2019 Le Mans 24 Hours: Preview, Live Streams, Schedules and Discussion

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 472 comments
I'm loving my Corvettes up front, but I really feel for Aston Martin. How can they be hurt that much by the BoP change - was it that drastic an amount?

Also, just like last year: what is the point of LMP1, or should I say, Toyota's battle to decide how they finish 1-2? How can an organization let the regulations/BoP be so bad across a class - especially the top class like this? It might as well be LMP1-A (Toyota) and LMP1-B (all other P1's). Several seconds a lap advantage is ridiculous. I would probably feel differently if I had a horse in that race and they had the advantage, but as a racing fan it is rather embarrassing to be honest.

Edit: I realize BoP is a tricky thing, but how can they consistently get it that wrong?
The top class with (near)unlimited spending always ends this way, always has and always will, it seems they never learn.

I'm loving my Corvettes up front, but I really feel for Aston Martin. How can they be hurt that much by the BoP change - was it that drastic an amount?

A “small” turbo boost reduction and 2 litres knocked off fuel capacity. They got a 5kg weight break, but that doesn’t mean much really.

Last edited:

Also, just like last year: what is the point of LMP1, or should I say, Toyota's battle to decide how they finish 1-2? How can an organization let the regulations/BoP be so bad across a class - especially the top class like this? It might as well be LMP1-A (Toyota) and LMP1-B (all other P1's). Several seconds a lap advantage is ridiculous. I would probably feel differently if I had a horse in that race and they had the advantage, but as a racing fan it is rather embarrassing to be honest.

That just seems to be how the organizers want it. There's pretty much always been two classes of LMP1, there just used to be 2 teams in the primary class and now unfortunately no one wants to race with Toyota. The non-diesels and non-hybrids never stood a chance which you could argue was partly due to being smaller/inferior teams but you could also argue it was never just due to that. I don't know all the specifics of the rules this year, but I remember last year a lot of complaining about how they had just made it official that even if the non-hybrids were somehow suddenly fast enough to keep up they simply weren't allowed to via lap time limits and fuel stint limits. It really is one combined class in name only.

Too bad about the Aston too, if they're having tire wear problems any percieved straightline advantage would probably have evened out in the end. I have no idea what happened with BMW. The wonderful world of BoP.

Edit: It's still been a cracking race in P2 and GTE Pro so far. :)

I've done that plenty in Gran Turismo and righted the car at the last moment to keep facing forward. It's fun when you get it right, but you need to be in the moment. He wasn't :(

It does when the field is as closely packed as GTE-Pro.

Everyone else bar the Corvettes got the same weight break too, yet the Astons are currently only ahead of the #82 BMW. Roughly 16 seconds behind the #81 BMW in 14th.

Last edited:
What’s up with the Fords? They seem quick enough to maintain some contact with the leading cars, but not slow enough to fall off.

Just not working the tires?

Also, I really hope AF Corse can win this one. Get out the way Porsche, you already got yours. :P

"Not missing any action". Err, yeah we are... Didn't see why the safety car entered the track!!

Instead we get to see Cole’s revolving wardrobe. The latest shirt looked like he cut up one of these for material.

9c23c9a8008af892.jpg

Next round of stops not long away for the GTE-Pros now, good to see the Fords turning in quicker lap times now they're working together, with the #68 and #69 catching that 4th placed #63 'Vette :sly:. The whole of GTE-Pro is so close though, first group of 7 cars are more or less within 10 seconds of each other, with 8th and 9th only a few seconds behind 👍.

In GTE-Am the other #85 Keating Ford is running very well, with a nice lead of the chasing pack, solid stuff.

Edit: Track officially declared wet, just a small shower at them moment.

I'd rather have safety cars.
Safety cars totally invalidate Endurance racing. If you have a lead it is wrong to take it away. If you are behind, it is wrong to give you a free pass back in the race.

Two new onboard streams on Youtube. One from each of the two Toyota team cars.

#86 Porsche stopped on track.

Also #64 Corvette’s just had a massive off at Porsche Curves. :eek: Clipped the #88 Porsche trying to get passed.

Back