a morsel of debris is out there. :p
 
I really like the format of the Kansas PC race.
I did not know it was to be a combined event with the Prototype Lites.
Certainly more interesting knowing there will be another class out there with them(PC).
...And
And


Thanks for posting those. 👍
 
Forecast for Kansas calls for heavy rain and thunderstorms. Looks like night racing with rain on a track that's 99.99% oval. What could possibly go wrong :lol:
 
Forecast for Kansas calls for heavy rain and thunderstorms. Looks like night racing with rain on a track that's 99.99% oval. What could possibly go wrong :lol:

No race obviously and it being rain delayed.
 
Forecast for Kansas calls for heavy rain and thunderstorms. Looks like night racing with rain on a track that's 99.99% oval. What could possibly go wrong :lol:
No race obviously and it being rain delayed.
I guess it's a good thing that IMSA does not have to worry about a TV broadcast.

It appears no IMSA TV for Kansas either.
Though somebody (IMSA I suppose) had additional cameras track side at Lime Rock, there are no plans to air the races, anywhere.

On a good note, I'll be headed to the Glen (new home track), if the weather looks good.
 
I can see Andretti running Daytona and Sebring as test rounds for a Lemans 24hr run but not a full season.
 
I don't know why just the PC cars are appearing at Kansas, when in Grand Am, DPs and GTDs appeared in the past.
If I was organising the event, I would have the PCs be joined by the GTLMs and GTDs at least, even if the actual DP and LMP cars can't turn up.
It would be more interesting than just having 10 PC cars running.
 
I don't know why just the PC cars are appearing at Kansas, when in Grand Am, DPs and GTDs appeared in the past.
If I was organising the event, I would have the PCs be joined by the GTLMs and GTDs at least, even if the actual DP and LMP cars can't turn up.
It would be more interesting than just having 10 PC cars running.

I thought it was due to the size of the track or facilities? Even three classes is still more than the two Grand Am only had.
 
I don't know why just the PC cars are appearing at Kansas, when in Grand Am, DPs and GTDs appeared in the past.
If I was organising the event, I would have the PCs be joined by the GTLMs and GTDs at least, even if the actual DP and LMP cars can't turn up.
It would be more interesting than just having 10 PC cars running.
The PC cars will be on the track at the same time as the IMSA Prototype Lites cars.

The Conti series cars are in Kansas as well this weekend.

Schedule

Live timing seems to be the only coverage.
 
Well if IMSA is going to do a race with just the Prototype Lites and Prototype Challenge cars, they should do a race where they have just have the GTD, and GS cars...maybe even throw in the GTLM cars... :p . Of course I understand that the reasoning for the setup of this race is because that most of the P and GTLM cars (and a team or two from GTD) are at Le Mans, but still.

I'm curious, does IMSA have any plans of updating the PC car? The FLM09?
 
Well if IMSA is going to do a race with just the Prototype Lites and Prototype Challenge cars, they should do a race where they have just have the GTD, and GS cars...maybe even throw in the GTLM cars...
Speaking of GS, I miss the RX8/Mazda6 (Atenza, for those JDM-heads) racers from Grand-Am. I realise that the RX8 was most likely retired because it was going out of production, but the Mazda6/Atenza should have kept running in the USCC. It'll be no match for the GTLM cars overall, or the GTD cars for speed (after all, 99.9% of the GTD cars have some form of participation in GT3 championships such as SGT300, Pirelli World Challenge, heck, even the two Blancpain Series), but it will probably have the reliability to have good results. Why not bring that back?
 
Last edited:
And thanks for the live stream, I mean, NO thanks.
What's wrong? Isn't it already available globally, or have those ****heads at FOX shut out the rest of the world from their streaming?
Most of the time I wait for the race to be uploaded to YouTube (the USCC does officially upload the entire race from start to finish onto YouTube, usually the day after the race). I'm not a fan of live streaming. Really stupid considering you could just watch it on TV.
 
Here is the coverage for tonight's Conti event.

TRG 👍
 
The Aston got a long overdue first win in Conti. Go TRG!
 
Anyone heading out to Watkins Glen for the 6 hour next weekend?
 
Anyone heading out to Watkins Glen for the 6 hour next weekend?
I will be if the weather looks good.

A friend has some camping area inside, around turn 10.

If it looks like afternoon storms I'll probably go but if it looks to be rainy all weekend I'll watch from the couch.
I hope it's nice as I've never been to the Glen and it's a packed weekend of racing.
 
If I didn't use up the last of my PTO on my anniversary hell yeah I would. Maybe next year.

Funny thing is I'll be spending 3 days in the area camping for my anniversary as well. :dunce:
 
Back