Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,755 comments
Yes, took me a while to find it as well, it's not under content but in the drive menu, when you go to select a track, drag the edge to make the window a bit bigger and you'll see the very faint outlines of stars, see below:

100085208_10103884477684378_9073264854004924416_o.jpg

Hmm, I'm not sure. I'll have a think if there's a reasonable way, the only problem would be that I downloaded almost all my tracks in one big track hunting splurge about 9 months ago and I've no idea where I got a lot of them. I don't really want to get spammed with messages from people asking for links that I've forgotten and then have to upload myself.

How do you screen grab like that?
I tried it with nvidia screen shot and wont count the 2nd page just shows underneath.

Wait a minute, "Circuit de Chimay" that's my local track :embarrassed: ..... could you share that one ?

I'll have a think if there's a reasonable way, the only problem would be that I downloaded almost all my tracks in one big track hunting splurge about 9 months ago and I've no idea where I got a lot of them. I don't really want to get spammed with messages from people asking for links that I've forgotten and then have to upload myself.

@GIBBONS

Yes, your point is well taken ;)

Booted rf2 after a long time, updated to last beta, just to try the new Zandvoort. My god that sim looks dated, even more than it did 6 months ago. And i was reading all about huge improvements made in last months. Still don't see a single thing that is better than AC. Anyway, got sidetracked for a bit. Yes the Zandvoort posted here is definetly an rf2 conversion. It's exactly the same.
I'm going to disagree with this. Strongly.
While it doesn't have the ability to customize like we do in AC, or waiving blades of grass, we must be playing different games after that.
After updating myself to 1118 and going around Nords. The level of immersion is great. The sense of 3D space within the engine, the way trees and buildings pass by, the trackside artifacts and objects (cars, buildings, spectators) are leagues better. People are animated. Flags look real. There's pedestrian cars driving on the side of the road. Trees look 3D and not like cardboard cutouts. The track doesn't draw itself right in front of the car.
The way there is a sense of weight through the wheel that feels like the car is on tyres going over bumps and when you get on a kerb. The way the car bounces. While the AI isn't wonderful, they don't freak out when you pull up next to them and they make real looking human mistakes. They don't jitter around like meth heads.
Personally I spend more amount of time on AC because the amount of content that comes out is mind bending but to say there isn't a single thing better than AC seems like a fairly careless statement and I absolutely love Assetto Corsa.

It’s really not worth it. It doesn’t work well. Performance is terrible and then there’s the matter of it not working like other VR games anyway. You can kind of look around but not fully, and leaning backwards and forwards just moves your entire view with you. There’s tons of wonky graphical artifacts and it’s overall a terrible experience that you had to pay $40 for because there isn’t even a trial version.

there’s tons of options for F1 cars and tracks for Assetto Corsa so I’d just recommend waiting until codemasters adds real VR modes to their apps and stick with Assetto Corsa for that kind of stuff.

My friend, thank you, I was very tempted to make the purchase, thank you very much

Yes, took me a while to find it as well, it's not under content but in the drive menu, when you go to select a track, drag the edge to make the window a bit bigger and you'll see the very faint outlines of stars, see below:

OMG... thank you. [runs off to try it now]

[EDIT] holy crap, man. I am actually laughing over here from giddiness. I can't believe ... I don't have to type ratings in tags anymore... it's the little things, man....

Easiest way is hold down the windows key and press prnt screen....but then you might need to edit it to remove your taskbar etc

Sorted.

OK so i have done this, orange is the 'favourites' blue is normal. I don't keep a track unless i pass it as at least 4 stars. I used to bin tracks with no cameras, but now obviously i am re claiming them.

Not to everyone tastes i am sure, but i got fed up with the random pics behind the tracks because of OCD and also many tracks the outline is lost in the mess, this is simple and clean..

Annotation 2020-05-27 1732228.png

Sorted.

OK so i have done this, orange is the 'favourites' blue is normal. I don't keep a track unless i pass it as at least 4 stars. I used to bin tracks with no cameras, but now obviously i am re claiming them.

Not to everyone tastes i am sure, but i got fed up with the random pics behind the tracks because of OCD and also many tracks the outline is lost in the mess, this is simple and clean..

View attachment 924672
That's actually not a bad idea. While the preview track pictures are "pretty" and all, this allows you to identify better. Now you have me thinking. Not sure I'm going to redo all my tracks but I'm thinking.

As @gutbomb explained, you can get high-quality F1 mods for Assetto Corsa, and most, if not all, of the tracks are available with DRS zones. There's even some career modes available on Race Department.

Though I was a fan of Codemasters' F1 titles from early on, and I bought every release until F1 2017, after three years, it still doesn't support VR, which is a shame and oversight on their part. They make ridiculous excuses for not doing it. If you're a VR user, Assetto Corsa delivers a much better experience, and with the RSS formula cars, I think much better physics.

RaceSimStudio
https://racesimstudio.com/

I know that the f1 rss are fantastic, I was hoping that the vr could work for the f1 codemasters as the game is organized in itself, I will wait for them to decide to insert the vr

You could filter to display only 5* ones and do screenshots of the list. 25 a page, makes 8 Screenshots. It would take some time for you, but most would appriciate it,to see which we missed.

I'll more likely just type out those.

Wait a minute, "Circuit de Chimay" that's my local track :embarrassed: ..... could you share that one ?

It's a Giles75 pay mod so it can't be shared due to forum rules, sorry.

How do you screen grab like that?
I tried it with nvidia screen shot and wont count the 2nd page just shows underneath.

I just press print screen, open paint, paste and then crop and save.

I saw your post yesterday that the newest version of the Radical might be ready in a couple of hours. :confused: :) :) :)
I'm looking forward to trying out the newest release. I check your site every couple of hours.

Be careful with the amount of "shake." :nervous: In VR, things like bumpy track surfaces or cars with very tight suspensions are exaggerated. In real life, our inner ear helps compensate for the movement, but in VR, even with a very good motion rig, that physical movement isn't there.
It was meant to be uploaded last night, but internet died half way through upload, so re attemping tonight.

I will announce on here when it's out, so don't worry.

Hopefully it's not to shakey for you VR drivers

Sorted.

View attachment 924672

It's not a bad idea but not consistent looking enough not to send my OCD over a cliff. I like the Kunos style using a picture of the track, preferably a landmark or easily recognizable part of the track as long as the pictures colors/tones are all similar and it's fun? to take the pictures yourself and not too time consuming for those who have a REASONABLE amount of tracks installed :eek:

I'm going to disagree with this. Strongly.
While it doesn't have the ability to customize like we do in AC, or waiving blades of grass, we must be playing different games after that.
After updating myself to 1118 and going around Nords. The level of immersion is great. The sense of 3D space within the engine, the way trees and buildings pass by, the trackside artifacts and objects (cars, buildings, spectators) are leagues better. People are animated. Flags look real. There's pedestrian cars driving on the side of the road. Trees look 3D and not like cardboard cutouts. The track doesn't draw itself right in front of the car.
The way there is a sense of weight through the wheel that feels like the car is on tyres going over bumps and when you get on a kerb. The way the car bounces. While the AI isn't wonderful, they don't freak out when you pull up next to them and they make real looking human mistakes. They don't jitter around like meth heads.
Personally I spend more amount of time on AC because the amount of content that comes out is mind bending but to say there isn't a single thing better than AC seems like a fairly careless statement and I absolutely love Assetto Corsa.
I made a mistake. I didn't make it clear enough that what i'm stating is totally my opinion and not a fact. I will rephrase my statement: AC is better in every way than rf2 in things that are important to me. And i stand by that 100%. Every single thing you listed is indeed either better in rf2 than in AC, but not important to me, or a matter of personal preference. And i respect your opinion 100%, was and always will be able to do that. To each their own. And last thing i wanted, was to make this into a AC vs rf2 war. For several reasons. It's been done to death and as i said different features are important to different people. And to have an option to use different things is always a good thing. Anyway will be more careful how i state opinions in the future. Cheers. :cheers:

Will give rf2 one big plus though, their Sebring is the best in the business ( again imho, before the iracing guys stand up :)), and hopefully we'll see a version up to that level in AC some day.

Has anyone seen and maybe been able to fix a track where the pit stops are there, the crew men are there, but the player pit spot does not light up for the player? Another thing I've noticed when it happens is that the pit lane does not initiate the pitspeed limiter. I was trying to fix the issue in Dakota GP and I thought it had something to do with the pitlane object naming, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I'm stumped.

Sorted.

View attachment 924672

Is orange good? Just because you've made my Anglesey Circuit Orange!

Version 2.0 - 2020.05.27
Honda S2000 (1999)

CREDITS
- conversion by WKMOD
- RealAKP for the precious collaboration

100797490_560288544677358_1299475942049054720_o.jpg

CHANGELOG

Physics
- new suspensions geometry and setup
- new dampers setup
- new aero
- new tyres v10
- revised inertia
- corrected steer lock and ratio
- decreased fuel consumption
- tweaked fuel tank position
- corrected final gear ratio
- adjusted TorSen differential
- corrected engine idle rpms
- slightly increased brakes max torque

Visual
- switched to roadster version
- totally reworked materials, shaders and texturing
- added turning lights
- corrected tyres and brake disks dimensions
- corrected digital instruments position and orientation
- adjusted wheels and calipers graphic offsets
- adjusted damage config
- new VAO patch (CSP only)
- fixed some holes in the 3D model by RealAKP
- fixed screwed normals by RealAKP

Other changes
- new perfect collider by __EASY__
- new LODs kn5 files
- adjusted Real Mirror to default driver's position
- adjusted collider position
- tweaked volume of sounds
- fixed doors transparency issue
- fixed rear glass transparency issue
- updated previews

DOWNLOAD HERE

HARD TOP VERSION
*will appear as a child of the roadster version

Has this been taken down?

First off, I don't recommend stepping away from this thread for a week. Holy hell that was a lot to catch up on.

HONDA S2000 (1999)
v2.0.1
- Fixed digital instruments

DOWNLOAD HERE

Now the old hard top version is available on the following link, with new physics (but obviously slightly less drag, slightly less fuel consumption and slightly more weight)
HARD TOP VERSION
*will appear as a child of the roadster version

LHD version at some point? Still not a single one for us using freedom units :P haha. Excellent mod!

Has this been taken down?

he reworked it. see above download.

Is orange good? Just because you've made my Anglesey Circuit Orange!

Orange is FAVOURITES!

CM uses an orange 'flag' or 'tag' for favourites, hence the orange. And yes, in my humble opinion (which to me at least is the most important one), Anglesey is that good....

Guess what though....Kirkistown is also orange....

Bit surprised no one has asked what the UK oval tracks are yet.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back