2024 IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar ChampionshipSports Cars 

Indeed, about the Mustang. It’s like when the FR500 debuted. So much fire. So much talk about it and it made GT(production) racing more interesting.

RC F and Mustang, are the stars for me. :D

So I literally just learned that Ben Keating will not only have driving duties in the #2 United Autosports Oreca 07 in LMP2, but is also a driver for the #85 JDC-Miller 963 in GTP.

How the actual hell is that supposed to work? :odd:

So I literally just learned that Ben Keating will not only have driving duties in the #2 United Autosports Oreca 07 in LMP2, but is also a driver for the #85 JDC-Miller 963 in GTP.

He only has to drive the GTP car for 2 hrs to meet the drive time requirement.

12.13 - Minimum Drive-Time:GTP/GTD PRO Two (2) hours

12.13 - Minimum Drive-Time:LMP2/GTD:Four hours and thirty minutes (4:30)

12.14 - Maximum Drive-Time:ALL: Thirteen (13) hours max. / no more than four (4) hours in any six (6) hours

12.15 - Trueman/Akin Drive-Time: LMP2/GTD: Four hours and thirty minutes (4:30)

He's done it multiple times already. As @IforceV8 has described, the GTP minimum drivetime is quite low and he's gonna do that basically first (I mean shortly after he does the race start with the LMP2 car), and the rest of the race in the 85 will be done by the pros, while he's doing the LMP2 stints.

He did that with JDC-Miller a few years ago when they were running the Cadillac DPi. He just got all his required drivetime in the DPi early on in the race, and then focused on the LMP2 car he was driving for the rest of the event.

Thanks for the replies, all. I guess Ben Keatings antics are just something that I've managed to miss over the years.

Still seems crazy to me to do that much prep for driving two very different cars for different teams in the same 24-hour race. It kinda sounds like the sportscar equivalent of off-road racers trying to Ironman the Baja 1000.

I’m getting this set up so I can watch it next to my sim rig. 24 hours of Daytona and sim racing sounds like a nice weekend. All I need is some beer.

I’ll be cheering for the Acura GTPs and Hinch in that gorgeous Pfaff McLaren.

Last edited:
I'm travelling about 2500km today and by my fag packet maths that's about 438 laps of the Daytona Road Course.

Will be interesting to see how long it takes the cars to get there.

Getting set up with the Dubai 24!

IMG_20240127_180714.jpg

Back