Northstar

The Original Party Worm
Premium
United States
Anoka, MN
300px-WeatherTech_SportsCar_Championship_logo.png

2023-IMSA-WeatherTech-Sportscar-Championship-Calendar.jpg

Last edited:
CORE Autosport is closing as owner Jon Bennett has decided to retire.

Also sounds like Proton will be the second Porsche 963 customer team in both IMSA and WEC.

Have they ever done any races at Indy before? I feel that this is a first. I only started watching IMSA since the 2018 Season.

Last edited:
IMSA is by far my favourite series (actually I prefer the Michelin support series, but in all, my favourite). I'm crushed to see Mid-Ohio being booted for Indy. I'd have vastly preferred Laguna Seca get the axe.

Every year I'm the happiest when IMSA makes it to Watkins Glen, because the line-up of races mid-summer is easily the best combination of tracks in racing, bar none. Mid-Ohio was part of that beautiful stretch of tracks.

Still happy to see IMSA succeeding, but Mid-Ohio was always a damn good place to race.

Weird choice, but I don't hate it. Is this the first time Iron Lynx has run Lambos, or even run in the U.S. in general? I know them mainly from WEC running Ferraris right?

Weird choice, but I don't hate it. Is this the first time Iron Lynx has run Lambos, or even run in the U.S. in general? I know them mainly from WEC running Ferraris right?
It is. They were a Ferrari shop until this point, at least that's how I know.

Iron Lynx will run the Lambo LMDh program starting 2024, so they also changed their GT3 stuff.

Last edited:

Hopefully BMW will still run strong at the Rolex, even though they most likely won't be able to complete a 24h test before that. I'm honestly conflicted, I'm a fan of Porsche and BMW... In GTD/GT3 it's pretty easy at least because I don't particularly like the G82 M4 but the GTP M Hybrid looks stunning... if only this would be my biggest problem :)

Also, no customer 963s until April:

Lots of news tidbits here:

Not going to mention everything but the highlights for me:
  • BMW hasn't done any laps until the night practice, don't know if they did during that
  • fastest GTP cars were: #10 Acura, #60 Acura, #31 Cadillac, #02 Cadillac, #7 Porsche; best time: 1:36.103
  • Vanthoor to contest both Sebring races, 12h in GTD Pro, WEC most likely with 963, Dane Cameron and Christensen also on double duty in 963
EDIT: forgot to include MP's and Graham Goodwin's chat

Last edited:
I admit, while I think LMDH cars have a stronger chance of running well the first year (more spec parts, less wild and varied) - but I suspect we'll see a lot of "rough" first seasons for both LMH and LMDH, etc.

We've seen several occasions in the WEC where it looked like LMP2 cars would be winning major races, as the LMH cars have been spotty - even Toyota which is several years in already.

Makes for great endurance racing though.

I admit, while I think LMDH cars have a stronger chance of running well the first year (more spec parts, less wild and varied) - but I suspect we'll see a lot of "rough" first seasons for both LMH and LMDH, etc.

We've seen several occasions in the WEC where it looked like LMP2 cars would be winning major races, as the LMH cars have been spotty - even Toyota which is several years in already.

Makes for great endurance racing though.
Completely agree, it's gonna be fireworks one way or another, especially Le Mans.

Just reading about some new lineups for next year's championship. GTP might be the most exciting but man, GTD and GTD Pro will have some really nice additions... Priaulx, Sorensen, Gounon, Juncadella... On another note Lexus retains both #12 (GTD) and #14 (GTD Pro) full-season lineups.

Back