Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,789 comments
I hate to be that guy, but SRPSIMRACING is not the author. Ask me how I know...
New version still WIP, new job allows me SFA free time.

Sorry, if you are the author of this track (Col de Turini). I have a version of this track (folder name: turini) but no idea, where I did get it from. There was no information in the ui_track.json file about the author, so I checked the internet and only found the youtube video posted above - by SRPSIMRACING.

I would appreciate it, when authors fill in the correct information in the ui_track.json file to avoid misunderstandings like this one.

its been a long time not to post something on this channel, here it is guys. my progression on the Bugatti EB110 1992 US Spec. i just reworked all most all the texture/body to make it looked good as it is on real life.
View attachment 937580 View attachment 937581 View attachment 937582 View attachment 937583 View attachment 937584 View attachment 937585 View attachment 937586 View attachment 937587 View attachment 937588

omg the attention to detail, even down to the nakamichi mt1 stereo, one of the best car models i have ever seen if not the best, great job Kenneth , do you intend to do the driver model with Michael Schumacher's face?

Yeah, just had to do the 'FLIP=1' trick on the rear view mirror.
It is nice in VR but the Kunos driver is huge in these little cars (he's huge anyway) so I find my view clipping through his collar unless I hunch over the steering wheel like a little old lady. The driver probably needs scaling down about 5% or so.
I wonder if there's a way to hide the driver's collar in VR like you can hide his face?

Edit: hey @Blamer, weren't you going to integrate the mirror FLIP trick into BLM Car at one point?
Hey, sorry if I'm replying only now, I bought a new house so I'm pretty busy with that. I haven't used AC in maybe a month also because I kept having crashes. I thought it was my PC but it's not, I can play other racing games for hours (even with my motion rig on) without any problems; it turned out to be a bit of frustrating trying to understand what was causing the crashes rather than playing the game, so I gave up on AC for a while.
Add I'm not getting alerts and I have hundreds of posts to read to keep up with the pace you guys write...

So, after this useless intro, the mirrors:
I added the functions to BLM Car to flip mirrors a few months back, but changes aren't appllied until you relaunch AC.
Also, if you change another mirror value (like when moving mirrors left/right/...) you loose the changes you had made to the FLIP section; pretty annoying...
I had asked Ilja if it would be possible to live apply changes but he told me those kind of problems should have been fixed with the CSP mirrors normalization (which it eventually isn't the case) so I didn't proceed looking at fixing the problem. I will (maybe if I don't find another fix I will just show an alert when you flip the mirrors that warns you to restart AC for changes to be applied, could that work for you?)

Hey, sorry if I'm replying only now, I bought a new house so I'm pretty busy with that. I haven't used AC in maybe a month also because I kept having crashes. I thought it was my PC but it's not, I can play other racing games for hours (even with my motion rig on) without any problems; it turned out to be a bit of frustrating trying to understand what was causing the crashes rather than playing the game, so I gave up on AC for a while.
Add I'm not getting alerts and I have hundreds of posts to read to keep up with the pace you guys write...

So, after this useless intro, the mirrors:
I added the functions to BLM Car to flip mirrors a few months back, but changes aren't appllied until you relaunch AC.
Also, if you change another mirror value (like when moving mirrors left/right/...) you loose the changes you had made to the FLIP section; pretty annoying...
I had asked Ilja if it would be possible to live apply changes but he told me those kind of problems should have been fixed with the CSP mirrors normalization (which it eventually isn't the case) so I didn't proceed looking at fixing the problem. I will (maybe if I don't find another fix I will just show an alert when you flip the mirrors that warns you to restart AC for changes to be applied, could that work for you?)
That would be great!
I wonder why a restart of AC is needed though, as it's not required if FLIP is added to the config. I'm guessing your BLM solution does it a different way to editing the config then?
If so, would there be a way to just make BLM Car add the FLIP line to the config, thus making it unnecessary to restart AC? The config will be created anyway when the mirrors are adjusted, and I'm yet to find a car where the mirrors DON'T need adjusting.

Also, what's this 'CSP mirrors normalisation' that you mention? Does it automatically adjust the mirrors based on the edited POV?

I just got around to finishing the mini-games on Virginia International Raceway. Got all four. I didn't realize it would open up additional track layouts as well (10 total now). Love the creativity. Have you folks finished the VIR mini-games?

upload_2020-7-5_4-41-56.png

@Masscot , I had a weird thing happen last night for the first time, and I'm wondering if it is what you see when your screen goes black. Before it goes black, does it flash super bright (not on and off, just long flash) light before it goes black?

No, nothing like that. I think my screen goes black on certain tracks when the modder hasn't bothered to set the hot lap start position correctly, so the car gets dropped on to the track from up in the air.

I would appreciate it, when authors fill in the correct information in the ui_track.json file to avoid misunderstandings like this one.
Agreed - I wish more modders could be bothered to update version numbers in the UI as well. It's the only indication that the mod has been updated when you go to install it.

i- ii just had to do it i had no choice.
Bugatti Centodieci converted from CSR 2 by Dragster666

the car only has one issue its the transparency inside in the doors.
View attachment 937564

Thanks, but those cockpit transparency issues around the windows are totally ruining what would otherwise be a pretty good car.
Is there a 3D guru in the house willing to take a look at this? The steering wheel hub geometry would benefit from a little smoothing too.
Any chance of some more skins? That white is a real retina-killer.

Here's the full details and download link for the most excellent VW Transporter T1LM917 by Nicolas Brunet that @Teddie alluded to earlier:

Capture.PNG

T1LM917 V 1.0
IF YOU WANT TO SUPPORT MY WORK https://www.paypal.me/Nclsbrn89 (EXTRA GIFT for donators…)
WARNING It’s a real vintage race car so don’t expect to ride It like a modern car, no Traction control, no Abs but lot of fuuuun !!!
SPECS
Porsche 917/30 Canam Chassis
Vw Transporter T1 Type 2 Pick-up Body (Modified)
Porsche 911 FIA GT3 Brake system (Disks and Calipers)
Audi 90 Quattro IMSA GTO Suspensions system
VS XX WORK wheels (Modified)
Animations (Transmission, Wipers, Shift, Fan , Steer)
Lights
Full AOmap and Shaders (Normal,Mask, Damage, Dust)
Rim Cover in Option (you need to active or not in the extension.ini file ([MODEL_REPLACEMENT_...]
CREDITS
3D Base Model : Kunos Edit by Nclsbrn89
Body Kit : Assettogarage Edit by Nclsbrn89
Indicators and Lights : Nclsbrn89
Sounds : AMAFMOD (Heavy size) or Kunos (sfx folder)
Physics : Kunos, Edit by Nclsbrn89
Engine and Turbo : Kunos Edit by Nclsbrn89
Skins : Nclsbrn89, Bhalil, Hanazono Rio, Jez Horsewood, Julio Sousa, Dave Holder, Adriano Cotta Ramusino, Timo Laciny
Special thanks to all of you guys for taking time when I had problem

DOWNLOAD LINK

https://mega.nz/file/Q3AnBQqJ#RAaw95EimzMXo_gbAVc0M90LWuuBHYfCQ2RPppfKjdw

CONTENT MANAGER AND CSP latest version is required for Animations, Lights etc…

Circuit Ricardo Tormo
Unknown / Fixed by Assetto-fr.tk
https://sharemods.com/i45t3mbr1ng9/valenciart.7z.html
preview.png

Update VAO
Fixed Uncounted pit stop
Fixed Wall pit

PS: no problem found for the hotlap

No issues here, apart maybe a overly bright hangar (the one you drive through).

ON another note. I now remember that Zombieboy1978 (on F1 classic forum) also did some work on the Ricardo Tormo (valenciart) track. There was an issue with the pitwall that allowed you to drive though. It's still this way. Nobody noticed ?

View attachment 937526 View attachment 937527

Would be nice if that got fixed...
(Not just one spot, but the while pitwall acts like this).

Fixed :)

Here's the full details and download link for the most excellent VW Transporter T1LM917 by Nicolas Brunet that @Teddie alluded to earlier:

View attachment 937619

T1LM917 V 1.0
IF YOU WANT TO SUPPORT MY WORK https://www.paypal.me/Nclsbrn89 (EXTRA GIFT for donators…)
WARNING It’s a real vintage race car so don’t expect to ride It like a modern car, no Traction control, no Abs but lot of fuuuun !!!
SPECS
Porsche 917/30 Canam Chassis
Vw Transporter T1 Type 2 Pick-up Body (Modified)
Porsche 911 FIA GT3 Brake system (Disks and Calipers)
Audi 90 Quattro IMSA GTO Suspensions system
VS XX WORK wheels (Modified)
Animations (Transmission, Wipers, Shift, Fan , Steer)
Lights
Full AOmap and Shaders (Normal,Mask, Damage, Dust)
Rim Cover in Option (you need to active or not in the extension.ini file ([MODEL_REPLACEMENT_...]
CREDITS
3D Base Model : Kunos Edit by Nclsbrn89
Body Kit : Assettogarage Edit by Nclsbrn89
Indicators and Lights : Nclsbrn89
Sounds : AMAFMOD (Heavy size) or Kunos (sfx folder)
Physics : Kunos, Edit by Nclsbrn89
Engine and Turbo : Kunos Edit by Nclsbrn89
Skins : Nclsbrn89, Bhalil, Hanazono Rio, Jez Horsewood, Julio Sousa, Dave Holder, Adriano Cotta Ramusino, Timo Laciny
Special thanks to all of you guys for taking time when I had problem

DOWNLOAD LINK

https://mega.nz/file/Q3AnBQqJ#RAaw95EimzMXo_gbAVc0M90LWuuBHYfCQ2RPppfKjdw

CONTENT MANAGER AND CSP latest version is required for Animations, Lights etc…

Nice mod and all but... 3D Base Model by Kunos ? Not so sure about that ahah.

Guys is there a ks_silverstone 67 config available? My track is way too overexposed and I event can´t fix it with TA exposure value in SOL config.

alfa_romeo_8c_GT_SPORTS.jpg

Alfa Romeo 8C GT Sport

by Velo

Incorporating skins from three other versions of this car which had to be reworked and modified. 2x skin by Velo & 3x skins by Marcassin.

Added features include racing harness, front struts to splitter, new textures, Falken and Dunlop tyre branding, new calipers and new textures to brake discs...lots of added features. New previews and driver skins.

I have not designated this car as a GT3 because in reality it did not exist, however the physics are at GT3 standard.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/75yqj5lwl9f0fo6/alfa_8c_gtsport.7z/file

Yes the physics of the street version are very good, they are my favourite of any of the drift packs. The pack is death wish Garage -

Tried a few cars now, I must say, loving the engine sounds and the handling. I can drive all cars as a normal cars.
However, if I want to slide and drift, I can do it. Quite easy to fun around drifting (not bad myself, hahaha), even if it is not my love.
But the sounds, wow, one of the best sounds for me.
Well done.

Cheers

Hi ! :)

Alberto Daniel Russo aka ADR updated his tiny Honda S800 RSC in version 2.0 !
Link on RD : https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/honda-s800-rsc.12999/
  • New and improved physics by @aphidgod
  • Revised visuals, new CSP paint shader and more shader tweaks
  • Fixed some LOD issues
  • New dirt and damage textures, and some other optimizations
  • Working fuel and water temp gauges
History
The S800 is a sports car from Honda. Introduced at the 1965 Tokyo Motor Show, the S800 would replace the successful Honda S600 as the company's image car and would compete with the Austin-Healey Sprite, MG Midget, Triumph Spitfire and Fiat 850 Spider.

Like the S600, it was available as either a coupe or roadster and continued the advanced technology of its predecessors. The 791 cc straight-4 engine produced 70 hp 52 kW at 8000 rpm, thus making this Honda's first 100 mph (160 km/h) automobile, but still allowing for 35 mpg or 6.7 L/100 km. In April 1967 the car was described as the fastest production 1-litre car in the world thanks to its high revving engine up to 10,000 rpm and the manufacturer's history of manufacturing powerful relatively low capacity motor-cycle engines.

In February 1968, the S800M (aka S800MK2) was introduced with flush mounted interior door handles, side marker lights outside, dual-circuit brakes, lean burn carburetion under the bonnet and safety glass. These changes were made for the American market, but the car was never imported there officially. Production ended in May 1970 with 11,536 S800s produced. Honda did not manufacture another S roadster for nearly thirty years until the release of the S2000 for the 2000 model year.

Personal Story
The Honda S800 (hardtop version) has been one of the cars which drove my mother, she loved it so much... and managed it pretty roughly for my great pleasure even if I was a child ! ^^

I remember it very well, only two places, not really confortable with his very hard suspension, low on the road, "softly wild" with a magnificent sound, last but not least, I was so impressed by the shifter, very short !

Unfortunately, I was too young for trying it (but my brothers drove it... so jealous !^^) and one of my wish is to dare taking contact with a french Honda S800 car association to get, maybe, some thrilling emotions.

More info (in french about the road car)
Anyway, You are able to hear the sound of the car by clicking on "Bruit Moteur".
https://www.classicargarage.fr/archives/honda-s800-coupe-1969

Cool video in english !

Cheers ! :cheers:

Last edited:
That's one of the ones I have. Thought it was updated too because it has vao and extension. That was counter. Might have to see if he can make a reverse version of the reverse version. I'm not opposed to leaving a reverse version but it should have the correct version used in races. Plus the "moto" version he has is the one they run for Indy cars. I'll redownload and see if there is anything different.

Yesterday. the announcers made mention of a "brand new" track for the Xfinity (NASCAR Jr.) race, even though it was patently the same exact layout that the Indy cars had raced on a couple of hours before. There have been several variants of the infield 'road course' since it was built for the U.S. GP in 2000 (I believe), all of which have used the long, wide, North-South straight in the middle of the facility. Most of the layouts have been clockwise.

@ Paulo Ribeiro: That one's from 2013. The prob with most of the Indy variants I've tried (at least the ovals), is the AI; either poorly done or non-existent. The oval is a narrow ribbon of asphalt (as the NASCAR drivers have complained) and you need really consistent AI to keep them out of your lane at 240 mph (385 kph).

Last edited:
@Fall Guy Just want to say your smoke and music and crowds and disco lights and everything else has turned Nords into a proper spectacle and I love it. Spent a while just cruising there as I had to stop every 30 seconds and go for a fly with the drone just to check everything out. Can't believe what can be done with track configs. Amazing job mate, thanks.

Also if anyone else hasn't done so yet - turn off extra fx and get back those missing frames. I gained at least 25fps or more on some tracks and can now run AC happily with maximum world details and everything else turned up higher than before.

Hi guys, a stupid question maybe. Exist any track or proyect of ACC track conversion to AC? Especially Suzuka

As most of us know, Like many of the newer racing games, I dont see their game tracks or cars being converted cause the track and car folders are not accessible to look at in any folders on our computers. As one person said, you can always hope. That is why Project cars 2 never had 3rd party track mods - only cosmetic changes.

@Fall Guy Just want to say your smoke and music and crowds and disco lights and everything else has turned Nords into a proper spectacle and I love it. Spent a while just cruising there as I had to stop every 30 seconds and go for a fly with the drone just to check everything out. Can't believe what can be done with track configs. Amazing job mate, thanks.

Also if anyone else hasn't done so yet - turn off extra fx and get back those missing frames. I gained at least 25fps or more on some tracks and can now run AC happily with maximum world details and everything else turned up higher than before.
I can't live without temporal antialiasing anymore. I've gotten so used to no jagged lines, that if I see one, I loose immersion completely. So can't disable extraFX. Or do you know of any other method to eliminate jagged lines?

When driving some cars in cockpit camera, everything is getting very blurry. It does not happen with every modded car, but a lot of cars. External cams do not have this problem. Please, can you tell me which settings are causing this?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back