- 7,532

- The Bunker
I've never been particularly impressed with how the 3D clouds look in Sol (I can't unsee The Simpsons opening credits when they're active) and much prefer the more natural looking 2D skyboxes. There's no occasional 'sun shaded by cloud' light variation and thunderstorm lightning doesn't work with 2D clouds, but IMO those are small concessions to get a more natural looking (and less distracting) sky. Performance always used to be better with 2D clouds as well (especially in very cloudy conditions) but I'm not sure if that's still the case. 3D clouds can give weird perspective effects in VR too, especially when a cloud that looks close in 3D drops behind a 'distant' mountain.ok thx man but the only problem is that when I use cloud rendering method 2 3d clouds they look bad idk why!!!!
The only issue with 2D clouds was a slight shadow on the track about 10m in front of the car, but that seems to have gone for most tracks in recent CSP builds.
YMMV.
Last edited:






