Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,773 comments
@Masscot , I had a weird thing happen last night for the first time, and I'm wondering if it is what you see when your screen goes black. Before it goes black, does it flash super bright (not on and off, just long flash) light before it goes black?

BTW, thanks for posting the Chicago track :) I've been waiting patiently keeping the secret :P Track boner for the win!

Did you manage to download this track? I grabbed it from the first link in that post - if you haven't already got it here you go

This is not a bad track. Definitely needs some lovin'. But for what it is right now, it is not badly done. Just feels unfinished.

Area 51 ext_config update. I have taken the recent ext_config file from mascot and teddie and added my stuff for the runway lights, arrow signs, and one building that is on the track. So this has all the darken parameters for the track, terrain, buildings, etc along with the lighting for the Area 5f.

The Arrow signs do not flash, but if you want them to, change the condition name for LIGHT_SERIES_1 and MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT_1 from NIGHT_SMOOTH to BLINK_ALT. I didn't try this but I think it should work.
Added note: just tried this and it works great.

Building lighting, the one I have, needs more looking into. Plus I was looking at other building lighting not included in this ext_config file. Just what I know that works.

Thanks goes out to norms for helping get the Arrow Signs to work.

For the area_51 track folder:
Create an "extension" folder inside the "content/tracks/area_51" . And then place the ext_config file inside that "extension" folder. If you have an "area_51" config file in the main Assetto Corsa extension/config/tracks. Remove it or you will or may have problems with 2 different config files.

Here is the link to the new ext_config file for area 51 track: Let me know how it goes. cheers.

Holy wow. Nice job @dathyr as usual. Man, with all the contributions of love to this track, it is really turning out to be something special.

OK. Long post, for blender or 3ds max gurus. ( If you answer, please use idiot friendly terms please.) I used sketchup to import a map, terrain and buildings. I have converted it to fbx. I can import into blender and 3ds max. I'm now at the stage where I want to put my road down. so that I can remove the map. So I guess I create a new plane and try to lay my road on that? How do I ensure that it follows the terrain? I'm trying desperately to learn 3ds max, so that I can contribute tracks and track editing to this forum.

@Popeye, there is a tutorial that I followed for the same thing you are trying to do. It has to do with setting up a spline curve that follows the terrain and then making your road follow it. I'll see if I can find it. In the meantime, look up "video road surface match terrain".

2019 Nordschleife well-beiing package

- added 2019 brandings around the track (the Hyundai ads on start/finish look **** due to Kunos bad texture assets)
- darkened the grass and vegetation
- removed AC scrittles from the track
- added crowd sounds and some techno music around the whole track (hear it at Hatzenbach, Brünnchen, Schwalbenschwanz, Pflanzgarten & Ferris Wheel)
- added campfires and torches

[snipped long]

Updated link:
https://we.tl/t-3IyGUGy1HT

@Fall Guy, I'm so excited to try this. I've thought about how to add crowd sounds and this is the first time, personally, that I've seen it implemented! Can't wait to try it out. Having the ambient sounds of the noisy crowd, the wahah of the announcer speaking over the loud speakers is something I miss from the times I was playing RaceRoom. It really helps with immersion. I hope your work with sounds is expanded upon on many other tracks. Thanks again.

Thanks mate, its been really hard recently with that virus going around but we are trying to scrape together time for the cars. We are experimenting with different cars at the moment and Charles has taken on some paid requests and jobs with other teams out of necessity. I expect the GT500 cars to resume around September. That will be the 2005-2006 season.

@letsdothis97, hey, I've been meaning to ask you. I use the "GT500 2013 Honda HSV-010GT Type A" exclusively when racing GT500 Chivas cars. One thing I'm noticing is that the headlights on this car do very little in lighting up the road ahead of you. I've already installed the 'headlight' hotfix from Chivas, but it doesn't seem to help. Any ideas?

I think F_B's ai line over at RD sorts that problem... been a long while since I tried it though. https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/abu-dhabi-gp-yas-marina-circuit-ai.15824/

Thanks for the AI fix. I've tried a few and this is the first one that actually fixes it. Cheers!

Last edited:
This is just a small ext_config update for the Area 51 track.

I made all the runway signs, cones, and corner posts lit up now. Right now the 2 types of runway signs are basically 2 different color schemes.
Maybe later I will make mixed colors. Seems to point out the track a little more in night view and drives a little better for me with VR.
All other things in previous config file stayed the same. The Corner arrow signs now blink.

Remember, Area 51 track should be somewhat dark since it a top secret Air Base. So it shouldn't be overly lit up, correct? LOL
Of course, they dont do real racing there either. hehe Just kidding. enjoy.

Put the new "ext_config" updated file into "content/tracks/area_51/extension" folder. If you dont have an extension folder, one needs to be created.

Here is the link below. Let me know if this helps driving the track now with night settings.

Im not sure if I'm just a noob and dont know what im doing haha, but i added an extension folder in my area 51 track, and then added the ext_config into it, but now the track just crashes. I then take out the folder completely and it runs no problem. Can anyone help me out? The area 51 track is one of my favorites on AC and i drive it like everyday, adding this stuff would be awesome. (Also, can anybody put a UFO in a hanger? lol)

@Masscot , I had a weird thing happen last night for the first time, and I'm wondering if it is what you see when your screen goes black. Before it goes black, does it flash super bright (not on and off, just long flash) light before it goes black?

BTW, thanks for posting the Chicago track :) I've been waiting patiently keeping the secret :P Track boner for the win!

This is not a bad track. Definitely needs some lovin'. But for what it is right now, it is not badly done. Just feels unfinished.

Holy wow. Nice job @dathyr as usual. Man, with all the contributions of love to this track, it is really turning out to be something special.

@Popeye, there is a tutorial that I followed for the same thing you are trying to do. It has to do with setting up a spline curve that follows the terrain and then making your road follow it. I'll see if I can find it. In the meantime, look up "video road surface match terrain".

@Fall Guy, I'm so excited to try this. I've thought about how to add crowd sounds and this is the first time, personally, that I've seen it implemented! Can't wait to try it out. Having the ambient sounds of the noisy crowd, the wahah of the announcer speaking over the loud speakers is something I miss from the times I was playing RaceRoom. It really helps with immersion. I hope your work with sounds is expanded upon on many other tracks. Thanks again.

@letsdothis97, hey, I've been meaning to ask you. I use the "GT500 2013 Honda HSV-010GT Type A" exclusively when racing GT500 Chivas cars. One thing I'm noticing is that the headlights on this car do very little in lighting up the road ahead of you. I've already installed the 'headlight' hotfix from Chivas, but it doesn't seem to help. Any ideas?

Thanks for the AI fix. I've tried a few and this is the first one that actually fixes it. Cheers!
Many thanks buddy. I’ll see what I can find tomorrow. Been watching soo many video’s got a damn headache. Taking the night off now.

hp48.jpg

Author: HAAK2
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/alfa-romeo-giulia-super-squadra-bianca.34179/

Im not sure if I'm just a noob and dont know what im doing haha, but i added an extension folder in my area 51 track, and then added the ext_config into it, but now the track just crashes. I then take out the folder completely and it runs no problem. Can anyone help me out? The area 51 track is one of my favorites on AC and i drive it like everyday, adding this stuff would be awesome. (Also, can anybody put a UFO in a hanger? lol)

First I assume you are running the Content Manager for Assetto Corsa and have the SOL, BLM lights, and Shader patches apps installed.

Also make sure in the main assetto corsa folder then go to extensions/config/tracks and make sure you dont have "area_51.ini" config file loaded in that location. Make sure you have latest or near latest versions of the apps.

My first area 51 track post had an extension file that went to that location. Now everyone seems to now put the ext_config file into the main track folder.

You have other tracks that work in night driving with night lights, correct?

ATTENTION: Anybody else having problems with my new ext_config file or find anything wrong with it?

ATTENTION: Anybody else having problems with my new ext_config file or find anything wrong with it?
No issues here, apart maybe a overly bright hangar (the one you drive through).

ON another note. I now remember that Zombieboy1978 (on F1 classic forum) also did some work on the Ricardo Tormo (valenciart) track. There was an issue with the pitwall that allowed you to drive though. It's still this way. Nobody noticed ?

ricardo_pit.png
ricardo_pittop.png

Would be nice if that got fixed...
(Not just one spot, but the while pitwall acts like this).

First I assume you are running the Content Manager for Assetto Corsa and have the SOL, BLM lights, and Shader patches apps installed.

Also make sure in the main assetto corsa folder then go to extensions/config/tracks and make sure you dont have "area_51.ini" config file loaded in that location. Make sure you have latest or near latest versions of the apps.

My first area 51 track post had an extension file that went to that location. Now everyone seems to now put the ext_config file into the main track folder.

Ah! Thanks for the explanation. I had the "area_51.ini" in the location you mentioned first. I am learning! Haha. Just gave it a lap, looks fantastic to me. A few bright signs but nothing to complain about. Love it!! Thanks for the help!

I should mention - i'm good at click and dragging into content manager and thats about it... everything else I'm still getting comfortable with haha

Also - to the person who uploaded the Chicago track - hot dang!! Just did a few laps in various cars, constant high 100's framerate, and absolutely beautiful!! Thank you!

Ah! Thanks for the explanation. I had the "area_51.ini" in the location you mentioned first. I am learning! Haha. Just gave it a lap, looks fantastic to me. A few bright signs but nothing to complain about. Love it!! Thanks for the help!

I should mention - i'm good at click and dragging into content manager and thats about it... everything else I'm still getting comfortable with haha

Also - to the person who uploaded the Chicago track - hot dang!! Just did a few laps in various cars, constant high 100's framerate, and absolutely beautiful!! Thank you!

Great to hear oskierox. Yeah I first went with the old method of putting config files in the main extensions/config/track. Now I am doing the new method that all is doing now. Also the VAO files can now go into the main track directory.

To Fanapryde: Yeah I havent put allot of effort into building lights yet. Those current settings seem to look good in my VR headset. So I am still playing around with that building and others. take care

oskierox - You will learn as you go and get better at understanding how things work. I am still learning myself. Need any help, dont hesitate to ask this group.
take care

Last edited:
Greatings My Friends,New Car For Download in my chanel!! Alfa Romeo Carabo (1968).

Hi Renzobich,

Thanks for your new mod. Continue with these beautifull exotic cars please. 👍

Let me just point a little issue.
If you set the RPM engine damage at 6900 and the AI UP Revs at 7500, this means that the AI will blow the engine in first lap
and we must short shift before 6900 to avoid damage the engine. Easy fix, I just changed the RPM engine damage to 7900.

Maybe you didn't notest. All good. :)

Cheers

Hi Renzobich,

Thanks for your new mod. Continue with these beautifull exotic cars please. 👍

Let me just point a little issue.
If you set the RPM engine damage at 6900 and the AI UP Revs at 7500, this means that the AI will blow the engine in first lap
and we must short shift before 6900 to avoid damage the engine. Easy fix, I just changed the RPM engine damage to 7900.

Maybe you didn't notest. All good. :)

Cheers

I'm not very good with the assetto corsa data, haha :lol:

ON another note. I now remember that Zombieboy1978 (on F1 classic forum) also did some work on the Ricardo Tormo (valenciart) track. There was an issue with the pitwall that allowed you to drive though. It's still this way. Nobody noticed ?

View attachment 937526 View attachment 937527

Would be nice if that got fixed...
(Not just one spot, but the while pitwall acts like this).
I noticed it too... because you noticed it so I wanna just confirm the issue.;)

I use the version which I put a view some weeks ago and find in this thread.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1294#post-13139617

Cheers ! :cheers:

It is fantastic. Much better than the original. Very enjoyable to race day/night.
Thanks.

mwxj.png

Hmm, is there really not an Indianapolis GP course that goes the right direction around the track? (clockwise)
I don't have one and after watching the races today went to look and both I had are counter. :boggled:

It is fantastic. Much better than the original. Very enjoyable to race day/night.
Thanks.

mwxj.png

You are welcome. I am learning the light config thing as I go and with a little help from others in the group. I will see how much I can do with the buildings for any lighting as they are now. Cant seem to do much with the airplanes, not much to them far as layers.

This track in a way kind of reminds me of the US Cleveland airport track which is also available for Assetto Corsa. Wide open track and hard to see the corners at Cleveland. Indycar raced there.

take care.

I know it's heresy to ask about racing in a forum devoted to pin-striping the lower control arms (as we bench racers used to say), but I would like to hear from anyone with an experienced-based opinion about tire temps across the tread (that is, inner/middle/outer) on the Radical SR3 under race conditions. Celsius or F., your choice (but plz indicate which).

Hmm, is there really not an Indianapolis GP course that goes the right direction around the track? (clockwise)
I don't have one and after watching the races today went to look and both I had are counter. :boggled:

There is a road-layout in Legion's Indy that runs clockwise. At least was last time I checked. :odd:

There is a road-layout in Legion's Indy that runs clockwise. At least was last time I checked. :odd:
That's one of the ones I have. Thought it was updated too because it has vao and extension. That was counter. Might have to see if he can make a reverse version of the reverse version. I'm not opposed to leaving a reverse version but it should have the correct version used in races. Plus the "moto" version he has is the one they run for Indy cars. I'll redownload and see if there is anything different.

Last edited:
That's one of the ones I have. Thought it was updated too because it has vao and extension. That was counter. Might have to see if he can make a reverse version of the reverse version. I'm not opposed to leaving a reverse version but it should have the correct version used in races. Plus the "moto" version he has is the one they run for Indy cars. I'll redownload and see if there is anything different.

The Road Course of Legion's version (folder indianapolis_sp) is clockwise, as it was in today's race, as usual. I didn't know about Legion's version until recently, but fortunately I found it just as the RSS Formula Americas 2020 was released. I didn't like the other versions I had before I found this one.

I haven't tried the oval layout--it should be counter-clockwise, as the real oval race is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is anyone experiencing black grass at ks_Imola? I see black grass with grassFX turned on or off. I haven’t ran Imola in some time, so not sure what happened. Something to do with CSP? I’m on CSP 1.46.

Is anyone experiencing black grass at ks_Imola? I see black grass with grassFX turned on or off. I haven’t ran Imola in some time, so not sure what happened. Something to do with CSP? I’m on CSP 1.46.
If you're using Sol 1.5 of higher I suggest using CSP 0.1.52 or higher. If not, then still use a newer version of CSP.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back