2019 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter yellosnake
  • 986 comments
1. Um, teenagers haven't watched NASCAR since George W. Bush was president. IDK what was the point here.
2. That said, I do find it funny in a "laughing at people trying too hard" way
Self-deprecating humor in the hopes that it'll go viral and generate free publicity. Of course, the fact that they made a big announcement and reveal of it several days ahead of time means it won't, since they just spoiled the joke by giving away the punchline.

What a race by Ross Chastain!! He gets his first win in the truck series after an amazing race!! Oh man, that was good!

I rarely watch the Truck races but happened to catch this one. Feel bad for Friesen, but great job by the Watermelon Man. He made one heck of a save near the end. I don't know how he didn't go around.

Wish Blaney hadn't blown that tire. Really wanted to see the Bowman/Elliott battle run to the finish. Could still happen.

Damn, I wanted Bowman to win. Now 3 second places in a row. Congrats to Brad.

Well now we know, the package DOES work like NASCAR wanted it to....but only on a freshly repaved track...with multiple grooves...when it’s cool. So there you go.

It seems like for the umpteenth time this year across the 3 series a great finish was ruined by a probably unnecessary late caution, Jones was definitely going to catch Brad again and make it interesting before the 95 blew up.

Bowyer had about the same reaction I do when someone blocks me in GTS. And rightly so.

Kansas was a fine race. Congrats to Brad and Alex Bowman. The conditions and rules in force here made for almost perfect racing.

Bought this today.
IMG_3825.JPG
IMG_3826.JPG

HELL YEAH!! William Byron on pole!! Youngest ever pole sitter for the 600!

Last edited:
Really interesting to hear the comparisons that Harvick, Logano, and Boyer are making between the composite bodies of the Xfinity cars and the steel bodies of the cup cars. All of them seem to agree that the composite bodies are more forgiving with a blown tire than the steel bodies.

I'm 50/50 on what they just did. On one hand, I love that they did the moment of silence. On the other hand, I wish they had done it before the race instead of at the halfway point.

Last edited:
Back