Are you waiting to buy a PS3 just for Gran Turismo 5?

  • Thread starter Thread starter SrRd RacinG
  • 162 comments
  • 17,857 views

Are you waiting to buy a PS3 just for Gran Turismo 5?

  • Hell yea, it's the only reason I want a PS3!

    Votes: 103 20.9%
  • I will wait until Gran Turismo 5 is out and reviewed before I buy a PS3.

    Votes: 25 5.1%
  • No, I want a PS3 for other games as well.

    Votes: 28 5.7%
  • No, I already got a PS3 slim this year. (2009)

    Votes: 18 3.7%
  • No, I already got a fat PS3 this year. (2009)

    Votes: 33 6.7%
  • No, I've had a PS3 since 2008.

    Votes: 154 31.3%
  • No, I had my PS3 since its launch in Europe/AU in 2007.

    Votes: 83 16.9%
  • No, I had my PS3 since its NA/SA/ and Japan launch in 2006.

    Votes: 48 9.8%

  • Total voters
    492
^Dude why are you arguing what I personally think? When it comes to monetary value to me, then yes it becomes a bit of a waste to me. In the fun factor and whatnot, that's up to the buyer not me. I'm not saying don't buy it for one game.
If you don't like people countering what you personally think, don't go posting on forums. I'm not going to pat you on the back, say well done, and agree with you just because you posted on a forum.

Spending £300 for a PS3 plus one game you really like makes much more financial sense compared to spending £250 on a console and a further £500 on games you like, but put aside once played through.
 
If you don't like people countering what you personally think, don't go posting on forums. I'm not going to pat you on the back, say well done, and agree with you just because you posted on a forum.

Spending £300 for a PS3 plus one game you really like makes much more financial sense compared to spending £250 on a console and a further £500 on games you like, but put aside once played through.

What do you mean I don't like people countering me? Sure that dude sentence might have come off hostile, but so far you're only one countering me, as the others weren't really bothered by what I said. Seems like you're bothered by what I said. If you're bothered then I'm sorry, I guess I should keep my opinion to myself.

And don't tell me to not post on forums. And I wasn't asking you to agree with me.
 
I bought one for 5P, chopped it and now im getting a "bigger" one for 5.
 
Yea i have to admit the sole reason i want a PS3 is for Gran Turismo 5. Im die hard GT, take it back as far as GT1 the CD-R joint with before R34's and the R33's where godly fast! Yea PS3 equals GT5.
 
Bought a PS3 in 2008 to play GT5p :D

/tosses $100 dollar bills to his adoring fans (strippers)

You mispelled "gigalos" :sly:

Just kidding :)

I wasn't waiting to buy a PS3 for GT5, but GT5 might be what makes me buy a PS3... what can I say, Sony is smart to keep GT tied up as an exclusive... it looks sweet, I love me some car racing and my DFPro hasn't had much of a workout of late... I got my fingers crossed GT is a system seller for me... heck I just like getting another console :D
 
I've had a PS3 since 2008 and i'm waiting GT5 -_-
 
No, I have had mine since not too long after PAL launch but I do have a few friends that are waiting for a PS3 GT5 bundle.

Otherwuse my PS3 gets used only got Gran Turismo and GTA games (PC GTA versions always take too long to come out).
 
Jay
GTA games (PC GTA versions always take too long to come out).

Yeah i thought GTA4 was dissapointing tbh (although i completed it twice on PS3) Then i bought the PC version then quickly realised id need a new PC, So i bought a new PC which brought some good news and some bad.

Good news was i got to play Crysis..












Bad news was i got to play Crysis.

On topic: I know 2 friends who are waiting to buy a PS3 for GT5 after playing prologue here and 3 friends already got a PS3 from playing here too. Sony should pay me commission :)
 
-> This question is way too late for me. I bought my 60GB PS3 waaaayyyyyy before Prologue even exists! :crazy:
 
Im hanging out for the GT5 release then I'll buy myself a PS3. Bonus is by the time GT5 comes out the price should've dropped a bit (hopefully). I like the PS3, its a good piece of gear but the games it has just dont sell it to me like my 360 did. But the day when GT5 gets released downunder is the day I will have a PS3!
 
I already have a launch 60 gig. But if GT5 is bundled with the slim, i will buy one!
 
Had a PS3 since May 08. I got GT5P and GTA4, but I bought the PS3 for Blu-Ray and Gran Turismo games!!!
 
I waited at the shop at midnight on the 23rd March 2007 for my launch 60Gb. I bought it fully expecting GT5 to be out within the first few months. Been waiting ever since, mind you there have been some good games on it to tide me over, but considering I sold my PS2 to buy my PS3 and GT4 was in my machine 95% of the time, you could say I'm REALLY REALLY REALLY looking forward to TGS... and a release date. Then I'll never have to change discs on my PS3 ever again :)
 
I had a PS3 since Christmas 2007, and about 3 weeks ago, the dreaded YLOD came, the only way I can pay Sony to fix it to have a credit card. I don't even have a credit card! probably gonna get a skinny PS3 as a replacement (probably cheaper to fix than replace). oh well, I will have something by the time GT5 is released. If not, GTPSP time!
 
Another early buyer. I wanted one at launch really bad, but sacrificed so I could splurge on the family Christmas. I did get one a few months later though, still going strong, and the Playstaqtion library is simply unbeatable. Been enjoying the heck out of Ratchet & Clank, Virtua Fighter, Uncharted, Metal Gear Solid... I have about 15 games or more and will never sell a one. Still just have Forza 2 for the 360. :p
 
I've had my PS3 for a year now, and got GT5:P with it. So there.
 
I actually got one shortly after launch than sold it in 2008 to get more stuff for the 360 I had. I plan on buying one in October though for GT5 and a couple other games.
 
I got a 20gb about a week after launch.

I went to Best Buy and they had just gotten a shipment in, and they weren't even out on the stores floor yet. They only got about 15 units, and they were all gone within 5 minutes. I couldn't get any games until a bit later since I spent all my money on the system. The games I've got are GT5:P, MGS4, Ferrari Challenge, and Resistance:FoM. Not many full games but demos/GT5:P keep me occupied.
 
I have been waiting till GT5 was realeased to EVEN consider a PS3. I was never going to pay $600 for one or even, $500 or $400. The price drop to $300 and most likely Christmas-ish release sealed the deal for me.
 
Already got a setup ready for GT5 but might be getting a second complete setup for when brothers/friends are over for some GT nights!
 
I voted option number 2. I also agree with option number 1. I would add a small bit to it, and this is what it would look like:

Gran Turismo 5 is the only reason I want a PS3, and I will wait until it is out and reviewed along with Forza Motorsport 3 before I buy a PS3 or a Xbox 360.

It's the more reasonable thing to do in my mind, at least. In Argentina, the PS3 isn't as cheap as it is in other countries. :(
 
I got mine since 2007 with motorstorm bundle (it was the last one 80GB in store! I was lucky I got there early), and I got 5 games for it. Not just for GT.
 
I've had mine since late 2007. Bought it mainly because of GT5 and MGS4, although I have other games as well.
 
Holy 🤬. Here, for those who think the PS3 is expensive in their countries. :p And this is just the 40GB version!

Argentina:

Argentine Peso: 2799
USD: $883

United States:

United States Dollar: 399.
USD: $399.

Source: Wikipedia.

:boggled: It's impossible to afford one here! Well, not impossible, but highly unlikely to get one...

Someone minds to collaborate for Codename L's cause? :D
 
Holy 🤬. Here, for those who think the PS3 is expensive in their countries. :p And this is just the 40GB version!

Argentina:

Argentine Peso: 2799
USD: $883

United States:

United States Dollar: 399.
USD: $399.

Source: Wikipedia.

:boggled: It's impossible to afford one here! Well, not impossible, but highly unlikely to get one...

Someone minds to collaborate for Codename L's cause? :D

Glad I live in the good ol' USA! :dopey: Anyways, I had my PS3 since April of 2008.
 
You lucky guy! Guess what I found also. This is regarding the Xbox 360, but please read before saying anything:

The console was also announced in Argentina in mid-2005, with "100% probability" that sales will begin in December 2006. But a year later, in May 2006, Microsoft pushed the launch date to December 2007. Still, it's very unlikely that Microsoft will actually sell their product in Argentina, considering the low sales of game consoles in the country: Sony introduced the PlayStation console in 2004 (almost 10 years after launch date in Japan), and a few months after that, the PlayStation 2, both costing twice as much as the "bootleg" imports, available in the country for years. Also, the price of the games is far from what the average gamer can afford, in the order of $100 to $180 USD, while PC game prices are adjusted, costing between $20 to $60 USD.

So... we have to stick with the PS3 no matter what. IF we are able to afford it, that is. :boggled: :boggled: :boggled: Epic boggle. I want to be shot.
 
Back