2019 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter yellosnake
  • 986 comments
I have no problem with the penalty when the driver makes a mistake himself. What bothered me was if a driver got booted going into the chicane and ended up missing it because of that, they would be penalized. Bubba got run into early, missed the first part of the chicane, and subsequently got penalized for it. Nevermind the fact he already lost some spots in the collision.

Anyway, did they mention on the broadcast what was wrong with Kyle Busch during the race? Other than the flat, all I saw of him was slowly rolling up to aftermath of crashes and when he took the car to the garage during the red flag. They mentioned he was 3 laps down, but I have no idea why. :confused:

Edit: Just searched...Busch had a broken sway bar.

I was wondering the same thing about Kyle during the race, they didn’t do a good job of covering that at all, I had to look at Twitter during the race as well. I guess he was locked into the next round of the playoffs so he didn’t matter

@Dotini agree about the spectacle but imagine how much better it would be if it wasn’t a cutoff race in the playoffs. Everyone was so concerned about points and getting a good finish all day, it seemed like people were constantly just letting people go past. It’d be really crazy if it was just a normal race with nothing to lose and everything trying their hardest to win.

Last edited:
@Dotini agree about the spectacle but imagine how much better it would be if it wasn’t a cutoff race in the playoffs. Everyone was so concerned about points and getting a good finish all day, it seemed like people were constantly just letting people go past. It’d be really crazy if it was just a normal race with nothing to lose and everything trying their hardest to win.
Does that sounds like a good argument for two Roval races in the season?

I'm surprised it took this long for them to do this.

At least now all those console NASCAR games that had the drivers names instead of the beer sponsors look more realistic

22F24C0C-F2D8-4395-AC1F-12D99AD7E19E.jpeg

Last edited:
It appears Logano broke an axle during the warm up laps before the green flag even fell. I’m no Logano fan but that sucks for him.

It appears Logano broke an axle during the warm up laps before the green flag even fell. I’m no Logano fan but that sucks for him.
Looks like the axle cap came off and the axle just fell out. Oof.

The Gen7 car, or as it's now being called, "Next Gen", is scheduled to have its first on track test today and tomorrow at Richmond Raceway. Austin Dillon will be shaking down the car.
Test won't be open to the media or the public.

Link to story

The Gen7 car, or as it's now being called, "Next Gen", is scheduled to have its first on track test today and tomorrow at Richmond Raceway. Austin Dillon will be shaking down the car.
Test won't be open to the media or the public.

Link to story
I'm gonna wait til the inevitable spy shots leak

I'm gonna wait til the inevitable spy shots leak

It’s going to have a generic body on it which won’t be indicative of what it actually looks like.

I imagine it will have the bigger wheels on it though

EDIT: Austin Dillon posted video of it on his Instagram

Last edited:
Here is our first look at the Next Gen car.

Edit: It has a diffuser!

Edit: Also...

Edit: Look at the new Splitter. Has a raised section in the middle instead of just flat. Similar to what was on the X-3 test car from a few years back.
New splitter.png
nascar x3.jpg

Edit: Exhaust exit on left side. Possibly on right side as well.
IMG_4440.PNG

Edit: Side skirts curve in behind the front tire.
IMG_4437.PNG

Edit: Comparison of the rear of the car to the current car. Notice the length of the rear quarter panel and deck lid.
IMG_4441.PNG

Last edited:
It’s going to have a generic body on it which won’t be indicative of what it actually looks like.

I imagine it will have the bigger wheels on it though

EDIT: Austin Dillon posted video of it on his Instagram

Not really a bad thing.

Here is our first look at the Next Gen car.

Edit: It has a diffuser!

Edit: Also...

Edit: Look at the new Splitter. Has a raised section in the middle instead of just flat. Similar to what was on the X-3 test car from a few years back.
View attachment 856534 View attachment 856533

Edit: Exhaust exit on left side. Possibly on right side as well.
View attachment 856607

Edit: Side skirts curve in behind the front tire.
View attachment 856606

Edit: Comparison of the rear of the car to the current car. Notice the length of the rear quarter panel and deck lid.
View attachment 856608

I like what I see. Still praying the solid rear axle is finally gone. Same with asymmetrical body mods.

If I can't stick my size 12 foot under the front end without scratching the tops of my shoes, this car is still going to drive like 🤬 in traffic.

if you think it's sitting low now, just wait until there is 185mph of air pushing down on the nose.

Here it is sitting on the ground.

next-gen-main-richmond-625x340.jpg

5 lug setup needs to go. Sorry Not Sorry.
Even with a generic body, I really like what I see here.
I can't wait to see the Goodyear lettering return on those tires. I'm getting Formula Drift/IMSA/Goodyear LMP tire vibe from them.

Porsche 911 GTLM will be on track sometime before the race. So for the one’s who record races, you might want to record Pre-race. Source is from commentary of the Road Atlanta race. I wish I was down there to see it turn left and bust my ear drums.

Hell yeah! William Byron leads at the end of stage 1!

Hell no! Cars being stopped on pit road due to rain.

So all the Chevy guys are talking about the Corvette...and the TV crews are not having it lol

EDIT: Who has videos of the Porsche and Dale Earnhardt's final Talladega car?

Race is postponed.
Racing will resume at 2:00 PM eastern on NBCSN.

Back