Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,793 comments
Megolito, Im truly sorry I was not referring to you at all! You are very polite and absolutely right!! I was talking about the post that was linked by me, there is a lad, he is a little off, sometimes repackages things but posts a lot, and when I was a newbie I saw another lad bashing him and defended the posting lad a bit ferociously, due to noobness. You are wonderful, polite, and correct. Sorry for misunderstanding!

Mercedes wishes everyone a Happy New Year!
I join in the congratulations! Happy New Year, lovers of Asseto Corsa!
Мерс Новый Год 2020.jpg

maxstep:
Nonsense electroforce, you are clearly arrogant, pompous and painfully obviously insecurities ladden, do better. Nowhere near as smart as you think lad. Thank you very much pitsch83!

Geez I got scolded that day :lol:

I heard there was a freak accident during an electrical storm and pitsch83 accidentally uploaded himself to sharemods. The only way for him to get back is if someone downloads his link. The problem is he's not in a position to post his link to himself anywhere...hmmm

I really wanted to do a best of mods 2019 for tracks, cars, modders, etc. but I ran out of time. Maybe someone can throw something together.
Top 5 Tracks
1. Forza 7 Le Mans
2. Barber Motorsports VRC
3. LA Canyons 1.0
4. Lausitzring (TMM)
5. Goodwood Hillclimb

Top 5 Cars
1. Radical RXC GT3 :lol:;)
2. Lamborghini Huracan Super Trofeo Evo
3. NIO EP9
4. ACFL F1 2019
5. Toyota TS050

Happy New Year!

maxstep:
Nonsense electroforce, you are clearly arrogant, pompous and painfully obviously insecurities ladden, do better. Nowhere near as smart as you think lad. Thank you very much pitsch83!

Geez I got scolded that day :lol:

I heard there was a freak accident during an electrical storm and pitsch83 accidentally uploaded himself to sharemods. The only way for him to get back is if someone downloads his link. The problem is he's not in a position to post his link to himself anywhere...hmmm

My bad mate, happy new year! Sometimes the naivete of being new to a place does me disfavours, I hope we can put it behind us.

I really wanted to do a best of mods 2019 for tracks, cars, modders, etc. but I ran out of time. Maybe someone can throw something together.

I honestly think this year has been one of the best for mods so I'll be here all night listing all of my favourites, but off the top of my head I'd say Fat Alfie for Fonteny and Deutschlandring, Ben o'Bro for his Porsche Singer, @Masscot for his Hot Air Balloons mod and @megolito for his reworked cars, especially his Porsche and his Aston. There's loads more and sorry if I've forgotten you by name but I also want to say I'm just happy to be a part of this community.

I've been able to get the URD aston martin (AMR EGT 2019) for free. After few laps, I bought it on sellfy shop. It's 3 euros at the moment (less than a beer) and honestly it's worth it.
We need to support these modders for their great work. And it goes the same for RSS mod.

And even for less "scratch made stuff", I sent few euros to Bazza for TC Legends because it makes me smile behind the wheel.

Just my two cents.

Happy new year everybody.

[Firstly sorry for posting again today, ill be more conscious about spamming my thoughts moving forward]

I was going to make a Stage 2 version of the GT12 to go with the one i just released, but after some thought and reading, instead of a fantasy upgrade im going to make a V8 Vantage AMR PRO model of it (a real car) since its the same body style/year (photo of it below)
it also has the Same interior except different color gauge lights, so it seems like a very possible thing to do.
upload_2019-12-31_13-56-31.png
i read that most of the parts are stolen right from the GT4 vantage except aero/tires. i have a rly good gt4 vantage mod i can use for data reference. i should be able to do the Paint or at bare minimum use that AMR color scheme on GT12 decals if i cant make new decals. There is also way more data on this car than the GT12, so look out for this thing soon, i have tomorrow off so im working all night on this.

Thanks for all the info, P1! Yeah I think it is Tony B's. Thought I'd give it a whirl since he expressed in his post the wishes someone may take up working its physics out, so I was like why not... "Did you take the physics on from me basically begging on the physics/discord?" I think I missed that post lol but that's cool how somethings work out. :cool:

Yeah the aero seems to need a lot of work. I have come across wind tunnel data but I think the drag numbers don't include a driver in the kart, surely that presents a factor of the overall aerodynamics. Also the suspension work seems to be copied from another kart on RD, so that too I am attempting to build up new geo from that. Yeah seems like a lot of engine brake torque is present resulting in a lot under steer when you let off the gas . I know this is a thing in karts using a lawn mower engine but not sure if it's present in a Superkart... :dopey:

Thanks for the info, man! Good to know someone on here that has had experience in them. There are also a handful of forums with a lot of kart professionals active too! :cheers:

Twice I was asking about physics getting done for it in the shader/mod/physics discord, all good people and know their **** but no takers. Was like the kart had a bad case of the E9 Ebola spore. Superkart in the tunnel - the cfd data I posted is without the driver.
I dont think your gonna find numbers with it. Dug for a long long time, maybe you'll get lucky.

I'm 6'2 and we had to work some magic do get my body out of the air as much as possible but driver displacement is really just the helmet and a little bit of shoulder. Again depending on how far down you can get into the kart by rolling the seat. So a tiny bit of drag and minuscule amount of df taken away from the rear foil, not a biggie. Maybe not even enough to worry about it.

Out of the air thanks to the Nassau.
Capture.png

Last edited:
<Link Removed> See page 699 for updated car V2.0
ASTON MARTIN GT12 (Full Rework)
I really slaved on this car, all 100 were sold immediately upon release to collectors so not many are out and about allowing people to take data from them and tests. so finding real data was extremely difficult.
The original car from assetto garage only came with GT3 slicks on 15 inch rims/missing aero components/ top speed over 200..ect EVERYTHING needed harsh revision. This car has no recorded lap times on tracks available in AC but so far it's done around 7:20 on nurburgring(oem tire) and that honestly seems believable, right around ferrari 488 speeds. top speed is 186mph comes with 2 tires, oem&track rubber+ Rewrote engine files to better resemble an aston V12 with incredibly accurate BHP and torque with drive loss calculated in! I really gave it my all boys

Edit: oh and as always plz give feedback on what you think, or if you find errors. thanks!

Just tried this and I have to say - it's knocked your Porsche off top spot lol. I absolutely love it. I had to make a Gulf skin for it although it isn't perfect but I'm quite happy with it for a quick skin job :D

AOEhgXd.jpg

Do you guys know where i can find Bruce Kelt to talk to him. i thought he wasnt modding anymore so when i made my SVJ rework of his car i never asked permission. he just released an SVJ update today on assettoland so he is active, i want to ask him permission to keep my SVJ rework up or if i should take it down. i just have no idea how to get ahold of him.

Do you guys know where i can find Bruce Kelt to talk to him. i thought he wasnt modding anymore so when i made my SVJ rework of his car i never asked permission. he just released an SVJ update today on assettoland so he is active, i want to ask him permission to keep my SVJ rework up or if i should take it down. i just have no idea how to get ahold of him.
I thought he posted here yesterday, unless it's a different Bruce K..?

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-pc-mod-discussion.307899/page-699#post-12971888

I may need help.
Been installing cars and tracks as usual. All of a sudden every track has a winter skin.
I haven't installed any other weather-involved all, other tan SOL and custom shaders patch.
I did try to install the Nurburgring Nature fix on RD:
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/nurburgring-nature-fix.30286/
But it should only affect files inside ks_Nurburgring. Now EVERY track is on winter mode.
Any idea on how to reset this setting?

EDIT: I disabled "Allow seasonal adjustments", under Custom Shaders Patch > Track Adjustments > Seasons. That fixed it, but disabling a feature leaves a bitter taste on my mouth.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back