- 49

- Denmark
Pretty sure it holds ear plugs...Totally not related to modding, but, anyone knows what is this thing's name / what is it for?
View attachment 1000310
Pretty sure it holds ear plugs...Totally not related to modding, but, anyone knows what is this thing's name / what is it for?
View attachment 1000310
kind of a sideways question, but still AC related. I have a few of these laying about the place and an xboz wireless usb dongle thingomajoozit.
I got it hooked up and it works fine in AC , as in it does what it is meant to do except its crazy over sensitive. As i see it the accelerometer is just emulating left stick on a regular controller, so which setting in ac control sensitivity, (i need it to turn the wheel 90' when i hold the controller 90'. I have been wildly swinging the sliders around and dont seem to be effectively changing anything
View attachment 1000254
View attachment 1000255
View attachment 1000182
This is the state of Calder, as its been since early February. Its in .kn5 but without any mesh assignments.
Needless to say, it is not high on my list as it will need extensive work, rework, additional meshes for missing terrain.
If you want to help, that's great. If not...
I will eventually find the time, resources mentioned and get around to seeing if they fit etc.
cheers
You sure about that? I recall someone mentioning that converting GT6 & Sport models for AC is really difficult in comparison to other conversions. I figured editing an already converted model would be easier.Tbh, if someone would bother using their time to update this, might as well just use the S204 parts and combined with the GT6 hawkeye Impreza model. Fixing someone's mod properly would take more time than to re-convert another model.
For the RTM/Ex-Lax-Mods or whoever they are version, I edited the drivetrain.ini file (data.acd attached) to support manual shifting. It's shifting animation grabs the knob well, but it's the basic forward shift movement of most mods.
I wish the skins would be transferrable as well, but they're not. I like this body and wheel color combination for Alfa's. This needs to be added to Jasper Opperman's version.
View attachment 1000304
There's a much better version released on FB today by Jasper Opperman:
View attachment 1000281
Sorry for the delay but I saw Exmods released a version and I'm sure my version is better so here it is. Since it's a FM4 model the interior isn't great but I tried to make it look alright with VAO and a CSP effect for the gauges. 6 of the 9 colors are real existing specs I tried to re-create as close as possible the others I filled in with Alfa colors.
Specs:
BHP: 600
NM: 760
No ecryption
CSP is required for the car to work best but it should work without
Credits:
3D Shell: Car: FM4. Wheels: GT6
3D Work: Opperslang
Sounds: JakubP
Physics: JakubP
CSP Config: Opperslang + Fazani
Bugs: no door or wiper animations, turn signals light the ground green, no rear lip for the wheels.
Any issues found please report directly to me
Hope you enjoy and let me know what you think!
Download Link:
I just gave it a quick go with the Formula Hybrids, and I do have those problems, a few cars hitting the walls on both sides after the race start, and moving right and left senseless..
Thanks for looking at this, Kevin. Sorry for all the hassle.
Now I'm starting to doubt the reality before my eyes though.
I downloaded via your link, deleted the aa_ims file I had in my Tracks folder, then tried a race with Kunos Lotus 3-11, and it's the same problem. So, I then did it all again, deleted the aa_ims file, and re-installed the version from the link you gave and it's still the same
Could someone else, reading this thread, please try the Indianapolis Motor Speedway F1 Course to check the AI?
I tend to only skin the best versions of the tracks currently available, In my signature below is a link to all my previous skins, you probably have most of them anyway. There are a few exceptions to the best versions as sometimes the most popular version gets a skin also. Take the latest Bahrain track for example. The Bahrain International Circuit which has multi layouts was the most popular last year probably because of that and it had both layouts used for the 2 races there last season. BUT, the Bahrain 2020 version of the circuit is far superior in quality and the better track.@Blackcelica Love all your F1 skins, do you perhaps have a list of all best current and previous F1 tracks as well? Sometimes its hard for me to find the best tracks.
Crude but dump this "metal_detail_rim" into the skin folder you want to have gold rims. Make sure to make a copy of the OG file if you ever want to revert back. Just change the .png bit at the end to .dds, looks close to what you seem to be looking for:
View attachment 1000332
Yes indeed. This is where I only ever got to witness a Cosworth dfv f1 car. I think it was 1981 with Alan Jones and Bruno Giacomelli in the V12 Alfa. The rest of the field was F5000 and F2. Jones would pull another gear at the end of the back straight when all the F5000 where braking!Please someone get onto this, Calder is such a great track that IRL has gone to waste. Let's work together community and get it done!
I tend to only skin the best versions of the tracks currently available, In my signature below is a link to all my previous skins, you probably have most of them anyway. There are a few exceptions to the best versions as sometimes the most popular version gets a skin also. Take the latest Bahrain track for example. The Bahrain International Circuit which has multi layouts was the most popular last year probably because of that and it had both layouts used for the 2 races there last season. BUT, the Bahrain 2020 version of the circuit is far superior in quality and the better track.
If you search on here and on the net for acu tracks and reboot project tracks, you won't go far wrong in finding all the good stuff.
If you chuck it out as a general question you'll get different answers from different people. There was a complete list of all tracks and versions on here somewhere which had links to all the best versions of all tracks but I can't remember who originally posted it and what page it was on. Somebody reading this might have a link to it. If I find it, I'll let you know.
yeah, I just found it again myself and updated my reply.There might be later posts about this from @gutbomb.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1824#post-13262748
@gutbomb You should add a signature for your posts that includes a link to your project posts or consolidated Web page.
There might be later posts about this from @gutbomb.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1824#post-13262748
@gutbomb You should add a signature for your posts that includes a link to your project posts or consolidated Web page.
very strange no idea why, I will keep testing, but can't see what you guys are getting weird.
No worries, I'm just interested in why we are getting such different results.
Maybe try deleting those .bin files in the ai folder- I have no idea what they actually do, and they are not necessary. I asked damone to remove those before uploading, but it didn't happen.
Beyond that, my apologies, I've run out of answers- may be someone smarter than me can figure what's going on, sorry man.
you can just take a look at the newest Kunos Cars like the Ferrari 812 for the Shader values, they are very good and you can change them in kseditor and don't need to do it in the Showroom- open car in CM custom showroom
- click on object you want to change shader values of
- click on menu button next to Material (3 dots)
- click on "change values"
- change values to taste and click "save"
I highly recommend to always save presets of shader settings you like to use regularly or you like the look of.
I also do have for standard objects a collection of Kunos standard shader settings (it is always best practice to stay close to Kunos standards in shader settings for best compatibility with vanilla AC and CSP, wonky shader settings because a modder thought he is cute or simply lazy shader settings are the number one cause for visual bugs with CSP as Ilja builds CSP feautures for best compatibility with Kunos standards).
Some settings used in these shader menus don't stick well when cycling through export fbx - modify in kseditor, etc.
For that reason I recommend to do all basics ALWAYS in kseditor (most reliable), then tweak shader values in CM amd then "lock in" your files in your workflow by doing a quick CM->fbx->kseditor->retest in game cycle to make sure you have clean files (this is particularly true when dealing with transparency shader settings.
Here's a direct new link to the track, hope @damone13x doesn't mind:
Indianapolis aa_ims_v2.0:
https://mega.nz/file/Xtw0lCRQ#NiWVqP6RHeysvOCrdXpDzjbF5NnzSTgKd2fSTsA3I8I
The origin of the steering wheel must be placed at a weird point, if it is the case you will need to unpack the kn5 into fbx, place the origin at the center of the wheel in a 3d modelling sofware, and convert it to kn5 in kseditor.Hi guys, I'm dealing with a modded car which has a steering wheel that moves from left to right instead of rotating. Any ideas on how to get it fixed?
If I have a mod car who's tail lights glow entirely too much, would I try and fix that by looking at the car's ext_config file or do I need to unpack the data.acd file and look in there? Thanks...
I haven't tried either of the F1 2021 mods. As I already own the RSS Formula Hybrid 2020 and I don't really feel the need for the 2021 yet. But judging from the 2020 and their earlier mods, RSS should be quite a lot better than ACFL. RSS's quality in all of their mods is impeccableHello.
I have tried RSS F2 2020 and it's just perfectly flowered.
Found it's two mods for F1 2021 - by RSS and by ACFL. Who have tried both, which you consider to be better?
PS im not big open wheel specialist
This may sound like a lot of work upfront but actually once you have set it up it is super low maintenance and you will have a very structured and easy to navigate place to show your work and if you want even let people give feedback:That's a great idea to add them to my signature. I never even thought of that. I'll eventually throw a web page together, but that's what I do at work, writing more code at the end of the day doesn't seem so fun.
Edit: it only lets me have 5 links in my signature so instead I'll just replace the link with the latest one, which always contains the links to the previous ones.
That is what I mentioned earlier in one of my posts:you can just take a look at the newest Kunos Cars like the Ferrari 812 for the Shader values, they are very good and you can change them in kseditor and don't need to do it in the Showroom
Totally not related to modding, but, anyone knows what is this thing's name / what is it for?
View attachment 1000310
Pretty sure it holds ear plugs...
oh didn't knew that you can safe the presets nice to knowThis may sound like a lot of work upfront but actually once you have set it up it is super low maintenance and you will have a very structured and easy to navigate place to show your work and if you want even let people give feedback:
- create your own discord (super easy and free - it takes maybe 10 minutes to set your own discord up, instructions are easy and are straight on their website
- host all the mods you want on one of the big hosting sites (use whatever suits you best - Mega, Google Drive, Share...something...something, ...)
- post your mods within the appropriate channel with a preview image and the download link
- share a discord invite (which you should make perpetual) in your signature here on the forum
That is what I mentioned earlier in one of my posts:
- create standard shader presets (you can safe as many shader presets as you like in CM custom showroom) and just select them for standard items - voila, no more numbers to type in kseditor)
Why I prefer to separate the work between kseditor (mandatory) and CM ?
kseditor is best (read: the only option):
- assign shader type
- assign texture
- set transparency (shader and object) and shadows (if you do your work correctly in your 3D editor shadows will be properly tagged on the objects unlike the many, many mods made in 3Dsimed)
- quickly create instruments that just work (instruments can always be build completely manually by test, error and retesting but it is MUCH faster with kseditor)
CM:
- assign shader settings with my default profiles (a mix of standard Kunos shaders and tweaked shaders, saved in a library) - this is sooooo faaaast
- selective tweak shaders of specific objects (I see an issue while testing in game, take mental note of it and tweak it right away - you can even tweak it WHILE you are in session but it will only be loaded on the next load obviously as AC loads the new kn5 into memory)
- bulk edit shader settings (the camera maneuvering in CM custom showroom is SOOOO MUUUUCH more efficient then kseditor (especially as you can also switch between different camera modes with F1)
- actually seeing and judging shader effects and structures (kseditor is simply not up to par with its 3D render for you to be able to judge as good as in CM)
Doing a bulk of the shader work (while understanding the workflow and the limitations of each tool) with CM is a no brainer given the incredible selection of modding tools Ilja has built in by now.
The only thing I would wish for would be a rendering mode where CM custom showroom would render all CSP config related settings as well so you could do the CSP config build straight in the showroom instead of having to load a session (no huge deal really).
very strange no idea why, I will keep testing, but can't see what you guys are getting weird.
No worries, I'm just interested in why we are getting such different results.
Maybe try deleting those .bin files in the ai folder- I have no idea what they actually do, and they are not necessary. I asked damone to remove those before uploading, but it didn't happen.
Beyond that, my apologies, I've run out of answers- may be someone smarter than me can figure what's going on, sorry man.
Does someone have the Toyota TS020 GT-One by Virtua Simulazioni updated to v1.2-Version by apexxer ?
Can't find the link anymore![]()
If I have a mod car who's tail lights glow entirely too much, would I try and fix that by looking at the car's ext_config file or do I need to unpack the data.acd file and look in there? Thanks...
I think if you lower the emissive shader or tweak some other shaders in cm showroom you can lower the glow, but not sure about that.
Just wondering if there has been any progress with this over the past couple of months - there's a lot of potential for it to be a really nice circuit.YONGCHENG INTERNATIONAL 2020 REWORKED PROJECT (Ningbo)
Hello everyone,
I had already shared here a Youtube video of the track.
Here is a version still in beta but which allows you to race without any problems on the 2 main layouts (full track and full track with chicane).
These 2 layouts are used for the WTCC, WTCR, Blancpain GT Series Asia and Porsche Carrera Cup Asia.
The other 4 layouts (West, mini East, East and High Speed) are not operational because they need work on the pits, starting grid, ai lines.
Members of GTPlanet have already actively worked on this project, but there is still work to be done, I have very little time with my job so if any modders here are interested in helping us they are welcome and can contact me privately if needed.
This track will not be shared outside of this GTPlanet forum for now as it is a project mainly for members here so please do not share it on Racedepartment !!!!
I'm looking for modders to make the skins and animations of the track : WTCR skins, Blancpain GT Series, sponsors, flags .... to have more realism and immersion.
Thank you all in advance for your help because I am not a modder
I remind you that it is a huge job and that for free !!!!!
Yongcheng International 2020 project team : a big thank you for their work !!!
(textures, VAO patch, rainfx, ai_lines, grassfx, folder structure, extension, ai files, normal map, cams, pits, starting grid ... for full and full with chicane layouts)
Without these GTPlanet members nothing is possible so thank you all already for the work done for free on your time !!!!
Modders
@__EASY__
@TheRealCeeBee
@DaBaeda
@KevinK2
@pk3r72owns
Beta testers
@macko68
@ClaudioWRC74
View attachment 988969
View attachment 988971
View attachment 988972
View attachment 988974
View attachment 988975
View attachment 988977
View attachment 989151
BETA version here : https://mega.nz/file/UcQwjJQK#inHXYWzdVhTyQ39jycCxTk926CAMVnAz1VbpxFl7f-U
If you are interested in this project you can contact me here : @ClaudioWRC74