2019 Le Mans 24 Hours: Preview, Live Streams, Schedules and Discussion

Discussion in 'Motorsport' started by R1600Turbo, May 28, 2019.

1. andrea

andrea

Hey look, Ferrari won something this year.

Quakebass, Carbon_6, Rotorist and 6 others like this.
  2. C-ZETA

C-ZETA

Grats to Toyota for having a fast car capable of running for 24 hours, but this series might as well be in hibernation now until the hypercars arise. Even the atmosphere here on GTP hasn't felt anything like previous years, even two years ago when we had two contenders for victory, was like a party round here. Rest of the years with the modern LMP1s too, fantastic. But Toyota (and the ever-farcical BOP) have sucked the life out of the thing this season, and GTE Pro's plight means the championship will certainly be dormant for a year at least. Bring on Aston Martin...

Cano and SilkCutXJR like this.
  3. Savolainen83

Savolainen83

Ok Fia/Aco, now that Toyota has had its fun, how about giving the privateer teams a true change to compete for the win instead of treating them with disrespect considering the allowed power level.

Lets us see worthy race next year to send the current prototypes go with a big bang. Ok?

Quakebass, raven214, Cano and 5 others like this.
  4. zzz_pt

zzz_pt Premium

It's possible the n8 was saving the car to avoid past misfortunes.

I think it's a bit of a failure for Ford. Having 4 shots at a podium finish and missing it.

5. AnthonyD1993

AnthonyD1993

The 7 changed the wrong tire on the intial puncture warning.

6. Downhill Dino

Downhill Dino Premium

Congrats to winners. Very glad to see Alpine win, always rooted for them. For next year I'd like them to remove this studio segment thing. I'm here for racing, commercials already take me away from it I don't need more things getting air time.

raven214 and Carbon_6 like this.
  7. Famine

Famine Administrator

So, it transpires that Toyota changed the tyre that wasn't punctured, costing the #7 an extra pit stop and a lap on a punctured tyre...
    If I were to guess, I'd say it's because people think that Toyota won last year with the #8 and wanted to win it with the same car (and more senior Japanese driver Nakajima, and outgoing figurehead Alonso) so would deliberately hobble the #7 in a small way to allow the #8 to win - say, by changing the wrong tyre at an unscheduled pit stop...

Rotorist and kjeldsen like this.
  8. Carbon_6

Carbon_6

[​IMG]

raven214, DaigoD and Savolainen83 like this.
  9. zzz_pt

zzz_pt Premium

I don't knowhow that happens. I thought they had changed both right side tires.

10. Torneo

Torneo

Really happy to see AF Corse Ferrari win, but I hope the privateer LMP1's will have a real chance next season.

raven214, Rotorist, Brzlav and 2 others like this.
  11. Morgoth_666

Morgoth_666

Best bit is that while they saved a bit of time changing only the one wheel, it was probably the difference between winning by 10 or 15 seconds if they had changed all 4 and losing by 15 seconds after pushing like mad to make up for the extra stop. I love endurance racing. :cheers:

12. FoxMulder

FoxMulder

Motortrend TV sucks. Shows a 24 hour race and hard cuts the podium to show something called Truck U.

raven214 likes this.
  13. Famine

Famine Administrator

That's motorsport fans for you. Everything is deep politics, from penalties right down to this sort of thing.

Carbon_6 likes this.
  14. ROAD_DOGG33J

ROAD_DOGG33J Premium

Appropriately titled :lol:

15. Carbon_6

Carbon_6

Well, that’s the 87th 24 Hours of Le Mans consigned to the history books.

Congratulations to all the class winners, and commiserations to those who didn’t make it to the finish.

And a big... no, massive shout out goes to the marshals who help to make races like these possible.

Now, if you’ll excuse me...

[​IMG]

16. Savolainen83

Savolainen83

And that's a wrap!

Congrats to the winners and other contestants.

And thanks for all the GTPlanet members :gtpflag: for hanging around and keeping the thread alive.

I'll be seeing you again next weekend for the Nürb 24h race. Until then, get some rest. :p:lol:

17. 2clicks

2clicks

So sad for Corvette Racing. Are they not doing a Ford and selling their chassis to customer teams next year?

18. Michelin

Michelin Premium

Brazilian drivers won in 3 of the 4 classes. Really happy with that! :D

Rotorist likes this.
  19. Tired Tyres

Tired Tyres

I'll be awake until about 6PM otherwise I'd be waking up in the middle of the night.

20. FireEmblem10

FireEmblem10

I do not believe so, it's not their thing to have customer teams running their GT cars - which is why we never got to see the Cadillac GT3 outside of Pirelli World Challenge.
    The only exception I can remember is Callaway in the ADAC GT Masters series, but I think they do their own development work and aren't a true customer team.

If someone actually knows of any other teams, feel free to correct my hungover-induced misinformation...

2clicks likes this.
  21. GTRacer22

GTRacer22 Premium

GM is basically against selling anything to anyone.. I doubt Larbre will run GTE AM again until the C8.R is a year old. I know a few years ago another AM team ran a C7.R but not sure what the condition there was.

2clicks likes this.
  22. Jarnokee963

Jarnokee963

Great edition to watch, unfortunately not for BMW. Corvette really deserbed more tbh.

2clicks likes this.
  23. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul

24. Northstar

Northstar Premium

They've been fairly open when it comes to selling their DPi.

And the only involvement GM has in the Callaway is giving them permission to do it (so long as it doesn't directly compete with other GM cars).

I don't even know if Larbre has a relationship with GM anymore as it seems like things soured a couple years ago when they were trying to convince GM to field a full-time GTE-Pro car in WEC.

That was Team AAI in 2016 and O'Connell was one of the drivers. Not sure if him driving was the condition of the deal or if it was put together to give him one last Le Mans though.

TheHun99, 2clicks and GTRacer22 like this.
  25. Phaceless_Ph

Phaceless_Ph

I'll just leave this here...
    [​IMG]

TheHun99, raven214, Tak[TEC] and 5 others like this.
  26. Slapped

Slapped Premium

Well the €10 Euros or so was well worth it for the stream. Exciting racing at all points where I dipped in, and great to see Alonso doing good again

Will buy again next year.

27. sumbrownkid

sumbrownkid Premium

Ferrari better take that 488 and put it in the museum damn it.

At least that car produces results for the brand.

Not the best send off for Ford, but I’ll take the win in AM. Hopefully this means more privateers take up the cars.

BMW had an absolute horrid send off, and I hope their IMSA squad can help us make us forget.

I forgot Aston Martin existed this race after several hours.

28. GTRacer22

GTRacer22 Premium

Yeah I know they wanted to do that, GM wouldn't allow it, so they went to P2.

Right, I forgot about Johnny. That’s probably why they put that together, I don’t think there’d be any other reason.

29. RandomCarGuy17

RandomCarGuy17

I still find it a bit neat that all 4 Ford GTs finished next to each other in positions. Yes, there were separated by at least 20 seconds to over a minute from each other, but to have the 4th to 8th positions in GTE Pro being Ford GTs was neat.

Michelin Man likes this.
  30. Jezza819

Jezza819

Where is the coverage for the Nuburgring 24 Hours going to be? NISMOTV had it last year but I don't know if the new channel will carry it on Youtube.