2016/17 Europa League

• Thread starter Liquid
  • 187 comments
Last 16 starts tomorrow, United away to Rostov on a terrible pitch, Shaw and Rooney haven't traveled, Mkhitaryan might play, Zlatan will probably play now he has got his three game domestic ban.

Great comeback by Lyon Winning 4-2 against Roma, first half was patchy after they got the first goal and went down 1-2 but drilled in 3 in the second half to give them a decent shot for the away leg.

They might not be going good domesticly but it seems like they are doing a decent job in Europe for a change to make up for it.

Good strong team named by Mourinho tonight, should be a comfortable night, Lets do it!

Well, Lyon beat Roma 5-4 after 2 matches. :rolleyes:

And not really pleased with Uniteds poor performance against Rostov. :irked:

Teams up for the next round draw:

Ajax (NED)
Anderlecht (BEL)
Beşiktaş (TUR)
Celta Vigo (ESP)
Genk (BEL)
Lyon (FRA)
Manchester United (ENG)
Schalke (GER)

Will be drawn 13:00 CET on Friday 17th. Just after the CL matches.

Not the worst draw by any means. ;)

Still Anderlecht isn't a team in which we should expect a walkover. Specially with the current poor form that United shows.

Ajax is playing Schalke silly at the moment. 2-0 so far but loads of missed chances.

Edit. Apparently there are riots at the Lyon - Besiktas game. The pitch has been flooded by people fleeing the stands.

Lyon-Besiktas kicked off 45 minutes late, Lyon won 2-1.

United were on course for a away win but a eqauliser just a few minutes from time meant it was 1-1, we still have a slight advantage of course but its frustrating as we dominated much of the match but once again we couldn't put our chances away.

Big night at Old Trafford tonight, been good in Europe at home this season, i expect that to continue...

Man. I'm no fan of Ajax but I really hope they'll go to the next round. Dutch football really needs a bit of success.

We beat the best team in the country on Sunday and now we cant finish off Anderlecht, so wasteful once again, extra time :grumpy:

FINALLY!!!!

2-0 behind in regular time making it 2-2 overall. 3-0 behind in overtime and a 3-2 finish. 3-4 overall.

**** YEAH.

edit.

Almost forgot to mention that Ajax played with a man down from the 80th minute.

Last edited:
United got through eventually via a great goal by Rashford at the start of second half extra time, made it hard for ourselves again though.

It would actually be a big boost if Ajax were able to win it.

Manchester United might still be considered favourites though.

Celta is fine. They're midtable in La Liga which is literally not scary.

I would have backed us to beat Lyon over two legs more than at a neutral venue, though. If they get through, anyway. Ajax aren't on the same level.

Back