A new game update is coming 20.6.2018

So from what I'm reading I'm not getting much - the update is online, it's downloading for most as I can see - but has anyone actually tested it? Is there any change? Is there a new tire model, even slight differences? An update log capture, anything?

The fact that some people got the update is a bit strange, because up until now, the update was only functional and made available AFTER the maintenance, but from what I'm seeing, the maintenance is still in progress.

So from what I'm reading I'm not getting much - the update is online, it's downloading for most as I can see - but has anyone actually tested it? Is there any change? Is there a new tire model, even slight differences? An update log capture, anything?

The fact that some people got the update is a bit strange, because up until now, the update was only functional and made available AFTER the maintenance, but from what I'm seeing, the maintenance is still in progress.
I got the update and was able to play offline. I didn't notice any appreciable difference, it certainly didn't feel like AC! No idea if the update doesn't go 'live' until after the maintenance has finished however.

You must be unlucky. Each of the 20 or so updates I have had the update notification show up about 15 to 25 minutes after the maitenance starts and finishes before the maitenance period ends.

I got the update and was able to play offline. I didn't notice any appreciable difference, it certainly didn't feel like AC! No idea if the update doesn't go 'live' until after the maintenance has finished however.
Handling is live immediately. You just won't be able to see if there are any new cars or changes to the penalty system. Have they added Le Man's night ?

CJ

Handling is live immediately. You just won't be able to see if there are any new cars or changes to the penalty system. Have they added Le Man's night ?

CJ
Sorry just about to leave for work so have turned console off. I did a few laps in TT mode around Le Mans in GR.1 and chose 15.00 as the time. Don't remember seeing a night option but can't be sure.

Sorry just about to leave for work so have turned console off. I did a few laps in TT mode around Le Mans in GR.1 and chose 15.00 as the time. Don't remember seeing a night option but can't be sure.
So they have a 10pm time but its classed as sunset time.

Thanks mate!

So it should end at the end of September (excluding the live events).

Thats great, because that BASICALLY means that up until (around) the end of September, that is for the next 3 months or so, we will definitely NOT see any new updates regarding tire model, physics, or ANY new gr3/gr4 cars.

That is because a) you don't mess up the physics the people are used to mid-championship ; b) you don't add new gr3/gr4 options when, as stated by PD, you're stuck with your car selection for the duration of the whole championship.

Whoopie! I used to be a big GT/PD fan, and appreciate what they are doing. But considering the faulty tire physics, I will not be so keen on taking part in this championship. They've had wet tires since the launch. It's now what, 8-9 months since launch? No weather options. That's another minus.

I'm hoping AC Competizione comes to PS4, and in the meantime i'll be waiting for F1 2018 and WRC 8.

Is there anywhere to see live updates on how the server maintenance is going? Could only see the extended maintenance notice on gt.com.
Still down here in Aus

Thanks mate!

So it should end at the end of September (excluding the live events).

Thats great, because that BASICALLY means that up until (around) the end of September, that is for the next 3 months or so, we will definitely NOT see any new updates regarding tire model, physics, or ANY new gr3/gr4 cars.

That is because a) you don't mess up the physics the people are used to mid-championship ; b) you don't add new gr3/gr4 options when, as stated by PD, you're stuck with your car selection for the duration of the whole championship.

Whoopie! I used to be a big GT/PD fan, and appreciate what they are doing. But considering the faulty tire physics, I will not be so keen on taking part in this championship. They've had wet tires since the launch. It's now what, 8-9 months since launch? No weather options. That's another minus.

I'm hoping AC Competizione comes to PS4, and in the meantime i'll be waiting for F1 2018 and WRC 8.
You're making a lot of assumptions.
A) For manufacturer contracts, they did mention, "...make sure to have a long-term strategy in place when selecting one." It is possible PD plans to make tire/physics/weather changes to keep things interesting.
B) Gr. 3/4 cars can definitely still be added. Yes, everyone will be stuck in contracts and unable to use for FIA, but there's still daily races.

you don't add new gr3/gr4 options when, as stated by PD, you're stuck with your car selection for the duration of the whole championship

You would best be going with what you would think would be added in that case. Looking at new Gt3 cars Nissan md Ason would be a good bet.

Is there anywhere to see live updates on how the server maintenance is going? Could only see the extended maintenance notice on gt.com.
Still down here in Aus

That would be nice but I doubt it. They're like my Doc, an hour after my noon appointment time has passed, they tell me he can see me at 2pm.

Still down here :mad:

Its only 200Mb. Its just bug fixes.

Be that as it may, we should be getting a std. 9 car, 1 track update early June.

Hahaha get back to sleep.
:grumpy: Thanks, but now I'm having a hard time sleeping.. First, I got excited to try out the new Erroneous Assetto Corsa like - Tyre Model, and now I'm too angry to be able to fall asleep :indiff:.

No sorry mate, nobody got it yet, as we were lied to by Joe-dogs.

This updat is the best so far! The handling and the FFB is super now. The FFB reminds me very much of
Assetto Corsa now. Awesom!!!
You know, if you're going to be making any more corny and unfunny jokes in the future, you may want to use some of the wonderful emojis GTPlanet provides for us.

Your jokes may need them :).

You're making a lot of assumptions.
A) For manufacturer contracts, they did mention, "...make sure to have a long-term strategy in place when selecting one." It is possible PD plans to make tire/physics/weather changes to keep things interesting.
B) Gr. 3/4 cars can definitely still be added. Yes, everyone will be stuck in contracts and unable to use for FIA, but there's still daily races.

While Gr3/4 cars MIGHT be added in the meantime (less probable considering being stuck with the cars for the next 3 months, rather other cars from different categories), making vast changes such as tire physics would be very detrimental and mess up the championship - it does not make sense. Also, considering how the tire physics are as of now, weather conditions (rain/snow) will most definitely come after the tire model patch.

While Gr3/4 cars MIGHT be added in the meantime (less probable considering being stuck with the cars for the next 3 months, rather other cars from different categories), making vast changes such as tire physics would be very detrimental and mess up the championship - it does not make sense. Also, considering how the tire physics are as of now, weather conditions (rain/snow) will most definitely come after the tire model patch.
You very well could be right.

But for some reason, I have a feeling that PD is planning on throwing a curve ball at some point. It will make a good story about the winner overcoming a challenge that others couldn't handle.

Back