2019 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter yellosnake
  • 986 comments
The Clint Bowyer interview with the random fan in the stands is one of the best things I've seen in a while.

Car covers are coming off. Getting ready to start this race.

And the big one happens. 6 or 7 cars involved including several in the top 10.

Half of the Top 8 is filled with drivers that I reallllyyyy want to win, chief of which being the 95, and they all look to have a decent chance. I've never been so on edge with 80 laps to go.

Edit: Erik Jones gets his first win in 2019! Larson 2nd, and Kyle Busch 3rd after hitting the wall chasing Jones. Matty D finishes 7th.

Last edited:
Had very low expectations for the new package at Darlington but was pleasantly surprised, it was a good race all the way through.

I recorded the race without the knowledge there was rain. Even recording multiple programs beyond the race on my TV guide (something I do every week just in case something like this happens, or if there happen to be multiple, long red flags) only got me a few laps into the final stage. Nuts. I really wanted to watch the rest of it.

Anyway, congrats to Jones. He's shown for some time that he could win a race that wasn't the crapshoot of a plate race.

Got my ticket to see "Blink of an Eye" next Thursday.

Blink of an Eye movie tickets with obscured info.png

Be sure to get your tickets soon if you plan on seeing it. Remember that it's a one night only event on September 12th.
https://www.fathomevents.com/events/blink-of-an-eye

I don't think Mikey is over Dale's death yet. But you know, it does still kinda hurt and I never even met Dale.

I expected more than a $13.50 ticket. Have a good time.

EDIT So I went over to Twitter and just saw this.

Last edited:
So, to say I'm excited would be a bit of an understatement.
Just bought tickets to see the Roval in person! It's gonna be my first race I've attended since spring Pocono 2015! And, I'm going with a friend who's never been to a NASCAR race before!

That’s a product of increasing the downforce and increasing corner speeds, they’re going to crash like Indycars.

Good thing those tires were there to catch Brad’s car.

Holy crap! Really big hit for Keselowski! Got caught by a tire barrier.

Jimmie Johnson spins in 2 in the middle of the pack, and into the wall!

And with that, Jimmie Johnson will miss the playoffs for the first time in his career.

Indy has become almost a comedy race the last few seasons. It was a great spectacle/novelty for the first 10 years it existed, then just fell into mediocrity because it was never exciting, and now the last few years it’s just taken on the total crapshoot of a plate race with none of the exciting side by side racing to go along with it. It’s just a bunch of big crashes caused by drivers having to a make hyper aggressive moves after restarts because you can’t pass once the cars get spread out. You either have to lead all day like Harvick or Larson have done today and cooperate to not wreck each other, or just cross your fingers and hope you avoid everything and end up with a top 10. Oh and add in a pit road you’re probably going to hit someone on at some point.

It’s interesting, but it’s not good racing by any stretch of the imagination.

This race looks to be heading the same way as the race 2 years ago that Kahne ended up winning after multiple overtimes.

Indy has become almost a comedy race the last few seasons. It was a great spectacle/novelty for the first 10 years it existed, then just fell into mediocrity because it was never exciting, and now the last few years it’s just taken on the total crapshoot of a plate race with none of the exciting side by side racing to go along with it. It’s just a bunch of big crashes caused by drivers having to a make hyper aggressive moves after restarts because you can’t pass once the cars get spread put. You either have to lead all day like Harvick or Larson have done today and cooperate to not wreck each other, or just cross your fingers and hope you avoid everything and end up with a top 10.

It’s interesting, but it’s not good racing by any stretch of the imagination.
You could also pull the Kasey Kahne and pit from the middle of the pack right before a giant wreck brings out a late caution, and luck your way into the lead because pitting doesn't automatically put you a lap down at this giant track.

Bubba and Tifft have both had great runs today, they’ve been in the top 15 all day regardless of the crashing. Both showing their trademark occasional flashes of brilliance.

With Larson crashing, Suarez having just pit, and getting the lucky dog, he might have just lost his chance to get into the playoffs. He's gonna start behind all the lead lap cars. Gonna be quite the challenge.

Edit: He will restart 23rd.

Last edited:
Kevin Harvick wins the Brickyard 400!
Darrel Wallace Jr. finishes 3rd!

NBC did a great job of making a race with no green flag passes (or even racing other than right after restarts and that time Larson caught Harvick before they pitted) for the lead seem exciting, I doubt Fox would’ve been up to that task.

Hopefully Gene Haas gives Bob Jenkins some cash since Suarez’s move wasn’t worth it.

Back