2019 Le Mans 24 Hours: Preview, Live Streams, Schedules and Discussion

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 472 comments
Grats to Toyota for having a fast car capable of running for 24 hours, but this series might as well be in hibernation now until the hypercars arise. Even the atmosphere here on GTP hasn't felt anything like previous years, even two years ago when we had two contenders for victory, was like a party round here. Rest of the years with the modern LMP1s too, fantastic. But Toyota (and the ever-farcical BOP) have sucked the life out of the thing this season, and GTE Pro's plight means the championship will certainly be dormant for a year at least. Bring on Aston Martin...

Ok Fia/Aco, now that Toyota has had its fun, how about giving the privateer teams a true change to compete for the win instead of treating them with disrespect considering the allowed power level.

Lets us see worthy race next year to send the current prototypes go with a big bang. Ok?

Last time by, #8 did 3:24.0.

#7 did 3:19.7! Lopez is on a mission.

It's possible the n8 was saving the car to avoid past misfortunes.

Congratulations to Toyota, Signatech Alpine, AF Corse and Keating Motorsports for their class victories this year. 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th can't be a bad send-off for the factory Fords, either.

I think it's a bit of a failure for Ford. Having 4 shots at a podium finish and missing it.

Congrats to winners. Very glad to see Alpine win, always rooted for them. For next year I'd like them to remove this studio segment thing. I'm here for racing, commercials already take me away from it I don't need more things getting air time.

What in the hell just happened with the #7!?
So, it transpires that Toyota changed the tyre that wasn't punctured, costing the #7 an extra pit stop and a lap on a punctured tyre...
What's the conspiracy theory on the #8 about?
If I were to guess, I'd say it's because people think that Toyota won last year with the #8 and wanted to win it with the same car (and more senior Japanese driver Nakajima, and outgoing figurehead Alonso) so would deliberately hobble the #7 in a small way to allow the #8 to win - say, by changing the wrong tyre at an unscheduled pit stop...

So, it transpires that Toyota changed the tyre that wasn't punctured, costing the #7 an extra pit stop and a lap on a punctured tyre...

If I were to guess, I'd say it's because people think that Toyota won last year with the #8 and wanted to win it with the same car (and more senior Japanese driver Nakajima, and outgoing figurehead Alonso) so would deliberately hobble the #7 in a small way to allow the #8 to win - say, by changing the wrong tyre at an unscheduled pit stop...

giphy.gif

Best bit is that while they saved a bit of time changing only the one wheel, it was probably the difference between winning by 10 or 15 seconds if they had changed all 4 and losing by 15 seconds after pushing like mad to make up for the extra stop. I love endurance racing. :cheers:

Well, that’s the 87th 24 Hours of Le Mans consigned to the history books.

Congratulations to all the class winners, and commiserations to those who didn’t make it to the finish.

And a big... no, massive shout out goes to the marshals who help to make races like these possible.

Now, if you’ll excuse me...

tenor.gif

So sad for Corvette Racing. Are they not doing a Ford and selling their chassis to customer teams next year?

Well, that’s the 87th 24 Hours of Le Mans consigned to the history books.

Congratulations to all the class winners, and commiserations to those who didn’t make it to the finish.

And a big... no, massive shout out goes to the marshals who help to make races like these possible.

Now, if you’ll excuse me...

tenor.gif
I'll be awake until about 6PM otherwise I'd be waking up in the middle of the night.

So sad for Corvette Racing. Are they not doing a Ford and selling their chassis to customer teams next year?

I do not believe so, it's not their thing to have customer teams running their GT cars - which is why we never got to see the Cadillac GT3 outside of Pirelli World Challenge.
The only exception I can remember is Callaway in the ADAC GT Masters series, but I think they do their own development work and aren't a true customer team.

If someone actually knows of any other teams, feel free to correct my hungover-induced misinformation...

GM is basically against selling anything to anyone.. I doubt Larbre will run GTE AM again until the C8.R is a year old. I know a few years ago another AM team ran a C7.R but not sure what the condition there was.

I do not believe so, it's not their thing to have customer teams running their GT cars - which is why we never got to see the Cadillac GT3 outside of Pirelli World Challenge.
The only exception I can remember is Callaway in the ADAC GT Masters series, but I think they do their own development work and aren't a true customer team.

If someone actually knows of any other teams, feel free to correct my hungover-induced misinformation...

They've been fairly open when it comes to selling their DPi.

And the only involvement GM has in the Callaway is giving them permission to do it (so long as it doesn't directly compete with other GM cars).

GM is basically against selling anything to anyone.. I doubt Larbre will run GTE AM again until the C8.R is a year old.

I don't even know if Larbre has a relationship with GM anymore as it seems like things soured a couple years ago when they were trying to convince GM to field a full-time GTE-Pro car in WEC.

I know a few years ago another AM team ran a C7.R but not sure what the condition there was.

That was Team AAI in 2016 and O'Connell was one of the drivers. Not sure if him driving was the condition of the deal or if it was put together to give him one last Le Mans though.

Well the €10 Euros or so was well worth it for the stream. Exciting racing at all points where I dipped in, and great to see Alonso doing good again

Will buy again next year.

Ferrari better take that 488 and put it in the museum damn it.

At least that car produces results for the brand.

Not the best send off for Ford, but I’ll take the win in AM. Hopefully this means more privateers take up the cars.

BMW had an absolute horrid send off, and I hope their IMSA squad can help us make us forget.

I forgot Aston Martin existed this race after several hours.

I don't even know if Larbre has a relationship with GM anymore as it seems like things soured a couple years ago when they were trying to convince GM to field a full-time GTE-Pro car in WEC.
Yeah I know they wanted to do that, GM wouldn't allow it, so they went to P2.

That was Team AAI in 2016 and O'Connell was one of the drivers. Not sure if him driving was the condition of the deal or if it was put together to give him one last Le Mans though.
Right, I forgot about Johnny. That’s probably why they put that together, I don’t think there’d be any other reason.

I still find it a bit neat that all 4 Ford GTs finished next to each other in positions. Yes, there were separated by at least 20 seconds to over a minute from each other, but to have the 4th to 8th positions in GTE Pro being Ford GTs was neat.

I'll be seeing you again next weekend for the Nürb 24h race. Until then, get some rest. :P:lol:

Where is the coverage for the Nuburgring 24 Hours going to be? NISMOTV had it last year but I don't know if the new channel will carry it on Youtube.

Back