2016/17 Europa League

• Thread starter Liquid
  • 187 comments
Ajax have been taken to the cleaners...

Man Utd have played well and that CL place is a massive prize 👍

United spent like €300m every summer yet are playing football like Wolverhampton - in a final against a team of 18 year olds.

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

All Ajax needs to do is keep this team together and they're set for the future. You now have a squad of youngsters with a final under their belt.

Congrats to Man U for winning the Champions League ticket.

That was ugly... Need something more if Man U wants to be back among Real, Bayern...

That was what I was thinking as well.

This Man U will get pummeled in the Champions League.

Also, possibly 5 English teams in the group stages?

To all the people on here and on Twitter talking about the way we play ill just say this...

Right now I don't give a ****ing ****!!!!

Congratulations Manchester United. 👍

I'll always be bitter seeing Mou with that trophy though after 2003.

Zlatan taking pictures in front of a banner:

Zlatan, stay and you can shag my wife. :lol:

Also.

Mourinho looks very happy for winning a league he felt that it would be a disappointment.

Yes, well done United for grinding out a result with a team whose starting eleven cost 5% of yours.

Unlucky Ajax and fair play to them for that guard of honour, wasn't their night tonight but the future is very bright for their young team 👍

Yes, well done United for grinding out a result with a team whose starting eleven cost 5% of yours.

I think that Pogba alone is worth more than the starting eleven and the bench combined.

I'm listening to the post-match punditry on BT Sport HD, and they have made it quite clear what Manchester United need to do next season... top of the list is to score more goals, closely followed by not letting the other team score. Ultimately, they need to score more goals than their opponents in any given match, and to sustain this throughout the season such that they win more games than other clubs, thus leading to a situation where they finish higher in the league than anyone else.

I'm listening to the post-match punditry on BT Sport HD, and they have made it quite clear what Manchester United need to do next season... top of the list is to score more goals, closely followed by not letting the other team score. Ultimately, they need to score more goals than their opponents in any given match, and to sustain this throughout the season such that they win more games than other clubs, thus leading to a situation where they finish higher in the league than anyone else.
Did they get Owen back?

Oh MY GOD. THAT IS GENIUS.

Why didn't anyone else ever thought of that!

Post Script: Manchester United do not join Bayern München, Ajax and Juventus in winning every possible international competition.

Only Juventus have done it; they were winners of the UEFA Intertoto Cup in 1999.

It was UEFA sanctioned, it counts.

Last edited:
In your face haters

skysports-europa-league_3962091.jpg

I really liked the bit in the dressing room afterwards where, after a week in which the clubs were presenting a unified front due to the incident at the MEN, the United players were filmed singing "Why don't City 🤬 off home".

Which is odd as they weren't playing City...

I really liked the bit in the dressing room afterwards where, after a week in which the clubs were presenting a unified front due to the incident at the MEN, the United players were filmed singing "Why don't City 🤬 off home".

Which is odd as they weren't playing City...
If I'm honest, and it may sound horrendously offensive if taken the wrong way, but the constant referencing to the MEN incident was really grating on me. I understand it pre and post match but there must have been at least 20 times during the match the commentators would say about "playing for much more than just the title and champions league football next year, playing for them who lost their lives". I honestly with no disrespect to Jose Mourinho would pretty much expect him to do everything he could to have them forget about the MEN stuff. As if there wasn't enough riding on the season finale match already I don't think some of them players would do better with the thought of the children on their minds too.

If I'm honest, and it may sound horrendously offensive if taken the wrong way, but the constant referencing to the MEN incident was really grating on me. I understand it pre and post match but there must have been at least 20 times during the match the commentators would say about "playing for much more than just the title and champions league football next year, playing for them who lost their lives". I honestly with no disrespect to Jose Mourinho would pretty much expect him to do everything he could to have them forget about the MEN stuff. As if there wasn't enough riding on the season finale match already I don't think some of them players would do better with the thought of the children on their minds too.
I had similar thoughts about Dortmund seemingly getting a pass for bowing out of the CL to Monaco. The commentary kept referencing how it was 'affecting their performance' and that jazz - I felt it was very disrespectful to Monaco, who outplayed them in both legs.

I understand that these are atrocities, but these players are paid to play so I like to think they always give it their all outwith any external factors.

They played a strategy to nullify the threat presented by Ajax. That was successful. Totally. It wasn't nice to watch, and that comes from a lifelong United fan.

Since when does the value of a player show how good he is? You think a £40 millon player is ten times better than a £4 million player?

United have underperformed for a while now. I don't see that changing anytime soon.

All Ajax needs to do is keep this team together and they're set for the future. You now have a squad of youngsters with a final under their belt.

Congrats to Man U for winning the Champions League ticket.
I don't know I can't see Ajax holding on to this group, last night was their chance I feel, I'd say there will be a lot leaving this summer, unfortunately.

Back