Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,793 comments
i have a good system it can run it on ultra smoothly but I can't find the best config that matches real life sky cause i saw some people getting some amazing sky graphics with sol config...
Again, nobody can provide you that.
With system I meant type/brand/specs of monitors (or VR ?), single, triple, different GPU's etc...
It's all about personal preference.
Just experiment with sol config until you find what you like.
If you copy an 'amazing' sky from someone doesn't mean it'll look the same on your system.
Also video/photo may differ hugely from what you get on your screen(s).

Again, nobody can provide you that.
With system I meant type/brand/specs of monitors (or VR ?), single, triple, different GPU's etc...
It's all about personal preference.
Just experiment with sol config until you find what you like.
If you copy an 'amazing' sky from someone doesn't mean it'll look the same on your system.
Also video/photo may differ hugely from what you get on your screen(s).
ok thx man but the only problem is that when I use cloud rendering method 2 3d clouds they look bad idk why!!!!

ok thx man but the only problem is that when I use cloud rendering method 2 3d clouds they look bad idk why!!!!
I've never been particularly impressed with how the 3D clouds look in Sol (I can't unsee The Simpsons opening credits when they're active) and much prefer the more natural looking 2D skyboxes. There's no occasional 'sun shaded by cloud' light variation and thunderstorm lightning doesn't work with 2D clouds, but IMO those are small concessions to get a more natural looking (and less distracting) sky. Performance always used to be better with 2D clouds as well (especially in very cloudy conditions) but I'm not sure if that's still the case. 3D clouds can give weird perspective effects in VR too, especially when a cloud that looks close in 3D drops behind a 'distant' mountain.
The only issue with 2D clouds was a slight shadow on the track about 10m in front of the car, but that seems to have gone for most tracks in recent CSP builds.
YMMV.

Last edited:
I've never been particularly impressed with how the 3D clouds look in Sol (I can't unsee The Simpsons opening credits when they're active) and much prefer the more natural looking 2D skyboxes. There's no occasional 'sun shaded by cloud' light variation and thunderstorm lightning doesn't work with 2D clouds, but IMO those are small concessions to get a more natural looking (and less distracting) sky. Performance always used to be better with 2D clouds as well (especially in very cloudy conditions) but I'm not sure if that's still the case. 3D clouds can give weird perspective effects in VR too, especially when a cloud that looks close in 3D drops behind a 'distant' mountain.
YMMV.
Yeah, same here, I prefer the 2d clouds too.
thank you guys I'll what I can do

A re-work to make authentic Bathurst skins, all credit goes to the original maker at Assetto pedia.
Car: https://assettopedia.forumfree.it/?t=76543170
Skins: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/1985-bathurst-jaguars.33355/
custom-showroom-1590336953.jpg

custom-showroom-1590337015.jpg
anyone got this Jaguar? posted link is not working anymoe :(
thanks

i have a good system it can run it on ultra smoothly but I can't find the best config that matches real life sky cause i saw some people getting some amazing sky graphics with sol config...
Try to reduce the "smog" setting to your taste. I have it now at 5% and very happy with it. It's on SOL config page 6. Oh and use 2D clouds please.

Last edited:
Last edited:
View attachment 1090069View attachment 1090068

Morning all. Would anybody know if there’s a mod with the 2008-2011 style DTM cars at all? I’ve looked everywhere whilst feeling nostalgic but can’t find anything. Cheers
I never ask for mods as it’s a little demanding and I appreciate that these cars are bred through people’s free time, however I am shocked that these DTM cars haven’t made it to Assetto Corsa yet.

They’re available in Forza 4 (and I would give it a go but I just don’t have the free time to try to learn how) so if anyone is looking for a new project… ;)
C1BBCEEF-A031-4E5E-89DE-554702015655.jpeg
8528FFFF-2477-4978-90A8-BADF26EFAFCB.jpeg

Hi guys! the 206 wrc I'm working on is already quite advanced hopefully in a couple of weeks it will be ready to launch
View attachment 1090307
View attachment 1090308

Great idea of merging both gravel and tarmac rims into one alongside extra spotlights, tons of rally cars have separate variants with either rims and ones with spotlights on as well, would love to see you do that kind of stuff with the other rally cars we currently got in AC as well.

I never ask for mods as it’s a little demanding and I appreciate that these cars are bred through people’s free time, however I am shocked that these DTM cars haven’t made it to Assetto Corsa yet.

They’re available in Forza 4 (and I would give it a go but I just don’t have the free time to try to learn how) so if anyone is looking for a new project… ;)
View attachment 1090309
View attachment 1090310

That's the Audi at least I think, though it's not very good.

Great idea of merging both gravel and tarmac rims into one alongside extra spotlights, tons of rally cars have separate variants with either rims and ones with spotlights on as well, would love to see you do that kind of stuff with the other rally cars we currently got in AC as well.
I plan to do a few more rally car conversions, although I'm going slowly as my free time is limited, here are screenshots of two more I'm working on

custom_showroom_1629455770.jpg

iku_gts_toyota_gt86_rally_grb_ddm_gt5_shorenin_00_28_29.jpg

I plan to do a few more rally car conversions, although I'm going slowly as my free time is limited, here are screenshots of two more I'm working on

View attachment 1090312
Just want to let you know that I personally converted that Skoda Fabia WRC 2005 from DiRT Rally 2 to AC already a long time ago and looks fantastic, albeit I personally deleted the weird-ass looking gear shifting thing it originally has in the game since it looks ugly to me...For the rest, I think you could work on mine on merging all rims and toggle its spotlights as well, not to mention make many more skins for it as well.

Try to reduce the "smog" setting to your taste. I have it now at 5% and very happy with it. It's on SOL config page 6. Oh and use 2D clouds please.
i ran 3d clouds since day 1 with sol but oh my god i never thought that the 2d clouds would look so much better !

there is no point in using the 3d clouds now i think

Just want to let you know that I personally converted that Skoda Fabia WRC 2005 from DiRT Rally 2 to AC already a long time ago and looks fantastic, albeit I personally deleted the weird-ass looking gear shifting thing it originally has in the game since it looks ugly to me...For the rest, I think you could work on mine on merging all rims and toggle its spotlights as well, not to mention make many more skins for it as well.
but did you separate all the meshes and so on when converting it? In order to add the door animations, it is necessary to separate the meshes and in this fabia, the rear hood cannot separate the mesh correctly. for 206 I was able to separate everything well. I would like to see yours anyway, where can I find it?
iku_peugeot_206_wrc_rmi_dirt3_smelter_23_14_08.jpg

Hi! And sorry, anybody have this?
yes, but just the Chevrolet or all cars ??? acfl STCAR2017 free mod or TCAR2000 free mod beta v06 ???
I have these mods yet on my Hard Drive, This beta mod can no longer be found on the ACFL website because it is no longer available now just the acfl2017 free mod.

acfl_stc_chevrolet, acfl_stc_fiat, ... peugeot, renault and Toyota

preview.jpg

preview.jpg

preview.jpg

preview.jpg

preview.jpg

Last edited:
but did you separate all the meshes and so on when converting it? In order to add the door animations, it is necessary to separate the meshes and in this fabia, the rear hood cannot separate the mesh correctly. for 206 I was able to separate everything well. I would like to see yours anyway, where can I find it?
View attachment 1090318
I'm actually planning on doing that whenever I'll eventually get back on modding for AC once I'll upgrade my PC with better components, this counts on future conversions of mine and reworks of other mods as well, since back then I never really was aware that much about animations and CSP stuff for AC at all, when I found out some of the features of CSP which can be applicable in almost any car mod, it was there it inspired me and want to learn about making animations and CSP features in the future.

You can find it inside my private Facebook group called 'Assetto Corsa 2 - Your Real Driving Simulator', just search for "Skoda Fabia" or click on the "Cars" tag in order to find all downloadable cars there including mines.

Have driven a few other cars now, but unfortunately can't reproduce your problem. Sorry.
No need to apologize, thanks.
To have this problem, you need a track from easy and the latest Porsche EGT from URD.
Just follow the trajectory.

Last edited:
I have to add some CUT area, I will look at that too
Will you be so kind! Maybe you can flatten concrete slabs, they really have a big effect on fast cars. There are no such irregularities on the prototype of this track.
The problem is that they are right on the trajectory. Thanks!

ups, i don't have facebook 😅
you don't need a good pc to do these animations, mine is not powerful😉
K, then I'll just send you a direct link of it: https://mega.nz/file/gK5SmYCZ#FPU76_nubH3IbGVWVebu0x_ngI8QKo7U79lA7MeJKRU

At least I would need it whenever I want to apply 4K PBR textures from both Blender and CSP to any car I like in order to make it look realistic as possible, not to mention rendering models in the best way too whenever I would make teaser shots out of them.

Does anyone has this version of the 2020 Bentley? acc_bentley_continental_gt3_sprint version 0.60. I have the 0.30 and CM tell me to update but the mediafire link is down so i cant update it.

View attachment 1090309
View attachment 1090310
I have the 2011 A4 DTM though I'm not sure where I got it from. Same with the 2008 C-Class DTM. If you google them you should be able to find them.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back