Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,182 comments
@Masscot Sorry half hour turned into an hour lol....go into CM and settings for Assetto Corsa and then go to controls. Choose the PATCH tab and find the entry for EXTRA LIGHT A. Change that to whatever you want and fingers crossed you'll be able to open and close the roof
Worked a treat, thanks! Mapped it to the right joystick button on my CSW, which I don't think was already in use. The roof opening and closing when sat in the cockpit in VR is amazing.
Thanks for this lovely detail @ELEMENT1999 :)

Now, how do I remap the instrument rotation in a similar way..?

Worked a treat, thanks! Mapped it to the right joystick button on my CSW, which I don't think was already in use. The roof opening and closing when sat in the cockpit in VR is amazing.
Thanks for this lovely detail @ELEMENT1999 :)

Now, how do I remap the instrument rotation in a similar way..?
Sweet. I kinda wish I had VR just to experience that now.
As for the instrument panel, maybe edit the config.ini in the extension folder and add this

[ANIMATION_1]
FILE=car_Door_L.ksanim
TIME=10
BIND_TO_EXTRA_B=1
TICK_TOCK_MODE=0
LOOP_KEEP_UNTIL_DONE=1
LOOP_WHILE_ACTIVE=0

You might have to play around with the TIME and other settings but try that and let me know if it works. Oh and remap the EXTRA_B to another button on your wheel

Last edited:
Sweet. I kinda wish I had VR just to experience that now.
As for the instrument panel, maybe edit the config.ini in the extension folder and add this

[ANIMATION_1]
FILE=car_Door_L.ksanim
TIME=10
BIND_TO_EXTRA_B=1
TICK_TOCK_MODE=0
LOOP_KEEP_UNTIL_DONE=1
LOOP_WHILE_ACTIVE=0

You might have to play around with the TIME and other settings but try that and let me know if it works. Oh and remap the EXTRA_B to another button on your wheel
That worked! Cheers matey :)
It moves super-slowly atm but I'll try to work out what controls the speed.
Immersion +1!

That powered roof is fantastic. Set a weather profile alternating between rain and sun and pull over to raise/lower the roof appropriately as the weather changes. :)

Edit: well that was easy. TIME=2 runs the animation in two seconds, which looks about right.

[ANIMATION_1]
FILE=car_Door_L.ksanim
TIME=2
BIND_TO_EXTRA_B=1
TICK_TOCK_MODE=0
LOOP_KEEP_UNTIL_DONE=1
LOOP_WHILE_ACTIVE=0

That worked! Cheers matey :)
It moves super-slowly atm but I'll try to work out what controls the speed.
Immersion +1!

That powered roof is fantastic. Set a weather profile alternating between rain and sun and pull over to raise/lower the roof appropriately as the weather changes. :)

Edit: well that was easy. TIME=2 runs the animation in two seconds, which looks about right.

[ANIMATION_1]
FILE=car_Door_L.ksanim
TIME=2
BIND_TO_EXTRA_B=1
TICK_TOCK_MODE=0
LOOP_KEEP_UNTIL_DONE=1
LOOP_WHILE_ACTIVE=0

No worries, it was a bit of a guess so I'm glad it worked :D

I had a feeling the time being set at 10 was gonna be too long but good to see you got it worked out and yeah 2 seconds is probably right for a flip dash. We're not in the days of Astra GTEs and Alpine screens that took a week to flip out anymore ;)

hi all, I have one specific mod AI car head-light don't show up at night, rest of the cars are ok, so it must be down to own individual setting in those *.ini files, can someone point me right direction which one to modify so it will auto light up at night ? ( I can manually turn on head light without issue )

Aww thank you for your kind words....oh hang on!!
Honestly mate, you're more likely to get ignored with an attitude like yours. Maybe help out some people first in here before expecting everyone to jump on your question and help you out. :gtpflag:
For several years spent in this forum, the first time I hear that you need to help first, and then ask for help. You are the best! What happened to the community? You are discussing cooling, processor, etc. on several pages in a row and this is normal. But it is worth saying that the question remained unanswered, you are talking nonsense! I am far over 50 years old and I do not understand modding, but I can find help for myself here. How can I help you? Money? Personal address to Mr. Boo - go down to the earth and think that you are responding to people!

For several years spent in this forum, the first time I hear that you need to help first, and then ask for help. You are the best! What happened to the community? You are discussing cooling, processor, etc. on several pages in a row and this is normal. But it is worth saying that the question remained unanswered, you are talking nonsense! I am far over 50 years old and I do not understand modding, but I can find help for myself here. How can I help you? Money? Personal address to Mr. Boo - go down to the earth and think that you are responding to people!

I'm not sure I really get your point. I was just saying that sometimes a little help or maybe joining in a very active forum and being polite and helpful can yield results and answers. Please correct me if I'm wrong but surely a bit of common decency goes a long way in this world...(although judging by a lot of comments and people nowadays I'm not sure that's true anymore)The way I see it is you can't just jump in and expect help from people and then get the hump when no one actually helps you out because of a variety of reasons.
Also I have no idea why you chose to comment about the thread being pages long about a cooling issue when I had nothing to do with any of those posts as an example of your problem with ME.

Actually you know what who actually cares right..lets all be a bunch of dicks about things and throw hissy fits because no one responded to a question that was probably answered here already.

Also not being funny but several years spent in this forum - yet you joined in April last year...my maths must be a bit crap then!!

Last edited:
@MrWaflz55 And anyone else that wants it :)

Just finished the Starion skin - I think it looks alright but haven't tested it in game....

Any chance someone can have a look and let me know if it needs anything changing? :cheers:

https://mega.nz/#!SKBn2aza!uQ8tpPB_1QtorgBwpoKtb3QUaWDaNiKNsh-NJdgU2R8

EDIT: updated the link as the old one had the wrong files in it.

iV9rR6O.jpg

ysBjdkq.jpg

Last edited:
good. I've been reading the forum for a while now, since I'm starting in the world of sim racing. I am from Argentina. I am looking for the Balcarce Argentina circuit. I know that Assetto Corsa Fanboy had been doing it but closed everything. and TTServe Game fell too. would anyone have it?

[QUOTE = "Beezer215, post: 13019712, member: 286881"] ¿Alguien puede ayudarme a arreglar el vidrio de este auto? Estoy trabajando para aprender más sobre esto, pero las búsquedas obtuvieron un montón de resultados y no han ayudado hasta ahora. Traté de cambiar la textura interna a una diferente pero no me ayudó. CSP 1.43, 1.44, 1.45 no ayudó.
Esto es lo que veo adentro:
[ATTACH = full] 892414 [/ ATTACH]
Si alguien puede señalarme la dirección del remedio, sería muy apreciado ya que este es el estilo de automóvil con el que hice los días de pista. Si necesita un enlace al automóvil para ayudar a solucionarlo, avíseme. No hay problemas allí. [/QUOTE]
I have the same problem. could you solve?

@MrWaflz55 And anyone else that wants it :)

Just finished the Starion skin - I think it looks alright but haven't tested it in game....

Any chance someone can have a look and let me know if it needs anything changing? :cheers:

https://mega.nz/#!OH4UgSyD!Yg2XIZaOkULsRIJvv_CzxqsWW75I-_VyMlpUDQOlaIo

iV9rR6O.jpg

ysBjdkq.jpg

Just downloaded it to try it out. The skin itself appears and looks nice inside the CM Showroom app, however it appears as white while updating previews and during gameplay itself. Some issue to look into for sure. I have no experience making skins so I can't help unfortunately.

Screenshot_mitsubishi_starion_race_gra_wakefieldpark_20-2-120-14-19-53.jpg

Also MrB00, I was wondering if you have had a chance to drive the tune so far and I was also wondering what your input on it is? How does it feel?

Just downloaded it to try it out. The skin itself appears and looks nice inside the CM Showroom app, however it appears as white while updating previews and during gameplay itself. Some issue to look into for sure. I have no experience making skins so I can't help unfortunately.

View attachment 892770

Also MrB00, I was wondering if you have had a chance to drive the tune so far and I was also wondering what your input on it is? How does it feel?

Err that's odd. I'll have a check out why it's doing that and re upload if necessary.

Sorry spent waaay too long making that skin and haven't had time to test it out yet lol

Extract the data files with content manager<content tab unpack data option. The Data files extract to the car folder. Change the engine and drivetrain files information and the correct gear ration rto files (This last not working perfect some times! ). All files read with text editor.After editing pack the files.The another problem is the cars power is same with Lotus 98T,but this car maximum power is over 1200HP,but of course with turbo and engine limit perfect. (I am not professional modder ,this is only little help for you! 💡:cheers:)
Problem solved for the issue of car falling out of map. But the gear ratios and maybe also the fact that the number of gears is different is going to be, I guess, tricky to polish. A real challenge for me but if anyone has some suggestions I´ll be glad to test them. Many, many thanks :)

good. I've been reading the forum for a while now, since I'm starting in the world of sim racing. I am from Argentina. I am looking for the Balcarce Argentina circuit. I know that Assetto Corsa Fanboy had been doing it but closed everything. and TTServe Game fell too. would anyone have it?

(link removed)

Last edited:
@MrWaflz55 Brilliant little car. Only did a quick practice sesh round Luccaring but it was great fun to chuck about. Feels nice and stable in the bends, plenty of grip where it counts, and plenty of acceleration (Once I'd turned off TC :lol:) Brakes feel good and the weight feels good. So yeah I'm enjoying this little beauty. And it has pop up headlights which is always a bonus and is worth at least another 2 seconds per lap ;)

I'm not sure I really get your point. I was just saying that sometimes a little help or maybe joining in a very active forum and being polite and helpful can yield results and answers. Please correct me if I'm wrong but surely a bit of common decency goes a long way in this world...(although judging by a lot of comments and people nowadays I'm not sure that's true anymore)The way I see it is you can't just jump in and expect help from people and then get the hump when no one actually helps you out because of a variety of reasons.
Also I have no idea why you chose to comment about the thread being pages long about a cooling issue when I had nothing to do with any of those posts as an example of your problem with ME.

Actually you know what who actually cares right..lets all be a bunch of dicks about things and throw hissy fits because no one responded to a question that was probably answered here already.

Also not being funny but several years spent in this forum - yet you joined in April last year...my maths must be a bit crap then!!

I joined this active forum not long ago, it’s true, but you didn’t think that I could be in the role of a reader from the beginning of 2016? There are a lot of unregistered readers!
Have you seen disrespect and dishonesty somewhere? If this happens, then the community does not approve.
There is no point in explaining further, you don’t understand that not everyone understands computer programs and not everyone is as smart as you.

I joined this active forum not long ago, it’s true, but you didn’t think that I could be in the role of a reader from the beginning of 2016? There are a lot of unregistered readers!
Have you seen disrespect and dishonesty somewhere? If this happens, then the community does not approve.
There is no point in explaining further, you don’t understand that not everyone understands computer programs and not everyone is as smart as you.

There's dishonesty and disrespect everywhere - it's the internet but I will not help someone who shouts and throws his toys out the pram when his question hasn't been answered simply because he expects it to be answered within minutes of him posting it on a forum with hundreds or thousands of members. And I understand perfectly well that there are users here with little or no experience of modding or computers and I'm actually happy to help anyone out (As is evident if you cared to actually look at some of my posts)
Honestly dude...I may have over reacted to a post or a user....but I have too much crap in my life and this is usually the one place I can go where everyone treats everyone decently and I can switch my brain off to real life but occasionally someone will come along demanding things and throwing an attitude around and it ticks me off. Perhaps next time I'll just keep quiet in case I have to face the Wrath of Kran (Stupid attempt at a Star Trek joke there)
So I'M gonna apologise as I seem to have ruffled your feathers and forget we ever spoke

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back