Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,058 comments
New EXT_CONFIG featuring RainFX, GrassFX, LightsFX + VAO for the ruapuna_park2012 updated by @DaBaeda.

This is only the ext_config (his original ones is backupeed as ext_config_original) inside the folder. It's more complete because he's one have only GrassFX and some textures fix in terms of exposure. Enjoy :)

View attachment 996147 View attachment 996148 View attachment 996149 View attachment 996150 View attachment 996151 View attachment 996152

https://sharemods.com/hgr8xuxcaxeo/New_EXT_CONFIG___VAO_by_CrisT86.rar.html

Would it be possible to 'fix' the background and eventually the strange contours of the tree lines (second picture) ?

rua_backgrnd.png

rua_bckgrnd.png

Could it be that a similar issue can cause the lack of mileage also in the sidekick´s odometer?
I'm not sure about that.

Last edited:
20210307-213725-deepforest_raceway-scirocco_gc10_v6.jpg

Does anyone know of any updates to this mod, the VW scirocco gc10 v6? Its an older mod but fun to drive.
I changed the disc values in brakes ini. but still cant get the discs to glow during braking. If I watch a replay with F5 cam, I can see the edge of the rotor glow, but not the face. There is a dds. of a glowing rotor but it seems to be behind an outer layer. Any suggestions?

In the UI folder is a surfaces.ini file that is totally different from the one in the data folder ?
I suppose it's not needed ? (It has brickstone, cobblestone etc...)
that would be a mistake, the ./data/surfaces.ini is the proper and that /ui file should not cause an issue. Leave it or delete it.

Hey everyone, I'm running a league and this week we race at Zolder. We are using reboot track version but apparently the pits are kinda broken, game thinks the driver is going the wrong way and sometimes kicks you directly to the pits locking the controls (and in the second time kicks you out). Do anyone knows if there's a fix for this? Deleting the AI folder does the job, but breask

You can try Zolder 2009, it is basically... the same track
https://sharemods.com/1curacvmc72b/rmi_zolder09_-_v1.01.7z.html

Last edited:
that would be a mistake, the ./data/surfaces.ini is the proper and that /ui file should not cause an issue. Leave it or delete it.

You can try Zolder 2009, it is basically... the same track
https://sharemods.com/1curacvmc72b/rmi_zolder09_-_v1.01.7z.html
I already tried every single version of Zolder I could find and always got the same wrong way sign sadly... Tried even extending the ai line from the left side of the track to the right side of the pit road and even doing that had no luck. I guess it has something to do with the back straight (the one before 1st chicane)... Thanks anyway!

An idea about SD situation...

1. They use Paypal.
Paypal will take away their account if you can show IP theft and monetary gain.

2. The current website is hosted in the USA, which has strong IP laws. Contact and report abuse against "assettocorsamods.org".
Hosting provider info:
OrgName: A2 Hosting, Inc.
Address: P.O. Box 2998
City: Ann Arbor, MI 48106
http://www.a2hosting.com
David Cundiff +1-734-222-4678
dcundiff@a2hosting.com
abuse@a2hosting.com

Registar info:
Domain Name: ASSETTOCORSAMODS.ORG
Registry Domain ID: D402200000001716860-LROR
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: abuse@godaddy.com

Registrant Organization: Simdream
Registrant State/Province: Brasov
Registrant Country: MD (Moldova)

3. what if masses of people "bought" and charged back because IP theft?

Last edited:
I already tried every single version of Zolder I could find and always got the same wrong way sign sadly... Tried even extending the ai line from the left side of the track to the right side of the pit road and even doing that had no luck. I guess it has something to do with the back straight (the one before 1st chicane)... Thanks anyway!
Best to ping @norms as his version seems to include an 'online' layout. YMMV

Would it be possible to 'fix' the background and eventually the strange contours of the tree lines (second picture) ?

View attachment 996311

View attachment 996312

I'm not sure about that.

I will take a look as soon as possible, for the trees should not be a problem, just a tewak with photoshop for the texture, for the bg i'm not sure what's the problem, you mean the shadows, the lines (which i think are shadows related too)?

Just one tiny little detail and that´s because I´m a pain in the ass of a perfectionist :)
The normal cams stop very suddenly imediatly (as soon as) the car touches the finish line and the camera is sent abruptly yo the start. Any possible "fix"? :)
But the camera shots (all of them) are great!. Thank you!

This sort of sorts that.
I'll do a couple more standard cameras today.

Attachments

• cameras.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 22
I will take a look as soon as possible, for the trees should not be a problem, just a tewak with photoshop for the texture, for the bg i'm not sure what's the problem, you mean the shadows, the lines (which i think are shadows related too)?
No hurry ;)
Yes, it's those darker vertical bars and also diagonal parallel lines and all these are constantly moving.
I tried changing some settings in CM, but until now no luck...

Last edited:
Hello,
Dumb question but... What is the point of having an "online" layout ?
As in the above case, some pit lanes are closer to a part of the track which is going the other way. Which is fine offline as most of us have the wrong way penalty turned off. Unfortunately that penalty can't be disabled when using an online server.
So sometimes 'creative solutions' need to be employed. See my conversion of Helsinki Thunder for an example. (use the online layout with some AI offline and you will see what I had to do.)

Neilb's LMP physics rework: HPD/Acura:
__custom_showroom_1615198387 (2).jpg

Download(619mb)

Credits go to original creators of models and Neilb1971, who generously shared it here.

You can point out issues as always, but I will be off for two weeks, so I can make eventual fixes after this time.
Obviously, feel free to modify it Yourself.
Have a nice day, people(^^

edit: These cars have new aero solution, with endplates and
two parts diffuser. I will implement it to my previous reworks, unless someone proves it to be flawed. I wil also start reworking Lola cars.

Last edited:

Best to ping @norms as his version seems to include an 'online' layout. YMMV

Hello,
Dumb question but... What is the point of having an "online" layout ?

Yeah @dinosassone you should find the online layout should suit your league needs (or any online race). The AI is modified in this version in order to by pass the errors @GzeroD pointed out, but this means it is not suitable for actual AI opponents. That's why there is an online and an offline layout.

Can anyone share a light on my problem concerning the 'placement' of Formula cars tyres? I have been trying to relocate the front tyres including suspension rods to the desired location via 3DSimEd, but ingame it won't show that way. Alligning the wheels in CM doesn't do the trick either. Is it something in the data that has to be altered?

Example:

__custom_showroom_1615204656.jpg

Last edited:
I try to do some races with different categories which should race each other, e.g. GT1, GT2, GT3, GTE and so on.
So I need to do a balance of performance thing to have them very close to each other for tight racing, which I do with CM ballast and restrictor. Only thing is that when I load a new race, the game loads also different AI drivers, so the performance of the cars is not the same every time. It sometimes differs around 1-2 sec, for the same car. Is there any solution how this can be handeled?

An idea about SD situation...

1. They use Paypal.
Paypal will take away their account if you can show IP theft and monetary gain.

2. The current website is hosted in the USA, which has strong IP laws. Contact and report abuse against "assettocorsamods.org".
Hosting provider info:
OrgName: A2 Hosting, Inc.
Address: P.O. Box 2998
City: Ann Arbor, MI 48106
http://www.a2hosting.com
David Cundiff +1-734-222-4678
dcundiff@a2hosting.com
abuse@a2hosting.com

Registar info:
Domain Name: ASSETTOCORSAMODS.ORG
Registry Domain ID: D402200000001716860-LROR
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: abuse@godaddy.com

Registrant Organization: Simdream
Registrant State/Province: Brasov
Registrant Country: MD (Moldova)

3. what if masses of people "bought" and charged back because IP theft?

To add to this, from reports I've seen for at least one of these"shady" modders, they usually require buyers to use the Family and Friends payment option, and provide some valid-sounding excuse for this. When that option is selected, you can not report to or dispute the transaction with Paypal. As I understand it, the only recourse is to go through the credit card company or the bank that was selected for Paypal to pull the amount from.

So DO NOT SELECT FAMILY AND FRIENDS as a Paypal payment option, no matter who you're making a transaction with (unless it really is a family member or friend).

UPDATE: It has been reported that one of these "modding groups" have now moved to Patreon. I don't know what dispute options Patreon offers, if any.

Last edited:
eTo
Yeah, starts smelling like a nice Streisand effect.
I just hope enough people spread the word on yt.
This whole event is basically sim racing's equivalent of when North Korea hacked Sony Pictures and released all their emails to get them to not release the film The Interview. Of which all that happened was it got people everywhere talking about this Seth Rogen/James Franco comedy that no one was talking about prior to the hacking xD

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back