2019 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter yellosnake
  • 986 comments
Race will start at 5:00 Eastern tomorrow and will air on FS1.

It's still going to be iffy. I live about 20 miles from the track ,and its looking like it could rain all day tomorrow.

What happens if Monday gets rained out? Will they move it to another date or just cancel the event?

It will probably a repeat of the 2007 August race at MIS and get run Tuesday. Ironically, that race lead my parents to not renew their tickets that they held for at least 10-15 years before that event.

Come on Michigan! Gimme a good race because I already missed Texas, and F1, well F1 was being F1 again.

Not sure if the package made it that much harder to pass the leader, or if Logano's car was just that much faster than everyone else. I mean, no one had anything for him until the final few laps, but they lost any chance of passing him once Jones spun and brought out the caution.
Other than that, I thought the racing was pretty good. Kinda like a toned down superspeedway race, where drafting was required, but the field was a spread out a bit instead of in a pack.

Brett Moffit has been declared the winner of yesterday's Truck Series race, after Ross Chastain failed post-race tech! (Front ride height too low) Chastain has been DISQUALIFIED, and will be classified as finishing last!

https://racer.com/2019/06/16/moffitt-declared-iowa-trucks-winner-after-chastain-dqd/
So none of that "encumbered win" nonsense they tried to "make sure the fans went home knowing who won"? No simply dropping a fine on the 44 team and then declaring the matter settled?

Well how about that. Certainly a lousy break for Chastain, but it's good to see the matter wasn't just quietly handwaved away like it would have been in the past. Maybe the days of Brian Jr.'s Traveling Automotive Circus really are over.

That’s in line with other incidents like that under caution. Brad Keselowski can pretty much thank Ted Musgrave getting suspended under similar circumstances back in the day for his entire career, since he was the substitute driver and got discovered by Dale Jr. So hopefully they give someone new a chance. But it’ll probably just be Myatt Snider.

At least 4 3 drivers are running paint schemes in honor of DW's final weekend. I always liked the Western Auto car.

Edit: Hamlin's is being run at Darlington. Thanks for the noticing the error, @Blood Eagle. 👍

Hamlin (Darlington)
D9mkCv7VAAAKGXc.jpg:large

Stenhouse
17-dw-sonoma.jpg

DiBenedetto
2019-95-sonoma-625x340.jpg

Ragan
38-thanks-dw-sonoma-frm.png

Last edited:
Just saw that the truck race is at scheduled for 10:30 to 12:30 Saturday night. Don't think I'm gonna be able to watch it. That's too late for me.

At least 4 drivers are running paint schemes in honor of DW's final weekend. I always liked the Western Auto car.

Hamlin
D9mkCv7VAAAKGXc.jpg:large

Stenhouse
17-dw-sonoma.jpg

DiBenedetto
2019-95-sonoma-625x340.jpg

Ragan
38-thanks-dw-sonoma-frm.png

Seemed like a bit of a wasted opportunity on the #11 car to run a #17 scheme, but I guess he’s run a few of the Junior Johnson-era schemes in the past at Darlington (and I feel like Pepsi has a tight grip on the Mountain Dew car and Pepsi Challenger)

At least they’re both running chrome numbers, but I can’t help but wish one of them went all the way and did the full chrome car.

Yes, you are right. Jayski had all these articles posted one after the other. The others were liveries for this weekend. I didn't notice Hamlin's was for Darlington. :boggled:

Don’t worry I thought it was for Sonoma too until I was watching practice and saw the regular FedEx car. Had to look it up lol

Didn't get to see it, but woke up this morning to see that Ross Chastain got the win last night at Gateway. So awesome for him.

Two finales- the NASCAR on FOX 2019 finale, and Darrell Waltrip calling his final race. I'm even seeing the hashtag #ThanksDW being used. Now onto the race itself.

There is NOTHING like seeing cars go left and right through corners, hammering through the gears, and letting the engine sing. That's the beauty of road racing, and I am often entertained watching stock cars go road racing. So this should be a great race as per usual. Good luck to all drivers and teams up in Sonoma.

I can only hope this is the last race that we have to hear "Boogity boogity boogity" and they don't make, like, Gordon say it next year.

Here we go. One final Boogity.
Edit: was pretty good.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back