Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,753 comments
Mine doesn't work right either. Has to do with C++ or some other Windows background software. I mod all my cars manually though so I gave up.

Hey, I'm working on redoing the SimDream '94 DTM cars right now. Would you be interested in trying these skins for that car? This is basically just dressing up a road car, and the Stang could use some different shirts and pairs of pants.

thanks, then AC tuning always works badly. When you finish the DTM '94, will you share them?

Greetings to all and hope you're doing well (whether it'd be morning, evening or night on your neck of the woods)... Have posted 3x replay camera sets on RD for the glorious Daytona Internal Speedway - Tri-Oval layout. So far, the testing passed on all colours (favourite cars), like GT, NASCAR, F1, TRC, DTM...

daytona_map_profile.png

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/daytona-international-speedway-tv-replay-cameras.33390/

Ha ha..! I meant rF2. Sorry. Been on the pop all afternoon in front of the BBQ.
*hic..!*

Video's been nuked anyway.
Booted rf2 after a long time, updated to last beta, just to try the new Zandvoort. My god that sim looks dated, even more than it did 6 months ago. And i was reading all about huge improvements made in last months. Still don't see a single thing that is better than AC. Anyway, got sidetracked for a bit. Yes the Zandvoort posted here is definetly an rf2 conversion. It's exactly the same.

Your video looks amazing with this track. How much FPS do you get with that race? I also have a 1080TI and an I9-9900K, but i'm struggling to get decent fps, especially during evening lighting like in your video. Are you using AC with SOL and CSP?
Thx! CSP1.60 SOL1.6 Alpha 2 with 20 AI a reasonable 55-60FPS (at the start lower 45FPS). If you or anyone else want I can make a video with all the video/CSP settingsfollowed by a quicklap in game+replay with render stats.
1080ti/i7-7700k/32GB/1TB SSD/ 34"UW screen on 2560*1080 (parked my 4K monitor for the time being, well actually my daughter grabbed it to watch Netflix...)

Edit: meanwhile uploaded a video of a quick race at Daytona RC with 25AI with all my CSP/Video settings starting @4:12. For those interested check the video thread here

Last edited:
Guys, is there anyone here that has been collecting a good batch of loading backgrounds for their track collection? Would you mind zipping and posting here (or let me know which thread I should look for that). I downloaded a few packs that exist on RD that are really nice, but wondering if anyone else has filled out there collection beyond that. side-random-note: After weeding through all the lowest quality tracks, I still have 736 tracks at the moment. Curious how many tracks you guys have accumulated currently.

for those who like drift. Maybe something usefull here.

https://www.lonestarassetto.com/downloads

Did you try any of their tracks yet? Are there any of decent quality that you've found from that batch?

Booted rf2 after a long time, updated to last beta, just to try the new Zandvoort. My god that sim looks dated, even more than it did 6 months ago. And i was reading all about huge improvements made in last months. Still don't see a single thing that is better than AC. Anyway, got sidetracked for a bit. Yes the Zandvoort posted here is definetly an rf2 conversion. It's exactly the same.

lol, man, no one could pull me away from rF2 a while back. I was obsessed... then I tried Assetto Corsa...

[EDIT] actually it wasn't that quick for me. I didn't fall in love with Assetto Corsa until I purchased Content Manager.

Last edited:
guys you have experience with VORPX, it is worth buying it to play in vr with f1 2018/2019/2020?
It’s really not worth it. It doesn’t work well. Performance is terrible and then there’s the matter of it not working like other VR games anyway. You can kind of look around but not fully, and leaning backwards and forwards just moves your entire view with you. There’s tons of wonky graphical artifacts and it’s overall a terrible experience that you had to pay $40 for because there isn’t even a trial version.

there’s tons of options for F1 cars and tracks for Assetto Corsa so I’d just recommend waiting until codemasters adds real VR modes to their apps and stick with Assetto Corsa for that kind of stuff.

Just out of curiosity: is there a way to experience VR in AC with a smartphone? I'm not expecting actual racing, but some basic stuff like walking around the car and being in the pit lane, basic stuff, would be awesome 👍

Guys, is there anyone here that has been collecting a good batch of loading backgrounds for their track collection? Would you mind zipping and posting here (or let me know which thread I should look for that). I downloaded a few packs that exist on RD that are really nice, but wondering if anyone else has filled out there collection beyond that. side-random-note: After weeding through all the lowest quality tracks, I still have 736 tracks at the moment. Curious how many tracks you guys have accumulated currently.

Did you try any of their tracks yet? Are there any of decent quality that you've found from that batch?

lol, man, no one could pull me away from rF2 a while back. I was obsessed... then I tried Assetto Corsa...

[EDIT] actually it wasn't that quick for me. I didn't fall in love with Assetto Corsa until I purchased Content Manager.
A while back rf2 was a viable option as the difference was not that substantial, and I as well was switching between both. But times surely have changed. Situations like these make me aware what a massive work Ilya and all the other moders are doing. We have on one side a professional company actively developing a Sim, and on the other a group of individuals doing this in their free time. And the result is the difference getting bigger and bigger and not in the direction of the pro developers. We really often don't appriciate these guys enough. Including Kunos, who made such an excellent platform that just won't die. I can easily see AC being around and being a serious option for years to come.

I have recently made a serious cut in the amount of content. I cut down to 200 tracks and 700 cars, from... much more, let's put it that way :lol::lol:. I went by the logic of leaving only race cars and tracks that can be used in a championship or race and a good one at that. So that at least one car is "driveable". Same with tracks. I also left some free roam tracks and best road cars for when I want have a quiet ride to calm down or switch off. And that is it. At the amount of quality content we have, and being released every day, I see no point in retaining cars and tracks I will never use or use maybe once every blue moon. No need thankfully.

Last edited:
side-random-note: After weeding through all the lowest quality tracks, I still have 736 tracks at the moment. Curious how many tracks you guys have accumulated currently.

Can't help on the backgrounds, I've been taking new preview pictures for every track in my collection, which CM then helpfully uses as backgrounds.

I'm sat at 602 tracks (variations of layouts not included) split as follows:

0.5 - 1 Star Tracks: 8 Tracks - Novelty tracks like Mario Kart levels or otherwise okay routes but with broken timing.
1.5 - 2 Star Tracks: 35 Tracks - Lowest acceptable quality, almost always on a list to receive a new AI line or with other issues.
2.5 - 3 Star Tracks: 132 Tracks - Okay to decent quality, about half can be promoted once I've fixed the AI.
3.5 - 4 Star Tracks: 203 Tracks - Nice tracks, some will be great with better AI, others work perfectly but have average visuals.
4.5 - 5 Star Tracks: 224 Tracks - Top functionality, good to perfect visuals and flawless performance.

This is without any drift tracks as I'm not into it and without any duplication (aside from historic versions) as I always choose what I prefer and stick to it. I also tend to ignore all updates or new versions of tracks that I was previously happy with, the only exception being if a scratch made version of a ripped track comes out, then I'll usually make the switch if the quality is similar.

guys you have experience with VORPX, it is worth buying it to play in vr with f1 2018/2019/2020?

As @gutbomb explained, you can get high-quality F1 mods for Assetto Corsa, and most, if not all, of the tracks are available with DRS zones. There's even some career modes available on Race Department.

Though I was a fan of Codemasters' F1 titles from early on, and I bought every release until F1 2017, after three years, it still doesn't support VR, which is a shame and oversight on their part. They make ridiculous excuses for not doing it. If you're a VR user, Assetto Corsa delivers a much better experience, and with the RSS formula cars, I think much better physics.

RaceSimStudio
https://racesimstudio.com/

Can't help on the backgrounds, I've been taking new preview pictures for every track in my collection, which CM then helpfully uses as backgrounds.

I'm sat at 602 tracks (variations of layouts not included) split as follows:

0.5 - 1 Star Tracks: 8 Tracks - Novelty tracks like Mario Kart levels or otherwise okay routes but with broken timing.
1.5 - 2 Star Tracks: 35 Tracks - Lowest acceptable quality, almost always on a list to receive a new AI line or with other issues.
2.5 - 3 Star Tracks: 132 Tracks - Okay to decent quality, about half can be promoted once I've fixed the AI.
3.5 - 4 Star Tracks: 203 Tracks - Nice tracks, some will be great with better AI, others work perfectly but have average visuals.
4.5 - 5 Star Tracks: 224 Tracks - Top functionality, good to perfect visuals and flawless performance.

@GIBBONS are you actually able to use star-ratings on tracks like we are able to do on cars? I would love to be able to use the star rating for tracks as now I'm typing ratings in the tags which is a drag.

Just starting the project of weeding out the crap myself. currently at 1662 tracks :confused:

@GIBBONS are you actually able to use star-ratings on tracks like we are able to do on cars? I would love to be able to use the star rating for tracks as now I'm typing ratings in the tags which is a drag.

Yes, took me a while to find it as well, it's not under content but in the drive menu, when you go to select a track, drag the edge to make the window a bit bigger and you'll see the very faint outlines of stars, see below:

100085208_10103884477684378_9073264854004924416_o.jpg

Is there an easy way for you to list these 5 star tracks that you have for those of us interested? I don't want you to be typing for half a day, just wondering if there was an easy way to export this list to a text file for us.

Hmm, I'm not sure. I'll have a think if there's a reasonable way, the only problem would be that I downloaded almost all my tracks in one big track hunting splurge about 9 months ago and I've no idea where I got a lot of them. I don't really want to get spammed with messages from people asking for links that I've forgotten and then have to upload myself.

Yes, took me a while to find it as well, it's not under content but in the drive menu, when you go to select a track, drag the edge to make the window a bit bigger and you'll see the very faint outlines of stars, see below:

Thank you. I was also wondering where those pesky stars were hidden. :D :cheers:

.../...I still have 736 tracks at the moment. Curious how many tracks you guys have accumulated currently.

Just starting the project of weeding out the crap myself. currently at 1662 tracks :confused:

I'm pretty confident that I tried 95% of all available tracks for AC over the years (there seems to be always a few that sporadically appear out of nowhere).
On my HD 413 tracks, of which (only) 320 permanently installed (and a few faboulous WIP's too :sly:)

Last edited:

Hmm, I'm not sure. I'll have a think if there's a reasonable way, the only problem would be that I downloaded almost all my tracks in one big track hunting splurge about 9 months ago and I've no idea where I got a lot of them. I don't really want to get spammed with messages from people asking for links that I've forgotten and then have to upload myself.
You could filter to display only 5* ones and do screenshots of the list. 25 a page, makes 8 Screenshots. It would take some time for you, but most would appriciate it,to see which we missed.

[QUOTE = "AC Modder, posta: 13115443, üye: 303411"] evet, bunun yakında farkında olduğumuzdan ve düzeltmemizden dolayı. teşekkür ederim. [/ QUOTE]

Teşekkür ederim. İyi şanslar

Do someone know if Dan Busca's cars are available on the new facebook version? It seem that thiss sh..ty update screwed the texts in the albums.
You can go back to the old layout for now.
If you click the drop down arrow (the one that brings you to the settings etc menu) there should be a setting allowing you to revert to the classic layout.

Do someone know if Dan Busca's cars are available on the new facebook version? It seem that thiss sh..ty update screwed the texts in the albums.

I use fb with the mobile, copy the link and send it by email to myself... yes, now sometimes is tedious.

Wait a minute, "Circuit de Chimay" that's my local track :embarrassed: ..... could you share that one ?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back