2017 Blancpain Sprint Series Round 1 - Misano
March 31–April 2

upload_2017-4-4_14-10-16.png

• Track: Misano World Circuit, Italy
  • Circuit Length: 4.226km
  • Number of Corners: 16
  • Lap Record: 1 min 33 s 138 (2011)

Last edited by a moderator:
As it is, I have to avoid Motorsport.com, Autosport.com, Sportscar365.com, dailysportscar.com, Facebook, and Twitter until I am caught up on racing (which usually doesn't happen until mid November...)

Might have to add GTP to the list of "websites to avoid during racing season."

And what's wrong with the GT3 theead that already exists, full of discussion about BlancPain?

Apologies to all about the original thread title: that was an oversight that has now been fixed.

The article title doesn't flat-out name winners. It suggests one marque did much better than the others. Which is really no different than what you'll find at a good chunk of the sites @twitcher helpfully just listed.

And what's wrong with the GT3 theead that already exists, full of discussion about BlancPain?

The thread that was started over six years ago, that's currently sitting at 200 pages? There's your answer.

F1 races already receive their own dedicated threads. So does the current season of IMSA. Giant monolithic threads are unfriendly to anybody that isn't already intimately familiar with them. Not only that, but it makes it much easier for people to catch up on any races they may have missed: there's simply a thread to head into, instead of trying to guess at where relevant discussion picks up in a mega-thread.

We'll work closer with the community to avoid this issue moving forward.

Mercedes-AMG Locks Down and Mercedes-AMG dominated the top five ... I can't think of a more blatant way of putting out what happened during the race.
Oh, sorry you said you didn't listed the names of the winners. I guess that will be problematic with this little space in the title but you can try acronyms.

I understand that this kind of news should have a little bit of spoiler alert but I also understand that GTPlanet is a base ground for race enthusiasts and posting news about the racing world is part of their mission.
This event took place last weekend, is posted on YouTube and every passionate person can take an hour of his life to check the video even if you have to fast forward most of it.

I only watched the qualy night race and half of the main race but the tendencies are totally there. The big boys, the middle field and the (again) disappointment.
PS. Not a single Porsche team yet???

I can't think of a more blatant way of putting out what happened during the race.
Absolutely. I know just from reading that spoiler-laden title which car won, by how much and who drove it, not to mention all of the retirements and contentious issues that happened. Disgraceful.

I forgot Caitlin Wood is racing in GT3. She's a local from Maitland, 30 minutes from Newcastle CBD.

For all the Borinquen, Felix Juan Seralles got a mention during the broadcast. Good stuff.

Absolutely. I know just from reading that spoiler-laden title which car won, by how much and who drove it, not to mention all of the retirements and contentious issues that happened. Disgraceful.
When paired with an image of the #84 out in front, it certainly does give a major hint of who won and who won is the biggest spoiler of all.

But, curiously, the article itself doesn't mention who drove it, as the names "Maxi Buhk" and "Franck Perera" don't appear at all.

This event took place last weekend, is posted on YouTube and every passionate person can take an hour of his life to check the video even if you have to fast forward most of it.
Or maybe I was busy and still passionate enough to check an event that took place last weekend, dodging all the way for days all the major motorsport sites, including my e-mail newsletter, thank you very much. :) How about that?

Just have a look at the below response from SagarisGTB. :) As a part of the site more involved team maybe it will be better to have a look at the negatives 1st, hmm?
When paired with an image of the #84 out in front, it certainly does give a major hint of who won and who won is the biggest spoiler of all.

But, curiously, the article itself doesn't mention who drove it, as the names "Maxi Buhk" and "Franck Perera" don't appear at all.

Anyway. Maybe you can try to make up some kind of warning that a RL Results Reveal follows in the article.
I'm sure that will be appreciated by many who otherwise visit the site frequently.

Thanks.

Or maybe I was busy and still passionate enough to check an event that took place last weekend, dodging all the way for days all the major motorsport sites, including my e-mail newsletter, thank you very much. :) How about that?
Thanks.

Or maybe sometimes life is a little bitch and things don't go exactly the way we want it but as we grow older we learn how to deal with that a little better, don't we? ;)

Yeah that's absolutely a chequered flag image, with the finishing positions exactly as pictured. The bastards.

We're bringing motorsports news to the site. There's a limited number of ways you can report on news without mentioning the actual news parts of the news (particularly if you have a business to run and want to drive traffic to your site). We're going to stop short of article titles that contain actual results (unless there's a major incident), but it's insane to expect completely generic, beige titles and barmy to suggest that saying Mercedes dominates an endurance race where half the field* are Mercedes is a 'spoiler'.

These articles will be paired with existing threads in the forum, so you won't see the article titles on the forum unless you go to the thread for the race. If you want to avoid even the tiniest aspect of the outcome of a race set your GTPlanet bookmark to https://www.gtplanet.net/forum instead of https://www.gtplanet.net and avoid the motorsports forum.

Now, if we can stop the complaining - or at least put it where it belongs - and return to the race, that'd be peachy.

I forgot Caitlin Wood is racing in GT3. She's a local from Maitland, 30 minutes from Newcastle CBD.
Was she driving when her car wiped out two others who were putting her car a lap down (in the Qualifying race)?

Wasn't exactly a shining moment, although I'm not sure what the rules for overlapping in the series are though.

Was she driving when her car wiped out two others who were putting her car a lap down (in the Qualifying race)?

Wasn't exactly a shining moment, although I'm not sure what the rules for overlapping in the series are though.

Yes she was in the car. She did not get a penalty because she made room for one car to lap her as she did not see the Mclaren and the Mclaren was pushing the Huracan to the outside anyway. The Stewards shared her view on that.

Back