2019 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter yellosnake
  • 986 comments
Drivers in the 2019 Playoffs:
IMG_4314.JPG

Sorry for low quality. iPhone 5 camera.

Maybe with Suarez out of the playoff picture and Bowyer and Almirola first round exits, maybe someone at SHR will have the common sense and put Matt D in one of those cars. Personally would like to see him in the 10 or 41, Bowyer can at least provide good entertainment during rain delays.

Maybe with Suarez out of the playoff picture and Bowyer and Almirola first round exits, maybe someone at SHR will have the common sense and put Matt D in one of those cars. Personally would like to see him in the 10 or 41, Bowyer can at least provide good entertainment during rain delays.
I think Suarez still did enough to justify another season given how close he got in just his first season with the team.

And Almirola making the Playoffs two consecutive seasons is also solid. Plus Suarez and Almirola both bring sponsorship. Sadly, Cole Custer will likely take either's seat before Matty gets a shot even if they opened up.

If people could look past the media koolaid, they could see that there’s a driver ahead of the lord and saviour Matty D in points, who is in undeniably inferior equipment to the 95, who also has won an Xfinity championship where he had to overcome the odds, and keeps his car in one piece pretty much every week, and just keeps putting solid performances together, who deserves to be in top equipment more than anyone else (besides Ross Chastain). But he’s invisible and no one cares.

B89870AD-3EC8-4B2E-9B59-46DAC1FD7C34.jpeg

Don't they still have an affiliation with Hendrick?

Yes, but you can’t say Hendrick/Chevy are better than Gibbs/Toyota. And they don’t get personnel from the big team like LFR do.

JTG are also below Ganassi on the Hendrick totem pole.

That’s shocking. Not that Menard is retiring, but that they actually did the smart thing and put Matt in before Cindric (or even Custer who was in the Ford family)

He must have convinced one of his sponsors at the 95 (maybe Procore?) to come with him.

It’s a great move anyway for all parties.
I don’t think Cindric is in with a shot of winning the Xfinity title this year. I’d give him 1-2 more years there for him to really perfect his oval racing before bumping him up to cup. By that point, bad brad may be looking at retirement.

But damn, Penske is building one hell of a stable. With Brad, Joey and Ryan, MattyD and Cindric, and the potential of Scott McLaughlin coming to the states.

It could also be a move by Menards? I was just thinking the other day about how badly Menards sponsorship was wasted on Paul because they are happy and willing to throw money at every level of stock car racing.

I hope that Menards and maybe even Penske or the Wood Brothers or both or all three played a part in committing to him.

I was just reading about how Logano got his ride at Penske as a result of a good word by Keselowski to the Boss, so it's always a possibility that they spoke up on his behalf, too.

Absolutely awesome for him and I hope he continues to improve the level of performances with his equipment.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Blaney leave Penske soon, he’s clearly the #3 driver there. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him go to Hendrick in 2021 to either replace a retiring Jimmie or Bowman, it seems like he’d fit in better there.

I really hope McLaughlin comes over and races NASCAR, I still miss Ambrose, and Scott is younger than Marcos was when he came over and even more talented it seems. He certainly doesn’t have much left to accomplish in Supercars.

No doubt that Reddick will most likely perform better, but Hemric has been improving and deserves to be in Cup for a few years at least. Sucks that they’re getting rid of him and keeping Ty Dillon at Germain, but that’s the way it goes in 2019 I guess.

Reddick’s Broken Bow money, while I doubt it’s enough to pay for much more than a race or two, is still more money than Hemric brings to the table.

Jack Daniels is returning to RCR for the Roval.

I really wish they would incorporate some more pin-stripe into the livery, I always felt that was missing during the #07 years as well. Still a nice looking car though.

Jack Daniels is returning to RCR for the Roval.

I really wish they would incorporate some more pin-stripe into the livery, I always felt that was missing during the #07 years as well. Still a nice looking car though.

I'm just impressed they are rolling out an all black number 3. Most of the other black cars they have designed still have way too much of other colors mixed in.

Congrats to Truex on his back to back wins. I honestly could care less about Austin Dillon, he represents everything that is wrong with the current state of NASCAR

Joe Gibbs Racing gets their first 1-2-3-4!
Now been updated to just a 1-2-3

Jones was DQed after failing post race tech. Means he’s pretty much in a must win scenario for Roval. It’s gonna be wild next week. Can’t wait for Newman to begin his championship charge :lol:

I'm just impressed they are rolling out an all black number 3. Most of the other black cars they have designed still have way too much of other colors mixed in.
I just find it funny as I recall reading a line, allegedly from Richard himself, that there would never be another black #3. I mean the Dow car has black on it, but I guess this could be a technicality...it's MORE black than any Earnhardt car.
Either way, meh. Jack is name brand but they've again signed to a midling team, and not even the best driver in the stable.

It will be interesting to see how that plays out. Gibbs seems pretty much set for the next few years at least, so if LFR isn't competitive they may have a hard time keeping him under the umbrella.

Back