2019 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter yellosnake
  • 986 comments
Crazy stat of the day; since 2010, Kevin Harvick has only finished outside of the top 3 in points twice, both times in 8th place. :eek:

Had the race on, but was doing other stuff. Cleaning up the kitchen, etc. Race was ok, but seemed like Nascar pretty much told you in the pre-race that Kyle was going to win.

The potato was driving around as if he was the only one with a 750hp engine. He was just on different level today.

Had the race on, but was doing other stuff. Cleaning up the kitchen, etc. Race was ok, but seemed like Nascar pretty much told you in the pre-race that Kyle was going to win.
All they talked about in the pre-race was Kyle Busch and 200 wins.

Cup - 53
Xfinity - 91
Truck - 51
Total - 195

Presumably that's why they were blabbering about 200 so much. And I guess why the Petty comparisons, since they would be talking career wins and not just Cup wins.

Both 200s are flawed and not comparable to anybody else’s numbers. Busch for getting a lot of those by racing in the lower series and Petty for winning a number of 50 milers against 20 other cars, of which he had significantly more resources than.
Both true, but considering that this early in the season there really aren't any other "storylines" to talk about, I can see why they're latching onto it so hard. Especially since it's practically a guarantee that Kyle will hit that 200 mark, unless he just abruptly decides to retire next week or something.

If Jimmie Johnson got his 100th Cup win (or even just passed Jeff Gordon for third place in the list) or became Ol' Eight Time, personally I'd find that far more impressive. But the odds of either of those happening are becoming slimmer every season, especially now that Hendrick has younger drivers to focus on.

Cup - 53
Xfinity - 91
Truck - 51
Total - 195

Presumably that's why they were blabbering about 200 so much. And I guess why the Petty comparisons, since they would be talking career wins and not just Cup wins.

Especially since it's practically a guarantee that Kyle will hit that 200 mark, unless he just abruptly decides to retire next week or something.

You do know that he hit 200 last Sunday right? 53 Trucks, 94 Xfinity and 53 Cup.

In 30 years people will look back at champions in the current playoff system in the same way as they look at Petty and Busch’s 200 wins now. With asterisks and “...well, but...”

Last edited:
You do know that he hit 200 last Sunday right? 53 Trucks, 94 Xfinity and 53 Cup.
I should have figured the lists I looked up weren't fully up to date. That plus having to work Sundays and just being indifferent to anything that's not one of the "major" races anymore aren't helping my cause any either.

I should have figured the lists I looked up weren't fully up to date. That plus having to work Sundays and just being indifferent to anything that's not one of the "major" races anymore aren't helping my cause any either.

I hear you. I used to look at the win lists Jayski put out for all time wins and all time wins in 3 series. But ESPN pulled the plug on Jayski so the lists have not been updated since.

I'd love to see the old school Jayski site back. I wonder if they'll do anything like that.
That'd be a total nostalgia bomb, seeing that cluttered '90s web design built for 800x600 monitors. As much of a mess as it was, it had a real character to it that you don't get with websites these days.

I watched the race yesterday and was impressed with Keselowski's performance, great job leading so many laps and coming through with a win for Martinsville! 👍

Though I still wanted Elliott to win, hehe.

Yesterday was exhibit A for Jimmie Johnson’s career winding down. Outside the top 20 pretty much the entire race, worst of the Hendrick cars (Elliott was at the front, Bowman and Byron both had top 10 speed but Byron had non-stop issues all weekend), pretty much a lap down all race, all at what was historically one of his best tracks (and what should be one of the most driver-dependent tracks)

From the grandstands yesterday, the race was boring. There wasn't much passing, and no one had much of anything for Brad when the sun was out. Chase's little surge appeared to coincide with a little cloud cover, which quickly dissipated. Blaney seemed to have a really strong car on very long runs (100+ laps), but he couldn't get one to end the race. His drive up to second to end stage two was very impressive.

Yesterday was exhibit A for Jimmie Johnson’s career winding down. Outside the top 20 pretty much the entire race, worst of the Hendrick cars (Elliott was at the front, Bowman and Byron both had top 10 speed but Byron had non-stop issues all weekend), pretty much a lap down all race, all at what was historically one of his best tracks (and what should be one of the most driver-dependent tracks)
It's sad but I was thinking the same thing. I think the combination of a completely new crew chief and the fact that it seems like Johnson has not performed the same since stages were introduced.

This is the official NASCAR 2020 Schedule.

Sunday, Feb. 9 The Clash
(Exhibition)
Thursday, Feb. 13 Duels at Daytona
Sunday, Feb. 16 Daytona 500
Sunday, Feb. 23 Las Vegas Motor Speedway
Sunday, March 1 Auto Club Speedway
Sunday, March 8 ISM Raceway
Sunday, March 15 Atlanta Motor Speedway
Sunday, March 22 Homestead-Miami Speedway
Sunday, March 29 Texas Motor Speedway
Sunday, April 5 Bristol Motor Speedway
Sunday, April 12
(Off Weekend)
Sunday, April 19 Richmond Raceway
Sunday, April 26 Talladega Superspeedway
Sunday, May 3 Dover International Speedway
Saturday, May 9 Martinsville Speedway
(Night Race)
Saturday, May 16 All-Star Race at Charlotte (Exhibition)
Sunday, May 24 Charlotte Motor Speedway
Sunday, May 31 Kansas Speedway
Sunday, June 7 Michigan International Speedway
Sunday, June 14 Sonoma Raceway
Sunday, June 21 Chicagoland Speedway
Saturday, June 27/28 Pocono Raceway
(Double Header)
Sunday, July 5 Indianapolis Motor Speedway
Saturday, July 11 Kentucky Speedway
Sunday, July 19 New Hampshire Motor Speedway
Sunday, July 26
(Off Weekend)