London
nowcontrol
Alpine Vision Gran Turismo Race Mode Super Lap: Mid-Field Raceway

Alpine Vision GranTurismo Race Mode Super Lap @ Mid-Field Raceway.jpg
^^Click on the image above to go to the online leader board for this event^^
[TT] Alpine Vision GranTurismo Race Mode Super Lap @ Mid-Field Raceway.jpg

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
Knocked in a 1:05.545 after a few laps for the prize money and car. I despise everything about the way the car handles, and it's other version too. It's going straight into the garbage never to be seen again. 👎

Knocked in a 1:05.545 after a few laps for the prize money and car. I despise everything about the way the car handles, and it's other version too. It's going straight into the garbage never to be seen again. 👎

At least this one (race version) can be somewhat tuned. LSD & suspension can be modified, although sans the ride height & camber. But I agree, not my cup of tea handling wise, which is a shame because I kind of like the novelty of the design. I'll never understand the decision of these manufacturers (or PD?) to disallow tuning as it immediately turns-off a large portion of the community.

Wow. I'm one of the fastest in the world! Just under a Thousand people faster than me.

Oh.:dunce: It's only been open half an hour.
I didn't even get Gold (but only by a Hundredth)

OEMPF..Ds3 is not nice for this one.
dejavu like the Mini vgt, understeer, but less understeer then the MINI vgt.
Braking in a straight line 👍
Braking in a corner 👎 like the brakebalance is 4/8 when those flaps come out.
So i thought like the Alpine Vision GT, set traction at 2..i think 1 is better, the car has more downforce.
i did use ABS=4, or else i would loose it in each corner.
took me 23 minutes before i knew what the car could manage.
1M credits, car, suit and helmet and done.
Nice to see that suspension and LSD can be changed...:crazy: No gearbox or powerparts or downforce settings.huh, you can't have it all.;)

I think I am having one of those days when I just cannot drive properly, either that or DriveClub has ruined me, but I took 13 laps to gold this event.

Mid-field / 13 laps

Rome / 14 laps

Fuji / 10 laps

:embarrassed:

This event actually gave me a little trouble. No first lap Gold for me this time. Admittedly, I'm not very good at Midfield. There is something about that quick right turn into the hard braking zone and then the sharp turn to the left (where you start from) that seems to kill all of my laps. Actually, the first two turns (the double right hander) gives me fits too. I just don't hit those turns smoothly. If you saw my replays you would cringe. :embarrassed:

I had about 5-6 DQ's for terrible driving/jumping a curb/grass/etc and probably 3 clean laps that were only good enough for Silver. I was just about to give up for the time being but decided to do one more lap. I squeaked out a Gold time at 1:06.919. :crazy:

OEMPF..Ds3 is not nice for this one.
... understeer

I think I am having one of those days when I just cannot drive properly

This event actually gave me a little trouble
Are all of you guys using a controller?

I immediately felt that something was wrong with this car. It seems to have a bad case of Chapparral 2X syndrome.
I can "feel" the car running out of steering angle when I'm pushing it.

After 2-3 DQs in turn 1 I managed gold, barely, on my third lap.

The car is immune to inertia oversteer it seems, I had to check if SRF and active steering was engaged.

The other Alpine feels strange as well but not as bad, possibly due to the SS tyres and lack of that massive rear wing.

For some reason the first right handers give me a lot of hassle, took nearly a dozen laps to gold this, even had to change the steering sensitivity for the first time ever.

I am using a controller

I immediately felt that something was wrong with this car. It seems to have a bad case of Chapparral 2X syndrome.

After 2-3 DQs in turn 1 I managed gold, barely, on my third lap.

The car is immune to inertia oversteer it seems, I had to check if SRF and active steering was engaged.

The other Alpine feels strange as well but not as bad, possibly due to the SS tyres and lack of that massive rear wing.
I am for sure ;), i have my reasons..but i did gold it.

I'm using a Driving Force GT wheel. I definitely have a few issues with this car. The fact that we have to drive them with -0.50/1.00 toe is a bummer, but I think it goes beyond that -- my issues with this car. Also, I haven't spent a lot of time driving Mid-Field and there are two sections of the track that I really struggle with. Yes, I got the Gold after a handful, or two, of tries...but usually it's 1 lap = Gold on these type of events. I struggled, no doubt.

Yes, I am using a DS4. After that I went to Sierra and did a 6 lap Time Trial and I drove much better. I had no understeer issues there at all.

Nice credit pay out, which is good as the car is garbage. New stockyard dreck, now they need a Goodwill bin for the fugly fire suits...

I kinda like the way the car handles. I haven't tried it with a controller, but with a wheel it handles pretty nicely imo. At a 1:04.065.

Nice, agile car, imo. Very unlike its non-race version. Nice shape and overall design, too.

C'est une réussite! :D

1:05.264 for pos# 609.

Has anyone noticed the ambulance levitating to the right, near the exit of pit lane?

Last edited:
i can't do the gold time. best i can do is a 1:07.1xx so im done with this one. silver is all i can get and im pushing the hell out of the car.

Definitely felt like there was something wrong with the way the car reacted to the power being applied.

Major, almost uncontrollable, understeer which really ruins what would be a great car to drive.

Not on the same undriveable level of the Chap X2 but still hard to handle.

Are you still using the given/default car, even though you enter the TT with your own, garage selected, oil changed car?

Great car, sort the DS3 controls out.

My sympathy to the controller users here. It handles just fine with a wheel. In fact this is probably my favourite from all the VGT events. The other two were not my taste at all, just did enough for gold, but I spent about an hour on this one and got down to 1:04.6.
The red line is your enemy here. Shifting at 6.5k rather than 7k will gain you half a second. In the corners you need to be one gear higher than feels natural.

I agree with StirlingMoose 👍 Unfortunate for the pad users but it feels great on the wheel other than turn 1 where it's a bit awkward... Good combo :cheers:

i can't do the gold time. best i can do is a 1:07.1xx so im done with this one. silver is all i can get and im pushing the hell out of the car.
Me too, solid silver and can't see where another second can come from. ( DS3 user with square and x buttons)

Me too, solid silver and can't see where another second can come from. ( DS3 user with square and x buttons)

I struggled at first, also DS3 and square and x buttons, changed steering sensitivity to 3 ( I'm normally on 0 ) as the first double right I was losing a lot of time, this worked for me.

I've used both DS3 best I got was 1:07.8xx and used my G27 wheel, best i got was my final time 1:07.1xx

Latest Posts

Back